TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 AM

Default In It to Lose It 84 Day Workout Journal

Ok...I'm in this one.

With some serious thought the entire day, I'm officially putting my name in the hat for this one. My Day 1 of 84 officially starts today (kinda miss saying that around these forums). But yeah, I'm definitely in this one to lose it...well, the weight that is! I've got nothing else to lose than that unwanted weight around the belly anyway so why not join and be serious about it at the same time? Joining this contest will benefit me tremendously as it has in the past.

And what better time to do it and finish it than right before the Holidays!!!

It's been 7 contests and a couple inches gained around the waist that have past since I joined one of these contests where I actually made 2nd place many, many years ago...and at 186 lbs now...it's time to slim it down again. I mean really slim it down again. These contests somehow motivate me to do better at a personal fitness standpoint. I guess the accountability always comes into play because now I know I have great people here for support and can't always sneak past a workout or let a bad diet day slip without people knowing about it. I need a good kick in the butt when it comes to those things even if I've been working out consistently the past 5 years now.

Although I will say with confidence, I've been a bit more muscular than I once was, but with it came some flab. Uggh. Thus time to cut and attempt to lose some significant weight the next 3 months (at least 10 lbs of fat loss is the goal here).

Already on Day 3 of the September Workout (started Friday last week) and so far I am enjoying the simplicity yet effectiveness of the exercises in this program. But I know it lies on nutrition 90% of the time when it comes to effective weight loss. Hey, I love white rice, oreo cookies and potato chips but it's high time for me to buckle down heading into the end of this year and start working on trying to get at least 10 lbs down. I've did it once and succeeded at it at record pace (exceeding my own expectations. Unfortunately I even lost my six pack in the process. I want it back!) and I realize how hard it can be. Which is why I was really unsure whether or not I join this one. But I'm gonna do this and finish it.

I know there's gonna be tons of obstacles standing in my way that I need to prepare for this day forward the next 84 days at a nutrition standpoint (birthday parties, potlucks, get togethers, football). But that's what I like about journaling the journey in these forums.

My end date should be right around Thanksgiving day which is perfect.

Goodluck to everyone the next 84 days and let's have some fun.

Andy
Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 AM

Hey Andy!!!

Great to see you back!!

Any good luck wishes are totally redundant because I've every confidence you'll succeed!!

Hope to be joining you from 13th!!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 AM

Smile

Hi Andy

nice to have you aboard, good luck, enjoy the workouts

see at day 84! Cheers Katie
Old 09-05-2011, 07:48 AM

Hi Andy,

Good luck with your goals, I know you can do it! I've just read some of your blog and I totally get what you're saying on motivation. My motivation went awol after TT contest 10, where I did so well and was close to getting a six pack, and then BAM I didn't feel good enough or deserving enough and have pretty much pigged out since then I'm back on the wagon and motivation is in full swing after getting my head round why I was sabotaging myself. Some people will look at it as excuses, but for me I have identified that I have a real problem with food, binge eating and comfort eating do not make for a good combination. But now I understand myself a lot better after reading a book that not only looks at your diet but your mind happy days and good luck to you!

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minexdy1013 View Post
Ok...I'm in this one.

With some serious thought the entire day, I'm officially putting my name in the hat for this one. My Day 1 of 84 officially starts today (kinda miss saying that around these forums). But yeah, I'm definitely in this one to lose it...well, the weight that is! I've got nothing else to lose than that unwanted weight around the belly anyway so why not join and be serious about it at the same time? Joining this contest will benefit me tremendously as it has in the past.

And what better time to do it and finish it than right before the Holidays!!!

It's been 7 contests and a couple inches gained around the waist that have past since I joined one of these contests where I actually made 2nd place many, many years ago...and at 186 lbs now...it's time to slim it down again. I mean really slim it down again. These contests somehow motivate me to do better at a personal fitness standpoint. I guess the accountability always comes into play because now I know I have great people here for support and can't always sneak past a workout or let a bad diet day slip without people knowing about it. I need a good kick in the butt when it comes to those things even if I've been working out consistently the past 5 years now.

Although I will say with confidence, I've been a bit more muscular than I once was, but with it came some flab. Uggh. Thus time to cut and attempt to lose some significant weight the next 3 months (at least 10 lbs of fat loss is the goal here).

Already on Day 3 of the September Workout (started Friday last week) and so far I am enjoying the simplicity yet effectiveness of the exercises in this program. But I know it lies on nutrition 90% of the time when it comes to effective weight loss. Hey, I love white rice, oreo cookies and potato chips but it's high time for me to buckle down heading into the end of this year and start working on trying to get at least 10 lbs down. I've did it once and succeeded at it at record pace (exceeding my own expectations. Unfortunately I even lost my six pack in the process. I want it back!) and I realize how hard it can be. Which is why I was really unsure whether or not I join this one. But I'm gonna do this and finish it.

I know there's gonna be tons of obstacles standing in my way that I need to prepare for this day forward the next 84 days at a nutrition standpoint (birthday parties, potlucks, get togethers, football). But that's what I like about journaling the journey in these forums.

My end date should be right around Thanksgiving day which is perfect.

Goodluck to everyone the next 84 days and let's have some fun.

Andy
Hi Andy............I know how you operate and there is NO doubt you will reach your goals..I would put the white rice, potato chips and oreos all in a blender...then you probably wouldnt want ANY of them.......LOL........Good luck......Rob
Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Glad you're going into the contest. It's always great to have you posting regularly - everyone on this forum will benefit. You're inspiring me to go in myself; haha....

Kerry
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
Hey Andy!!!

Great to see you back!!

Any good luck wishes are totally redundant because I've every confidence you'll succeed!!

Hope to be joining you from 13th!!
Thanks Chris...means alot! See you on the 13th, brother.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Andy

nice to have you aboard, good luck, enjoy the workouts

see at day 84! Cheers Katie
Hi Katie...pleasure meeting you and congrats on your finish on the recent contest. Great job! See u at the finish line. I'm pumped.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
Hi Andy,

Good luck with your goals, I know you can do it! I've just read some of your blog and I totally get what you're saying on motivation. My motivation went awol after TT contest 10, where I did so well and was close to getting a six pack, and then BAM I didn't feel good enough or deserving enough and have pretty much pigged out since then I'm back on the wagon and motivation is in full swing after getting my head round why I was sabotaging myself. Some people will look at it as excuses, but for me I have identified that I have a real problem with food, binge eating and comfort eating do not make for a good combination. But now I understand myself a lot better after reading a book that not only looks at your diet but your mind happy days and good luck to you!
hi Betty...thanks for checking out my blog. I know I haven't been updating it much here but that's the perfect place for newcomers here to know my history. I leave it open with hopes to inspire and motivate like people me and you. nice to meet you here.

hey, it's never too late to attempt getting that coveted six pack everybody imagines to have. if anything it's all for vanity...but i can say at least once in my life I had em!

it all starts with a dream...a mindset...and a commitment. you see magazines and it's like how do they get that? It's all a matter of how much we want it. But at my weight right now, it may take a little longer than 12 weeks...so we'll see. it's tough, but it's possible my friend. I'll be living proof of that if you've seen my before pictures 5 years ago.

thanks for the push here to get me started. are u joining this one?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Hi Andy............I know how you operate and there is NO doubt you will reach your goals..I would put the white rice, potato chips and oreos all in a blender...then you probably wouldnt want ANY of them.......LOL........Good luck......Rob
Hi Rob!!! You know what Rob - that's a darn good way to see it! hahahaha!!

Thanks Rob..I see you're in too? Awesomeness...I'll drop by your thread here in a few.

Goodluck to both of us my friend....