TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 12:31 AM

Agreed with what everyone else has been saying, you should enter. Its a 12 week contest and you did the best you could with what you were dealt (as really un-fun as it is to have been sick the past while). Glad to hear the congestion is finally gone, really hope you start feeling less fatigued soon.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:06 AM

Great to hear you are feeling little better. You should enter the contest. I also had good results in first half and in the second half progress really slowed down. But we all worked really hard.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
My last day of this contest is Friday. People's results are looking good so far. I'm eager to see the rest of them! I'm hopeful my pics will show something more than they did at the half-way mark. And yes, Gerry, you're right in saying that this is a 12 week contest not a week 7-12 week contest. But I can't help thinking (yeah, I know, illness got me for too many weeks in the second part of the contest) that I should expect to see something more at 12 weeks than I did at 6 weeks.
Hi Heather,

Two things I've noticed with a few people here (myself included) are that:

- at some point in the twelve weeks, you will have a bad week on the nutrition front
- the change from week 1 to week 6 seems more dramatic than the change from week 7 to week 12

To tell you the truth, I was initally a little disappointed with my week 12 photos but we had to rush off for the weekend and so I posted them. However, in comparing them to my six week photos, I do notice a difference - not as dramatic as from week 1 to week 6 but there nonetheless and people here have been very positive

You've worked so hard for this and you should celebrate what you've achieved. This transformation is turning out to not just be physical but someting that flows onto other aspects of our lives as well. I'm proud of you for not dropping out or giving up during the illness.

You should stand tall, Heather.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Let's hope it clears up soon...

I'm the same - made changes in the first 6 weeks and then unforeseen circumstances derailed the second half of the contest! I'm still unsure about whether to enter... I'll take my pics and then see. Hopefully both our pictures will show some surprise changes!
Yes, Clare, let's hope! I'll keep fingers crossed for both of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Agreed with what everyone else has been saying, you should enter. Its a 12 week contest and you did the best you could with what you were dealt (as really un-fun as it is to have been sick the past while). Glad to hear the congestion is finally gone, really hope you start feeling less fatigued soon.
Thanks, Brittanie. I had another few moments over this past weekend where tiredness overcame me (while sitting up, I leaned my head against a backpack and fell asleep for an hour and a half!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
Great to hear you are feeling little better. You should enter the contest. I also had good results in first half and in the second half progress really slowed down. But we all worked really hard.
Hi Tatjana - I saw you were thinking about not writing an essay and I hope that you will write an essay. Whether you make it to the finals or not (and you never know!) you've really done great this contest. I recently looked back at your TT#8 entry and you have come so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Hi Heather,

Two things I've noticed with a few people here (myself included) are that:

- at some point in the twelve weeks, you will have a bad week on the nutrition front
- the change from week 1 to week 6 seems more dramatic than the change from week 7 to week 12

To tell you the truth, I was initally a little disappointed with my week 12 photos but we had to rush off for the weekend and so I posted them. However, in comparing them to my six week photos, I do notice a difference - not as dramatic as from week 1 to week 6 but there nonetheless and people here have been very positive

You've worked so hard for this and you should celebrate what you've achieved. This transformation is turning out to not just be physical but someting that flows onto other aspects of our lives as well. I'm proud of you for not dropping out or giving up during the illness.

You should stand tall, Heather.
Thanks, Gerry. I'm not sure why that would be that you see more changes weeks 1-6 than weeks 7-12, but it's a good point. And it's a good point about nutrition - my worst nutrition struggles came around week 6-7. Thanks also for your kind words (and your words of wisdom) about me sticking with the contest. I guess that dropping out was only a fleeting thought at one point during my illness is a good sign. While I didn't think I was going to be competitive in the 12 week, I didn't intend to drop out. In any case, your kind words mean a lot to me.

Thanks again to all my TT family for cheering me on!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Default 12 weeks are up!

Alright...so I took pics last night on day 83. It felt like the end, so I made it the end one day early.

I was just looking through pics and doing comparisons when I remembered that I wore the same bathing suit for my 5 week pics in TT#8. So...rather than a before and after from this contest, I have a before from another contest and an after from here.

My before is from week 5 in TT#8...my after from TT#10 week 12.

