TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 PM

Default WOW Robyn!!!

I must admit, i've spent a considerable amount of time in your thread from TC#9... saw your results and I was amazed, you're so fabulous... so i lurked your thread to see what you had been up too for those 12 weeks... and to think, you were trepidatious because you started a few days late :-) amazing, you had such positive out look and so much good adivce you cultivated for yourself and shared with others. truely inspirational.

So glad to have you in the ranks as I embark on this journey, with the grit and determination to see it through this time. 12 weeks ain't nothin'!

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
I must admit, i've spent a considerable amount of time in your thread from TC#9... saw your results and I was amazed, you're so fabulous... so i lurked your thread to see what you had been up too for those 12 weeks... and to think, you were trepidatious because you started a few days late :-) amazing, you had such positive out look and so much good adivce you cultivated for yourself and shared with others. truely inspirational.

So glad to have you in the ranks as I embark on this journey, with the grit and determination to see it through this time. 12 weeks ain't nothin'!
You made my day NPC. I didn't think what I was posting made a difference or that anyone was really interested. In fact, I was kinda discouraged 'cause I asked for some advice on another thread and didn't even get a response for a few days. Guess people think I know what I'm doing,,,, ha. I have sooooo much to learn, and I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, if you know what I mean, I've just learnt to hide it well.

Anyhows, I will have very little time to post on here in the next couple of weeks as I have a tennant moving in on Monday, will be working 6 days/week, (no holidays for me, although I'm taking a couple of days off to clean up), plus my house will be lurking with a number of workmen,,, if they turn up, and I need to organize and pick up supplies,,, today it's @ 80 wall plates, (18 different types) for the electricals and about 65 square metres of tiles. Ever tried to fit, load and unload 65 square mtrs into a convertable(sp?)?,,, lol. Hmmmm, maybe 2 or 3 trips. Sooooo, I'd better get moving.

Buttttt, before I do, I'd like to ask you something. Would you feel comfortable being accountable to me throughout this contest? I'd be pretty tough. I could even call you from time to time if my phone card allows it and our zone time works in which I'm really hoping it does. Don't be concerned about the cost, as it's only about half a cent a minute in off-peak, so about 20c flagfall I think, then say half an hour would be 15c. Pretty cool huh? Whereabouts exactly are you located?

Keep in touch,,, cheers for now,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Default Ooohh Thanks!!!

I'll be back in Alaska mid to late next week... not much for phones here, I'm in a location that we are to refer to as: "an undisclosed location in southwest asia." I use skype to keep in touch with my favorite people while i'm away from home :-) Which may allow us to be accountable without a phone... as we clearly both have computers.

Where are you located?

You're so awesome, thank you so much for the offer. As far as learning goes.... I hope that never ends... I do feel I know a considerable amount about nutrition and exercise... its just a matter of applying it on a consistant basis. The TT method is so simple that I think it causes people hesitation when they're used to obsessing about complicated mathmatical nutritional intake standards, and the "full time gym rat" mentality. I know I love to lift weights and I always have, but for some reason I always seem to pull away from weights and end up a cardio queen over and over. Its so bizarre. So for the next 12 weeks, I will have NO long distance cardio goals. There will be no marathons or ironman distance (or even half IM) races on my schedule or even my dream schedule.

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 PM

Default Update

Hey there folks, trust you are all well and have had an exciting start of 2011, as I'm sure many of you have started contest #10.

My starting date is supposed to be this coming Tuesday when I have the day off work. Hmmmm, I now have the tilers coming around on Monday and Tuesday to tile most of the house, then an insurance plasterer, (he missed replacing a ledge) and my tradie returning on Wednesday, and the tradie probably on thursday and Friday, plus another plasterer, plumber, and insurance painters presumably on the following days and into the next week. Then I'll probably be fininshing off the filling and painting of the walls, as well as moving all the furniture back and moving into one of the rooms myself. Hmmmm,,, does all that count as off-day training,,, hehehehehehehe.

