TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM

Default Rileysowner Constest Log

First day for me today. I did TT 20-10 Bodyweight Revolution Workout A. For a total time of about 30 minutes it is a real killer. Almost thought I wouldn't get through the whole workout by the time I got about 2/3rds of the way through. I pushed on and finished though. This is the first TT workout for me since my surgery for a meniscus tear back in November. Good to get back at it, but the scale and measurements post-surgery post-holidays are not pretty. Hopefully I can get some good headway to my goals health wise in the next 12 weeks.

Now to find a paper for today to take a pic with. My darling wife cancelled it through the holidays since we have no time to read it. I thought it was starting again this week, but I must have been wrong.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Administrator

great work, how is the knee?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 PM

The knee is fine. I do notice it is a lot weaker than I am used to, but with a long lay off along with favoring it post surgery, that is not a surprise. I am guessing 6-8 months for the strength to get back to 100%. The workout went great. I am a little sore today with DOMS, but not overwhelmingly so. I am going to give Workout B a shot a little later today after my rather late breakfast has digested. That is one thing with the 20-10 style workouts, I don't want a lot of food in my stomach while doing it. So far it is a great workout even with substituting various thing for the jumping movements. I do look forward to the day I can do it with them, but it won't be this four weeks. I was happily surprised doing the running in place that running no longer (at least in place) no longer bothers my knee. I expected that would go away about now, so it was nice to see it did.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM

In spite of lots of muscle soreness I attempted 20-10 BW Revolution Workout B today. I did ok until about 2/3rds of the way through. Then I completely ran out of gas. I tried a few more rounds, took some extra rest, but I was done. Perhaps if I had slept better last night I would have had the mental energy to keep going, but that was not the case. Overall still a good workout, but I wish I could have finished it. Next time I will.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Jim, welcome back. Glad to hear your knee is better. 20/10 is a great program. My box jumps were VERY low. Take your time with it, there is always a substitution. Good luck in TT#16. Concetta
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Jim, welcome back. Glad to hear your knee is better. 20/10 is a great program. My box jumps were VERY low. Take your time with it, there is always a substitution. Good luck in TT#16. Concetta
At this point all jumps are out since they are one of the few things that bother my knee. I am guessing by the end of 4 weeks, if not before, that will change, but my physiotherapist said to expect these sort of things until all the swelling is gone completely which could be another month or even 2. It is a constantly changing thing. Before I did workout A yesterday I couldn't run in place as it caused discomfort in my knee. I thought I would try it yesterday, and it worked just fine.

So far I love this workout. It has gone to my favorite list along with BW Cardio #3, TT for Reformed Meatheads, and Metabolic Finishers. Of course, now that the knee surgery is past, there are a bunch of other ones that will probably be added to the list. I can't wait.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM

Like a kid in a candy store! Which program next?! Excellent! Concetta
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM

Hi Jim,

Glad you're recovering well. All the best on a great contest, hope you reach your goals and stay injury free.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the good wishes.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM

20-10 BW Revolution Workout C today. Still lots of DOMS in the legs,but after foam rolling things were much better. Then post workout, they feel fine.