WOW! (June 9, 2010 to March 31, 2011)

I can't believe how far I have come! Slow and steady wins the race, they always say! The difference between these is only 24-25 lbs. But the body fat difference (as gauged visually) is monumental!

Regarding body fat...I had my body fat percent done today for the first time and it was 21%. I can't imagine what it must have been in that "before" photo from last June. I was hoping for 20% today, but at least now I know a starting point for my ultimate goal of 18%.

In other news...I have to rest my upper body for the next 2 weeks since I strained my shoulder on Sunday evening - although I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary during my workout, it hurt the next day and the day after. I worked out again on Tuesday and did a few upper body things but avoided anything that I thought my aggravate the shoulder. It's the same pain I felt earlier on in this contest when doing side planks, but at that time I knew that it was an alignment issue. My thought is that this most recent injury is from doing off-set pushups. My workout called for 12 on both sides this past Sunday and I did all on my toes (that's 24*3=72 of these in one workout). The strange thing is that I didn't feel like my body was moving in an unnatural way during those push ups. Anyway, my colleague in exercise science who did my BF% said that it sounds like tendinitis and made the 2 week recommendation (plus icing) each day. He also said that I need to figure out what I'm doing because I was obviously not moving in a "biomechanically sound" way (his words ).

Thank goodness it is week 12 as I really don't know how I could motor on in the same contest through yet another physical set back since I'm finally back on my feet from the flu!

Happy weekend everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copy-5wk-TT#8-IMG_9120-resize.JPG (53.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg copy-wk12-TT#10-IMG_1524-resize.JPG (22.0 KB, 28 views)

Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 AM

Well done, Heather, you look great! Your abs are a thing of beauty!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 04-02-2011, 04:06 AM

Default change from start to finish

Well done Heather.

A great final photo. Looking forward to reading your final essay soon.

Neil

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 AM

Well done Heather! Your abs look great! Can't wait to read your essay
Old 04-02-2011, 05:03 AM

Talking

Hi, Heather, great to hear from you!!! Congrats on your hard work and dedication so far, the difference in your abs says it all! You are an inspiration for those who can't wait to join the 11th contest (me included)!!!
Keep up the great work!
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Alright...so I took pics last night on day 83. It felt like the end, so I made it the end one day early.

I was just looking through pics and doing comparisons when I remembered that I wore the same bathing suit for my 5 week pics in TT#8. So...rather than a before and after from this contest, I have a before from another contest and an after from here.

My before is from week 5 in TT#8...my after from TT#10 week 12.

WOW! (June 9, 2010 to March 31, 2011)

I can't believe how far I have come! Slow and steady wins the race, they always say! The difference between these is only 24-25 lbs. But the body fat difference (as gauged visually) is monumental!

Regarding body fat...I had my body fat percent done today for the first time and it was 21%. I can't imagine what it must have been in that "before" photo from last June. I was hoping for 20% today, but at least now I know a starting point for my ultimate goal of 18%.

In other news...I have to rest my upper body for the next 2 weeks since I strained my shoulder on Sunday evening - although I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary during my workout, it hurt the next day and the day after. I worked out again on Tuesday and did a few upper body things but avoided anything that I thought my aggravate the shoulder. It's the same pain I felt earlier on in this contest when doing side planks, but at that time I knew that it was an alignment issue. My thought is that this most recent injury is from doing off-set pushups. My workout called for 12 on both sides this past Sunday and I did all on my toes (that's 24*3=72 of these in one workout). The strange thing is that I didn't feel like my body was moving in an unnatural way during those push ups. Anyway, my colleague in exercise science who did my BF% said that it sounds like tendinitis and made the 2 week recommendation (plus icing) each day. He also said that I need to figure out what I'm doing because I was obviously not moving in a "biomechanically sound" way (his words ).

Thank goodness it is week 12 as I really don't know how I could motor on in the same contest through yet another physical set back since I'm finally back on my feet from the flu!

Happy weekend everyone!
Awesome Heather... you should be really proud of yourself.. I'd soo love to have abs like that one day..like you said slow and steady!! Look after yourself with that injury...glad to hear you are back on your feet from flu...