So somehow I'll take the the pics and measurements on Tuesday morning between finishing work at midnight and before they arrive at 7:30am. I look forward to the challenge,,,, hmmmm, am I being scarcastic or crazy,,,, you tell me???

Anyhows, that's my vent for the day and psyching (sp?) myself into it.

If I'm not posting much or at all in the next week or 2, I'm sure you understand. but I really do look forward to getting back on here and with the training.

Well,on with the music, and on with the work.

Stay safe and strong,

Robyn.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Hi Robyn, good luck with all the house work and projects going on! Whew...sounds like a lot of different people in and out. I started on Jan 1 too, so one week in and things are going pretty well so far. Now I kind of wish I had planned to finish on a Sunday though, so I would have time to get ready for the photos! Oh well, will have to take that day off.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
Hi Robyn, good luck with all the house work and projects going on! Whew...sounds like a lot of different people in and out. I started on Jan 1 too, so one week in and things are going pretty well so far. Now I kind of wish I had planned to finish on a Sunday though, so I would have time to get ready for the photos! Oh well, will have to take that day off.
Thanks Shannon. Glad things are going well with you and your training. It can take time to get ready for the photos, and then taking them. After all, you do want to look your very best if they are chosen and therefore out there on the internet for all to see,,, lol.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Default Just a quick vent,,,

Hmmmm, just moving things around so that the workmen can get in to do the tiling tomorrow. I noticed that my saxophone case is not where it was, plus someone has taken the mouthpiece off and somehow put it's cover on upside-down over the cork, and now I can't get it off without damaging the cork,,, agrhhhhhh. I'll get my tradie to have a look at it though since he's a pro-musician. Anyhows, I thought that the idiot who broke into my house and stole the flute had left its case behind,,, well, he did, but it looks like he did grab a case, just the wrong one, being the one that belongs with the saxophone which also had in it an extra special mouthpiece. Double agrhhhhhh.

Ok, vent over,,, lol.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:36 PM

Unhappy

Good Morning all,,,

Just thought I'd post this here as well as on Scorpiogirl's thread in the Green Tea Chat Zone.

I'll just make one adjustment however, and that is that the footbridge which travelled down the Brisbane River at an incredible speed was apparently @ 1000 feet (300 metres) !!!, and not the 300 feet as the reporter estimated.

Just watching the news now and there are other states that are flooding as well.

'Right now at 7am I am watching the news,,, about 300 feet (100 metres) of foot bridge which was part of a crossing of the Brisbane River has broken away and is being guided by a barge as it streams down the river. So far, they have guided it under through The Gateway Bridge missing all structures that hold it up, and it narrowly missed a beacon of sorts. Sooooo much dangerous debris runshing down the river, and Brisbane City and the suburbs are a mess. Just on the news that 75% of Queensland is a disaster zone. 106 Brisbane roads closed. 2100 streets flood affected.

There have been cars, and even a house floating down the streets. So far, 12 deaths, about 70 people unaccounted for, 20, 000 homes pretty much under water, and who knows how many flood damaged. 120 000 homes without power. It will take at least a year to clean up. More than 4000 in evacuation centres,,,

I haven't personally been effected. It was like a ghost town at work,,, many people were cut off, and there also isn't the volume of work because the supermarkets are closed (or the roads to them under water), and they wouldn't be able to receive the goods that we send out. No doubt, it will be super busy when they re-open.

Anyhows, your thoughts and prayers will be much appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Robyn.'

Old 01-13-2011, 04:32 PM

Yes, it's a terrible situation over there. Are you ok from a food/supplies perspective? My friends in Brissie (luckily not affected by the flooding) there were saying that as soon bread and milk got put on the shelves at the supermarket, it just all got bought up.

I saw the footage of the footbridge being guided down the river by the tugboat - all 300 tonnes of it. Unbelievable! Also saw footage of someone's house surrounded by water - you could see the walls, windows, roof all just fine. What was shocking was when it was pointed out that what we were looking at was the second floor of the house!

Keep safe and take care.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Wow, I've been watching via CNN...wow, is all I can say. Glad to hear you haven't been directly affected. Hope you and yours all stay safe! Definitely sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Jami

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27