TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
I'm trying to get my head around what you are doing there. Sort of like an eccentric muscle up?
lol, . Here you go Peter, I pictured it in my head well when writing out forgetting that not everyone will understand what I am talking about. I found a youtube link...at 1:53, I started in the dip position and lowered myself. My front lever and muscle up was no where near perfect...it was the first time I managed to do the whole movement. I still use the uneven arm to push myself up into the dip position.

It's a work in progress .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ile69oHsGzY

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 01-13-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:16 PM

Default Day 22 Workout 3/25 Week 3 12 Jan 2014

I was awake at the crack of dawn...It was fairly warm and humid here by 7am. Just after 8:30am I decided to do my workout and get it out the way so I could spend the rest of the day with the kids.

Today's workout was a repeat of day 4's and day 12's workout. This is the last time I will do workout 3 of the GBB program.

Today's workout consisted of:

1A)KB Power Snatches -
KB Push Presses
KB Thrusters

2A)AMRAPS
a) Push Ups
b) Cossack Squats

3A) KB Swings

I then added Workout # 3: The 4-Minute Total Body Miracle

1A 1-Minute Burpee
1B 1-Minute Close-Grip Pushup (max reps)
1C 1-Minute Punisher Prisoner Squat
1D 1-Minute X-Body Mountain Climbers (max reps)

These 4 minute miracles are awesome...they really take it out of me at the end of my workouts.

Took it easy for the rest of the day, I ended up taking the family out to watch Free Birds. A good family movie, I really enjoyed it.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 01-14-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:42 AM

Hi Craig. Thanks for your note on my thread. Oh, the Brisbane humidity - that is one thing I don't miss! Seems like you are all over your challenge. Those 4-minute miracles sound like a great addition as a finisher. I might have to up the ante and get onto those too.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 AM

Hi Craig, looks like you're doing really well. Agreed, the 4 minute miracles are fantastic!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:31 PM

Looks like things are going well! I also saw that you're from Brisbane! My best friend lives there, and it's definitely on my bucket list of places to go.... But that's neither here nor there! Keep burning.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJShona View Post
Hi Craig. Thanks for your note on my thread. Oh, the Brisbane humidity - that is one thing I don't miss! Seems like you are all over your challenge. Those 4-minute miracles sound like a great addition as a finisher. I might have to up the ante and get onto those too.
You're welcome...Oh the Brisbane humidity , it was a fairly humid and very hot December. I have just come of the 12week HWR from the previous contest and decided I looked to skinny, I am trying to build some more upper body muscle. I am loving the Kettlebell workout...the 4 minute miracles are an added bonus for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHK View Post
Hi Craig, looks like you're doing really well. Agreed, the 4 minute miracles are fantastic!
Hey Tom, glad to see you back in mate...I am absolutely enjoying those 4 minute miracles. They are a lot tougher than they seem, especially at the end of a workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
Looks like things are going well! I also saw that you're from Brisbane! My best friend lives there, and it's definitely on my bucket list of places to go.... But that's neither here nor there! Keep burning.
Cheers mate...If you ever come this side let me know, we could catch up. Keep your progress going to mate, you're doing well.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM

Default Day 23 Workout 4/25 Week 3 13 Jan 2014

I woke up feeling good today...went to work with a positive attitude and smashed out a large number of hand sketches. It took a while to find my rhythm drawing by hand again, my isometric pipe sketches didn't look to shabby at the end of the day .

I couldn't wait for work to finish as all I can think about these days is getting my workout in...I never new how much fun kettlebell workouts could be.

I got home from work my usual time around 4:15pm and shortly after got stuck into my workout.

Today's workout was a repeat of day 5 and 15's workout and consisted of:

A)Step Vertical Jump

2A)KB Strict Push Press
b)KB Front Rack Squat
c)Bent Row

3A)KB Sumo Deadlift Squats

4A)Burpees

Workout # 4: 4-Minute Abs

1A 1-Minute X-body Mountain Climbers (max reps) - 50 total
1B 1-Minute Bodysaw/Rocking Plank (max reps) - 25 total...I was buggered trying to do these
1C 1-Minute Inchworm (max reps) - 10 total...I was buggered trying to do these
1D 1-Minute Burpee + Mountain Climber (max reps) - 12 total

I was absolutely finished from the finisher...it was an awesome workout.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 01-16-2014, 12:40 AM

Default Day 24 Tuesday 14 Jan 2014

I woke up again with a positive attitude, I got to work at my usual time...6:30am start and got stuck straight into my hand sketches for this job I am currently working on.

I never had a good night sleep again, as the day progressed so my concentration span diminished and I found it difficult to focus on my work...Instead I found myself thinking more and more about my workouts and how far I have come.

Today was an off day for me...I have become very interested in progressive calisthenics. When putting the kids to bed I started trying 1 leg pistol squats on a medicine ball and the bridge...I will buy a basket ball to perform the 1 legged pistols on. I still find it an extremely difficult move and cannot push myself back up from the squat position. My balance was not bad in both legs on the medicine ball.

I have decided on my off days to start slowly incorporating bodyweight bodybuilding into my routine as I see myself heading down this path in the future.

I have become noticeably bodyweight stronger as there are moves I am able to perform now that were next to impossible half a year ago. Though my form is not perfect I think over this coming year I will improve that over time .

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 01-16-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM

Default Day 25 Workout 5/25 Week 3 15 Jan 2014

Woke up with another great positive attitude today. I have also been doing a lot of reading during this contest so far. I am currently reading a book by Paul Wade which I am finding rather interesting and right up my alley too.

Smashed through a fair whack of drawings again today...I can't remember when last I have done so many hand sketches.

I got home at 4:15pm and as usual got stuck straight into my workout.

Today's workout was a repeat of day 8 and 16, it consisted of:

1A) Double KB Bulgarian Squat

2A) Double KB Clean
b) Double KB Russian Swing
c) Double KB Deadlifts
d) KB Push Ups

3A) TRX squat row
b) X mountain climbers

I then added 4 minute miracle Workout # 5: Squat-Climb-Squat

1A Narrow-Stance Bodyweight Squat x 20 seconds I managed 15/set
1B Hold the bottom squat position x 10 seconds

Repeat two more times, then without rest, go to 2A:

2A Alternating Spiderman Pushup x 20 seconds I managed 10/set
2B Mountain Climber x 10 seconds
Repeat 1 more time, then without rest, repeat 1A & 1B three more times.

I absolutely smashed my kettlebell workout today...I am starting to look and feel a lot stronger too which I am very happy with.

I am finished with cycle 1 of this program and will move onto cycle 2 - workouts 6 -10 on Sunday.

I have the next 3 days off...I will spend this time doing basic progressive calisthenic exercises to start getting into the swing of things.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 01-19-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Fixed title
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM

Just watched that youtube clip. Amazing what you can achieve.