TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Administrator

impressive body movement!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
impressive body movement!
Thanks Craig, my hard work and consistency is paying off. Since becoming a member here on TT it has given me the passion and driving force I needed to get myself into gear.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 02-23-2014, 05:01 PM

Default Day 63 and 64

Day 63 Friday 21 Feb 2014

I had fairly cruisy day for me...I tried to keep myself busy at work but found I kept going through all my workouts I have and trying to decide what to do next after this program.

I am really enjoying the 4-minute miracles...as a finisher after a workout they are so tough yet rewarding.

No exercise today as I felt I need to have some off days as the GBB program has become a lot more tougher as the workouts have progressed.

Day 64 Saturday 22 Feb 2014

Well, today was a real lazy day for me. I did absolutely nothing and enjoyed every minute of it. I spent some time with the kids playing games and took them out for ice-cream later that afternoon as they were well behaved and as usual I got myself a skinny flat white.

I made a slow cooked Ox-Tail stew for dinner...it was absolutely delicious. I bought some sourdough bread to go with the stew. I gave the rice a skip and cut 2 overly thick slices to dunk with my stew.

I ate a full bowl, meat veggies the works and after dinner I ate a massive bowl of ice-cream (passion fruit, mango and vanilla flavoured) that I topped with chocolate sauce...I did share it Ciarán though so I didn't feel to bad nor did I feel like I over ate.

I have spent the last few weeks tweaking my diet and found a new approach that is working rather well for me.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 PM

Default Day 65 Workout 15/25 Week 7 Sunday 23 Feb 2014

Today is the last workout for cycle 7 and brings me to the half way point of the GBB program, making cycle 8 (week 8) the half way mark.

I got cracking around 7:30am with my workout...I was really amped to get stuck into this one today. Today's workout consisted of:

1A) E.M.O.T.M.
a) Weighted Pull Ups (I used Ciarán as my weight, I got him to hold onto my waist...the little guy weighs 18kg) I managed 15 with him and 10 with 4kg dumbell between my legs.

2A) 4 Rounds NOT For Time:
a) Double KB Snatch
b) Double KB Push Press
c) Double KB Rack Drop Lunges / leg
d) Double KB Power Clean

3A) E.M.O.T.M.
a) Double KB Power Squat Clean
b) ˝ Burpee

Today was the first time I had tried weighted pull-ups...I surprised myself that I could pull my son up...I did them in sets of 5 doing 25 weighted pull-ups and 5 normal chest to bar totalling 30 pull-ups.

I've come a long way since I've started working out in the last 11 months from barely been able to do 1 proper pull-up to smashing out multiple reps of weighted pull-ups. I am so stoked with my progress.

After my workout....which I was absolutely finished at the end, gasping for breath and my pins feeling rather shaky I added 4-minute workout miracle: Workout #15 Total Body Training

1A Prisoner Squat Punisher – 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 5
1B T-Pushups (alternating) 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 3

I certainly had to rest after today's workout to get my breath back...I am loving pushing my body like this.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 AM

Default Half way mark!

I am currently entering the halfway point through my program and the results earned so far speak for themselves.

I haven't missed a day of training so far and been giving it horns since the start of 18th Transformation contest last year.

Here are my results so far...
=====
=====

=====
=====

=====
=====

=====
=====

=====
=====
I am pleased with the taper I have developed on my back...it was one of my goals in this transformation conchs.

Workouts 11 to 15 have kicked my butt to no end...it feels good!

My diet is still up and down and only about 85% where it should be, I am not complaining as I have gained some good results since the start of this transformation contest.

I am looking forward to the end result.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 02-24-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:06 AM

Default Nice Work on the Pull-ups!

Your pull-ups story has inspired me for the day!! I'll have to rent a little kid when I get to that point though! My smallest child is 75 pounds!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Nice work!
I can't do pull ups...yet but I will
Shawn
Old 02-24-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Your pull-ups story has inspired me for the day!! I'll have to rent a little kid when I get to that point though! My smallest child is 75 pounds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Nice work!
I can't do pull ups...yet but I will
Shawn
Thanks Leslie & Shawn...A year ago when I started getting into shape I could barely do a proper pull-up at 88.9kg. I kept persisting at the pull-up when I wasn't strong enough, I ended up developing a bad case of tendinitis in my right forearm from this...it was a case of trying to go to big to quickly.

The tendinitis knocked me back to reality and I realised I had to build up the strength towards it. Bodyweight rows or TRX rows (recline rows, suspended rows) are a great substitute to building up strength towards the pull-up. Using a resistance band to assist with the pull-up is another great way leading up to a proper pull-up.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 02-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 PM

Smile Resistance Bands

We used those in my brief cross-fit career. I've been nervous to try it with my door mounted pull-up bar. It's not permanently attached and I'm afraid of jostling it loose while all of my weight is hanging from it and breaking my neck! I would love to do pull-ups. Even if all I ever do is the slow lowering though, I feel it the next day.(even in my abs!)
Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 PM

Looking good mate! I missed that elbow leaver. Impressive. You're getting strong.