TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Default Put Your Head Down and Go to Work

I found this quote and it spoke to me:

Put your head down and work as hard as you can because there is always someone better out there.

Brian McBride

I wish I remember who it was that said something similar to this to me soon after I got out of college and started in agriculture. I remember the sentiment was to tell me that you weren't going to be handed anything. If you didn't do some of the things you don't want to do you won't get where you want to go.

This meant I shouldn't complain about the tasks I was given, I should learn from the opportunity, basically I should shut my mouth, put my head down, and go to work.

I think this is that time for me in this the 18th transformation contest. It is time for me to apply what I have learned. I did learn a lot in the last one. I finished it, but what down and out with pain by then. I made good strides, but I want to do better this time. I had it in my mind that I couldn't and wouldn't win the contest, so I (obviously) didn't and wouldn't have (long story nobody wants to hear). I don't plan on doubting myself this time. I just plan on getting better.

I will have to amend this as I set goals. I know I want to build in phases. I plan on breaking down changes to my diet in 4 week segments and getting more strict with each segment. I'm going to stay pretty normal for this first 4 weeks, but add in one fast day per week via Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon. Other than that, my goal is to eat whole, nutrient dense foods and avoid processed foods. 1 cheat or reward meal per week. Stay on the fruits and vegetables.

I also know that at some point I want to cut simple sugars and carbs down. I think this will require me to cut out a portion of fruit not around my workouts. I'm still working this out and would listen to advice.

As far as transformation goes, here are a few things I wish to accomplish:

Lose the remaining fat around my belly, and have more abs showing than I do know.

Build some lean muscle in my shoulders, chest, arms, and back.

I'm not really looking to lose a lot of weight. I'm pretty small as it sits nowadays. From August 1 of 2012 to August 1 of 2013 I lost 52#. I don't know what I weigh today, but I will weigh when I start and report the numbers here.

Well that is it for now. I'm in. I'm here to work.

John Wooden
Old 09-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Wow, what a year! Congrats on your progress. Looking forward to your continued journey.