TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 22nd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Smile Dreaming New Dreams

I'll be working with my fabulous TT and PN lady for this one! I hear she specializes in the over 40 crowd! I am 42.95, so I qualify! I took some measurements and pictures today. The amount of damage one can do their body b/n Thanksgiving and New Years is incredible/awful. I'm really tired of losing and gaining the same 15 lbs over and over again.

I'm also tired of the negative self talk. There is really no good reason that I can't accomplish whatever I want to accomplish this year. I have everything I need and a whole lot more to be successful. I'm the only thing holding me back.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 01-03-2015, 11:14 PM

I didn't go off the deep end while out of town with my eating. I did drink way too much on Friday because my husband's family stresses me to the max. I'm happy to be home and completely in charge of my days and my food again.

Tomorrow I'll get a good sweaty workout in and get my water drinking back up.

I had a new Magic Line Loaf Pan waiting on my porch when I rrived home this evening, so I'll do some healthy baking for breakfasts/lunches next week!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 01-04-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I didn't go off the deep end while out of town with my eating. I did drink way too much on Friday because my husband's family stresses me to the max. I'm happy to be home and completely in charge of my days and my food again.

Tomorrow I'll get a good sweaty workout in and get my water drinking back up.

I had a new Magic Line Loaf Pan waiting on my porch when I rrived home this evening, so I'll do some healthy baking for breakfasts/lunches next week!
Don't worry about the potholes, Leslie, the road will still get you there!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Thank you Rob!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 PM

Default 1/5/14

Back in the gym today after a long break. My neck, which was hurting me, is feeling so much better. I held back a little, but I'm already feelin' it! I had a delicious meal tonight that clocked in right at 600 calories. I'm going to type out all of the 500-600 calories meals that I come up with to refer back to. Hope everyone else, wherever you are, had a great day! Leslie
Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 AM

In the spirit of no more negative self talk, I'm going to brag on myself! I did not have a clue how to cook anything when I flew the nest. I've had to learn it all. Recently I was sort of feeling down on myself that I'm still not a better cook. Today I realized something while preparing my dinner. I can dice an onion LIKE A BOSS! I'm actually a pretty good cook. I was down on myself because my Japanese omelet fell apart. Good grief, right? I'm my worst critic!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 PM

Today was good food wise. I had a nibble of garlic toast and a fork of tuna casserole( what the fandamily was having), but stayed on course otherwise.

My legs are very sore today despite only doing 2 set of each exercise yesterday. I am working tomorrow so will have to make myself workout in the evening(which I do not like!)
Old 01-07-2015, 11:46 AM

Nice work, Leslie!
I look forward to your progress as well as mine!
I'm sure that that PN nutrition gal will keep us on track.

And yes most people are their own worse critics.
When I say something negative to myself I try to counter with 2 positive statements. That way I get my mindset on track.

shawn
Old 01-07-2015, 02:11 PM

Hi Leslie! I really enjoy reading your threads

I am pretty sure that you will achieve every thing you want!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:01 PM

Thank you, guys!

I worked today and packed a super nutritious lunch. I had Craig's scrambled eggs and spinach special for breakfast(with salsa because I'm from TX and sauerkraut for the gut). I did cave in after lunch and get a coke zero. I was feeling drowsy and one can't be drowsy when working with 7th grade boys. I've had virtually no carbs today so I will have some rice pasta with dinner and then get a workout in.

One of my 2015 aspirations was to talk less and listen more. I had some thoughts on that this morning that hit me like a lightening bolt. They won't sound all that earth shattering to most, but I think it'll help me in being a more active listener. I was actually grousing about other people (family) in my head trying to fix their problems. I've mentioned before that I rehearse conversations in my head. I was doing that. I was telling them, "What if you approached every conversation, situation or confrontation with the idea that you may be mistaken in some way." I stopped and thought, "Wait a minute! What if you did that Leslie?!"

What if I decided that, at any given moment, my opinions might not be exactly right. What if I am mistaken about how I am seeing this situation. What if I am misreading this person's intentions? Is it possible that I can learn something from this person? At the very least, I may be mistaken in how I'm about to handle this conversation. How would that change what I'm about to say? Would I feel the need to say anything?

I'm hoping that reminding myself of this regularly will help me be someone people enjoy talking to. (Should add that I think most people do enjoy talking to me. My own family gets the brunt of my runaway tongue)

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-07-2015 at 07:05 PM.