TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Default Working toward a Less Mortifying After Picture

Hello, I'm Christine- and this is my first ever transformation contest that I am going to finish. Already took my Before Picture(the horror!) My transformation will run May1-July 23, 2010. Here are my starting stats.

May 1, 2010:
Height: quarter inch shy of 5'4"
Weight: 178
Neck: 14"
Bicep: 12.5"
Wrist: 6"
Bust: 45"
Underbust: 36.5"
Waist: 38.5"
Bellybutton: 40"
MidBum:45"
Hip: 45"
Thigh: 27.25"
Mid Thigh: 22"
Calf:15.5"
Ankle:9"

Programs I plan to Use: TT for Fat Loss Beginner, Intermediate, and Original basically just working through the booklet plus one week which will probably be TT2K3 or some wildcard I pick randomly- we'll see when I get there.

For nutrition: I'm using Craig's simple nutrition, and blender meals. I can't cut too many calories since I am still breastfeeding a bit, so my focus will be on eating more fruits and veggies and eating mostly whole foods. I am planning on a slight calorie deficit, otherwise really, I'll just be spinning my wheels. My nutrition goals: log my food on paper, update on here weekly on how I did. No more binges. Fruit/vegetable with every meal/snack by week 4.

Physical goals: I'd really like to trim that waist down a couple inches and I would like to lose 12 lbs over the course of the 12 weeks. I've just got way too much weight on my little frame that is under this fat somewhere. And of course, getting leaner would be acceptable. I'd also like to be ready for bed by 1030 each night and be able to do 10 real within 2" of the floor pushups by the end of 12 weeks.

My goals will be updated as I go along. If I get brave enough, I'll post up my Before picture before the end of the contest....
Old 05-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Looking forward to your success!

Make sure to listen to Holly Rigsby's call here:

=> http://www.turbulencetraining.com/hollyrigsby
Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Default Thanks Craig-and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Looking forward to your success!

Make sure to listen to Holly Rigsby's call here:

=> http://www.turbulencetraining.com/hollyrigsby
Thanks-lots of good info.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Welcome Christine This is a great contest to be a part of...Good Luck!!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 PM

Default Another interesting workout day

I am not sure if I should post here now or in my regular journal, but whatever, I'll just post here. Okay, one of the things I am loving about TT is that I am finding it easy to work into my schedule if I just have an odd day or a lot going on. This way I don't have to miss a workout and 'make it up later' because, really, I don't. I just end up having 3 workouts overdue and trying to do them all at once-not good.
So yesterday, since Grandma was visiting-yay!- I had A LOT of yardwork planned to do, mulch to buy, etc. I haven't been feeling too energetic this week because pollen is attacking me. I knew I would be doing a lot of heavy(for me) lifting and didn't want to overdo things since I am just a beginner. And it was HOT out. So this was my everday life+TT workout of Monday.
1.) Warmed up. Trimmed the hedges and trees- for about 45 minutes.
2.)I took my planned Intermediate workout A and did one set of each superset with the 5lb weights I used last week.
3.) Immediately went down to the store and loaded up my mulch/soil. 9 40lb bags loaded on cart, loaded in truck, and unloaded all by hand. Tried to pretend I was doing squats with these.
4.) First shower, meal break and wait for the heat to die down a bit.
5.) More hedge trimming 20 minutes. THEN Intervals. 30 seconds of running up and down the yard like a mad person, followed by 90 seconds raking/loading trimmings into the lawn bags. Cool down? More putting leaves and sticks in bags.
6.) Realized some of these leaves were poison ivy and headed in for emergency ivy block scrubdown and some rest.

So, I am a little sore today and super stuffed up from the allergies. My 30 minutes today was a walk with G-ma and the little one, plus some crawling(for weeds). I do have to do about the same thing tomorrow with workout B, except this time dragging those bags across the yard. I'll probably do the 2 sets tomorrow for the workout-unless I am still sore- then just one. I am getting stronger, which is great for doing just regular chores, too. I am hoping soon I'll start SEEING some change, instead of just feeling it. But, I do have some work to do still on my diet- getting that right a little at a time. I've got great breakfasts and dinners planned everyday-just have to work on getting lunch and the snacks to be healthy, reasonable and simple. I'll get there.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:37 PM

oh my gosh! I love your post title!! I took my photo on Saturday and it was a reality check for sure. I printed out 4 pictures and have stashed them in various areas to pull out when I need to make a good decision I have a 9 mth old at home too - love the stroller walks! That's good that you have some warm weather - we are hoping for 60's this weekend I like your outdoor garden workout - I had a similar one on Saturday with mowing and weeding ! Good luck! I know your "after" picture will be great!
Jen
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM

Hey Christine this is my first TC too! The photos are amazing motivation..plus its going to be cool to see how awesome we look at the end, right?
PS what a crazy workout day you had!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:18 PM

Unhappy argh

Well, I missed my first workout yesterday. But I have a plan! I'll just pretend the miss didn't happen and keep on going! Otherwise I am going to be dwelling on it. It is diffucult to train with a sick pukey teether- couldn't even get a half hour to myself yesterday.
I will be intense-er the next workout. Which is tomorrow since the little one seemed to be doing better today. I'm not going to give up on my 12 weeks for me.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM

You have the right attitude about it-just keep going with the next workout! If you need to be flexible about training days, don't feel guilty-you can definitely do that.

I travel a couple of times a month and this often throws my weekly workout schedule off. So I will sometimes take an extra rest day or two when traveling, do a random fun workout in my hotel room or take a walk, or even take extra days off when I am feeling that my body is run down or really sore. You will be glad you did, and feel fresh when you get back to your workout! Good luck in the contest and hope your little one feels better soon!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM

Default First week-pretty much a wash

Well-not completely. I have managed to eat well this week. Unfortunatly I came down with some kind of...well I will spare the details- but I couldn't move so quick this week because of this-so I have missed 3 workouts.
I think I am going to spend an extra week at the beginner level, since I lost this one to being sick.
First comeback workout tomorrow. I'll be back to post how it goes.