TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Default 16th contest entries

You can submit your entry to the 12-week 16th TT Transformation Contest here.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

We are all super proud of your accomplishments. Stay strong.

To your success,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 PM

A little over four years ago my transformation began. I was a 6’2”, 230 lb. 26 year old leading an unhealthy lifestyle. It was at this point I decided to change my life. My wife and I joined a gym which eventually lead to hiring a personal trainer and for the first time in years, I had started to feel healthy. That came crashing down when I tore my Patellar Tendon in my knee. This injury left me unable to squat, lunge, sprint, kneel, or even walk properly.

Two and a half years and two surgeries later, I discovered Craig and TT while reading the Men’s Health blogs online. What attracted me to TT was the fact that I didn’t have to do the long, boring cardio. This was mainly because I wasn’t quite able to run yet. I started out by doing upper body/core supersets with minimal legs due to my knee problem. In 2012, my knee continued to progress and I started buying different TT programs. I enjoy the TT workouts because I’m not in the gym for hours at a time and can still get a tremendous workout. I was able to get my weight down to 192 early last summer but my eating habits declined this fall and l began to fall off by the winter. By the time this Contest started I had found my way back to 200. That’s when I decided to give it a try to strip this fat off by spring.

Diet:

During the last 4 years, I have tried different diets that work at first but were not sustainable or enjoyable. I do believe everyone is different so this is what worked for me. The main points I followed were to eat lean protein, stay away from fried food, try to stay away from man-made carbs, and cut my diet coke intake. I also logged every single thing I ate. There aren't too many people who like to eat out and eat junk more than me so I had my “cheat meals” during the weekends. The key is to limit your cheat meal so you aren't using the whole next week making up for the damage you caused yourself. For instance, if I had unhealthy entrée, my side dish would be green beans or something else that wouldn't compound bad with bad. At least I tried to do that most the time. There are still many things I can improve upon. The Diet is more important than most people realize. If you can control your diet and give TT an honest effort, the fat will come off. I promise.

Programs used:

TT2K4
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TT for Jacked and Lean Meatheads – did one week and my knee isn’t quite ready for the amount of reps required.
TT Meatheads 9: Spring Training

All programs were great . I enjoy the meathead style workouts because I can lose the weight and still get stronger. That’s what happened during these 12 weeks. With my diet under control and these TT programs, I was able to lose 12 lbs. and make strength gains all over my body. I was unable to measure my body fat % accurately so I didn’t put a number on it. I would bet most of my 12 lbs. lost was fat due to the fact that I didn’t lose any strength and gained in most areas.

Results:

Day 1 - Day 84 = Difference
Weight: 200lbs - 188lbs = -12 lbs.
Chest: 42.5” - 41” = -1.5”
Bi’s: 15” - 14.5” = -.5”
Bi’s Flexed: 16” - 15.5” = -.5”
Waist: 37” - 34” = -3”

Thanks Craig for opening my eyes to TT and what I feel is the most effective way to burn fat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day1Front.JPG (35.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Day1Side.JPG (31.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Day84Side.JPG (37.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Day84Front.JPG (36.9 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Mike L : 03-29-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:27 AM

A couple more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day1Back.JPG (40.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Day84Back.JPG (37.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Day1Paper.JPG (58.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Day84Paper.JPG (52.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Completed this part of my journey on Saturday, 3.30. Why do I love these contests? For the challenge to myself, to better myself. For accountability to my friends and guides on this forum. I have said it many times, but being able to write here and then read the feedback from all of you is priceless. Having fellow travelers on this journey allows me to share my stumbles and triumphs. Knowing I can ask for advice and "gentle" encouragement gets me through some days. I can't thank all of you enough for helping me.

My goal was to reach 125lbs. I reached 128. HUGE for me. Knowing that I can exist below 130lbs and not be hungry or miserable is great news for me. My desire to be below 130lbs is the holy grail for me. It is a healthy place for me. My back and knees feel great. I feel great.

I lost 1" around my waist. The rest of the measurements were about the same. I think my "bump" below my waist is a bit smaller. If I can figure out how to attach the pictures from the beginning of the contest to compare I will edit this entry.

I used Chris Lopez's Kettlebell Revolution 2.0 throughout TT#16. A great program. Besides how very tough is was, and how I think it is helping me to lose body fat, the fact that I could DO the workouts was so encouraging. When I read through it the first few times, I was aghast, thinking there was no way I could do some of it. Talk about endorphins! Chris was I think Craig's first certified turbulence trainer and knows how to design for maximum effectiveness. Gave me sky high confidence.

The main reason I am here and continue to be here is Craig. You are a great trainer, motivator and guide. No BS, but the programs AND encouragement to be our best. Can't thank you enough, and can't wait to accomplish more.
Concetta
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front1.jpg (28.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg back1.jpg (26.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg side1.jpg (27.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg paper1.jpg (28.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 PM

There were several significant events that happened in 2012. I reached 70 years of age, my wife and I celebrated 40 yrs of marriage and beginning around last September we began to transition to a plant based diet. I noticed there were not a lot of “old geezers” entering the TT Transformation Contest but decided to join in anyway. I have been doing TT workouts for a bit over 2 years and at that time weighed 168 lbs but having been as high as 172. When the contest started I was in the midst of the 6 Month Bodyweight Manuel which I just completed last week. I did the workouts only but not the post workout intervals. I lost 6 lbs but feel a lot of my gains were performance based. At my final workout I was able to do the 3 sets of pull ups in sets of 10-9-8 compared to 8-8-8 my first workout. Also, last week I did 5 chin ups with a 50 lb dumbbell held between my legs and 2 reps with 75 lbs. At my final workout I was finally able to do 3 sets of 10 reps on the burpees as the last exercise in the final 5 exercise circuit. My first attempt I did 8-8-0. During many of my workouts I was able to reach a max heart rate in the low 170’s. These workouts seem to be excellent for conditioning. Also feel my core strength is vastly improved.

1/7/13 4/1/13
Weight 146 140
Waist 34 33
Hips 37 ¼ 36
Chest 37 ¼ 36 ½

40 years ago I weighed 138 lbs and considered my self fairly muscular, trim and fit. I know I have lost muscle mass as I have aged so it would not be unreasonable to drop a bit more weight. I want to keep fit to enjoy my hobbies of backpacking, camping and gardening and many more years of my TT workouts.
Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.JPG (31.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0681.JPG (31.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by duckman : 04-02-2013 at 03:06 PM.