TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2014, 04:38 PM

Week two finished. I also completed my first week of 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. My workouts and nutrition was good this week.

However, I gained a tiny bit of weight and no change on my other measurements. So, I hope that is just my body adjusting to 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. I will stick with it for at least 3 more weeks before I will change anything. I need to give it a chance.

Have a great week,
Chuck
Old 01-25-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Arbogast View Post
Week two finished. I also completed my first week of 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. My workouts and nutrition was good this week.

However, I gained a tiny bit of weight and no change on my other measurements. So, I hope that is just my body adjusting to 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. I will stick with it for at least 3 more weeks before I will change anything. I need to give it a chance.

Have a great week,
Chuck
Be patient Chuck. IF is no magic bullet. Done correctly it will provide you with a more favorable hormonal profile but it's not going to magically make fat disappear. I wish it would!

To be successful you still need to monitor you energy in and energy out and adjust accordingly.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Week four finished, which means I finished Thermogenic 30 2.0. I'm starting Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks 2.0 on Monday.

I've been doing 16/8 Intermittent Fasting for 3 weeks using a lower carb (15-20% of cals) approach and also incorporating a cheat meal once a week. I have done well with sticking with this plan.

I haven't really lost any weight and a small loss in my belly measurement. I had better results before when I had a bit more carbs (about 30-35% of cals), so I plan on upping the carbs but continuing with the 16/8 IF approach. I will do this for the entire time I am doing BDHC 2.0 and I hope it gets my fat loss moving in the right direction.

I am not sure what program to do for my last four weeks of the contest. I really like the follow along video's, but I think I have already done all of them by the time I finish BDHC 2.0. I have done the Home Workout Revolution 12 week program, TT 2.0 (Intermediate, Advanced & Expert) and just finished Thermo 30 2.0. Is there a follow along program that I am forgetting about? If not, then what program would you suggest to finish up with?

Thanks, and have a great week,
Chuck
Old 02-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Smile Nice Work!

I finished week 4 too! I'll be starting TT Advanced. On the fasting, I've just finished reading several days on the Lean Gains site. He says that if you fast on the workout days, that should be the higher carb days and the carbs should taper off as the day goes on. That's what I'm doing. I am actually doing the 16/8 fast everyday though. It's honestly not very different than my normal way of eating. On my light days, I'm trying to keep the carbs a bit lower. For now this seems to be working well. Diet is such a personal thing though and men seem to be able to fudge the rules a little without much trouble!! Have a great week!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:45 PM

Thanks Leslie! I've switched up my nutrition while IF. I will mention it in my update below.

Week 1 of Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks 2.0 complete. I really liked the workouts. On paper they didn't seem all that different but when I did them they did seem tougher. It must have been the way they were laid out. The workouts are a little longer but I don't mind.

As mentioned last week, I was doing 16/8 Intermittent Fasting using a lower carb (15-20% of cals) approach and also incorporating a cheat meal once a week. Since I wasn't seeing any results with that approach, I started eating more carbs and less fats, while keeping my total calories the same. On my main workout days, my carbs are about 40% of my cals and on the other days, except for the cheat day, my carbs are about 30% of my cals. My protein % is staying the same, the only thing changing is my fat %.

In making the above change in my nutrition, I have seen immediate results. I lost 1.8 lbs this week and 0.25 inches off of my belly and waist. So, I don't really understand why this works for me, especially since most people say to cut carbs to loose weight, but it is working so I plan to continue to do it until it doesn't work for me.

I asked this last week and I will ask it again. I am not sure what program to do for my last four weeks of the contest. I really like the follow along video's, but I think I have already done all of them by the time I finish BDHC 2.0. I have done the Home Workout Revolution 12 week program, TT 2.0 (Intermediate, Advanced & Expert) and just finished Thermo 30 2.0. Is there a follow along program that I am forgetting about? If not, then what program would you suggest to finish up with?

Chuck

Last edited by Chuck Arbogast : 02-15-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Great results!

Unfortunately, that's it for the videos...you've completed them all. Nice!

I'd recommend the 2K14 Guru or Thermo 30 3.0 next.

Glad you are experiencing the "magic" that is always found in BDHC.

Craig
Old 02-16-2014, 08:40 AM

Thanks Craig!

Do you have any insight why I would be loosing more weight with a higher carb intake?

I will check out those two workouts and see which will work for me the best. I don't have any barbell equipment. Just a set of 70 lb Power Block Dumbbells, a bench, a pull up bar, Jungle Gym XT and a Power Wheel. So, I can do most everything except the barbell stuff.

Thanks again,
Chuck
Old 02-19-2014, 04:25 AM
Administrator

I don't think your carb intake is that big of a deal. You'd have to post your entire daily diet (old and new) for us to compare things. I might not have the nutrition expertise to comment, though.

Let me know if there are any workout problems, and keep up the great work!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:28 AM

Week 2 of Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks 2.0 complete.

Sticking with last weeks nutrition change actually made me gain a pound of weight but I lost 0.25 inches on my belly and 0.25 inches on my waist. So, it seems like mixed results but the most important aspect is the belly and waist measurements and not my scale weight.

At this point I am not sure if my daily calorie intake is right. I am basically following a 16/8 IF diet at a caloric deficit for fat loss since my current body fat is about 23%. However, I am confused as to how to figure out my calorie needs. Most diet plans I read say multiply your weight by 11 or 12 for fat loss. So, I am doing that but since I know my body fat %, I am using my lean body mass for that calculation and not my overall weight. So, for my current situation, my overall weight is 193 lbs, so at 23% body fat, my lean body mass is around 148 lbs. So when I multiply that by 12, it comes out to 1776 calories. That is what I am using now. Is that too low? Should I be using my overall weight to determine my calories? If I multiplied 193 lbs with 12, it would come out to 2316 calories. So, that is a huge difference. So, I guess I may not be eating enough.

Any help figuring this out is appreciated.

Chuck
Old 02-22-2014, 08:25 AM

Hi Chuck,

I've noticed my body responded similar to yours with IF. First two weeks on BDHC I saw great changes in the mirror, measurements and scale weight dropping. It was awesome and very motivating!!! But then last two weeks saw increases in scale weight that was frustrating (yes Craig, I know... forget the scale!!!!! LOL). Don't feel the clothes fitting any leaner and still want to see abdominal fat (and those darn love handles) go away. But the arms, chest and shoulders are looking better which is nice!

I've found it's been very challenging in the evening to control the appetite and the snack monster has been getting me. Even a hi-protein "Fro Bowl" doesn't curb it sometimes.

I've been doing IF for about 12 weeks so I think It's time to mix it up for awhile. Don't want anything complicated tho!

Good luck with your journey!!

Mark

Mark