TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Thanks for info on Kim Chee. Glad to hear your hamstring is feeling better
Old 01-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
Hi there! Glad to hear that there also somebody else following this diet
I'm not using PAGG - too expensive stuff (arround 100 for 1 month). I will spent this money rather on quality protein supplement, fish oil capsules and food. For now I will try without it. I think it should work.
But I'm using cinnamon in my coffee, lemon juice and squats before my lunch. I will try to eat fresh sauerkraut next week - I have to get it from my mom's. Maybe it will help me gases. How are you handling all those legumes?
Have to google what kimchi is. Haven't eaten or even seen it here
It's worked without PAGG for me so far so it should be fine. I've been taking the fish oil, protein supplements and a multivitamin every day since I started eating like this and I think it's definitely helped. I'm doing the squats before lunch as well Let's hope it produces results for the both of us.

The legumes seem to be ok with me. I've been washing them thoroughly from the can before eating them so maybe this helps. Do you have the same effects from lentils as well?

From what I see in the book, sauerkraut is as effective as kimchi so if you have access to sauerkraut, that will do. I had some this morning with breakfast - it's going to take some getting used to!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
It's worked without PAGG for me so far so it should be fine. I've been taking the fish oil, protein supplements and a multivitamin every day since I started eating like this and I think it's definitely helped. I'm doing the squats before lunch as well Let's hope it produces results for the both of us.

The legumes seem to be ok with me. I've been washing them thoroughly from the can before eating them so maybe this helps. Do you have the same effects from lentils as well?

From what I see in the book, sauerkraut is as effective as kimchi so if you have access to sauerkraut, that will do. I had some this morning with breakfast - it's going to take some getting used to!
I buy dry beans and cook them my self. I also change water used for soaking frequently and cook it in fresh water afterwards. I read somewhere that adding a little baking soda to watter when cooking beans should help reduce gases. I tried this this Sunday and it seems to help a little bit. But I also eat beans for lunch in our cafeteria and after that I always have problem. Maybe it's also fresh onions and fresh cucumbers (with peel) that are used both in bean and greek salad that I'm eating. Beano should arrive in few days and hopefully it will help.

Haven't tried lentils yet though I have 2 cans at home. I will experiment next week

My usual breakfast is protein shake + fish oil, but on Wednesday I added some leftover stirfried mushrooms and cooked black beans. Unusual but not that bad.

Are you using fish oil capsules or liquid?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 AM

Default Day 5 update

I did get hungry right just I was leaving from work and had some protein shake. Did bother my stomach during running, but my legs were so heavy. Consequences of TT workout the day before. It has brought back memories how sore I was in July when I started wit TT and BW Cardio 3 Luckily now I had only stiff calves and a little soreness in my front thighs. Back then I was sore all over and I was always complaining when we ran together

After run I had homemade sauerkraut-meat stew (something like this, but no potatoes, flour, oil, trimmed all the fat from meat and low fat sour cream). I love it

In the evening my boyfriend started with his usual evening ritual: chocolate and cookies. Tons of it. But he had done 3 workouts that day (usual morning run - about 15 km or so, followed by hour of cross-country skiing and easy run with me) and burned at least 2500 calories. Lucky him. Resisted cookies and chocolate and eat 10 almonds instead.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 AM

Default Day 6

Workout:
BW Cardio 3, workout C, 2 rounds
Replaced chin-ups with DB rows (10 reps) and Inverted BW rows with DB rear-deltoid raise (12 reps). Did all 12 regular pushups, but just 4 glose-grip ones and did the rest of them on my knees.

Food:
breakfast: coffee with little light cream and cinnamon, 1/3 of Muscle Milk shake, 5 g of fish oil capsules, multivitamin, Ca&Mg
morning: leftover 2/3 of Muscle Milk shake
lunch: salad (cabbage, beans, greek, ...) + fish
afternoon & evening: TBD - probably stuffed eggplants with meat and veggies or scrambled eggs and veggies

Have to make birthday cake for my niece. Luckily my mom already baked the crusts, so I will only have to make frosting. I'm doing cottage cheese (low fat and creamed) with cream, little sugar and fruit (banana, kiwi and canned peaches).
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Are you using fish oil capsules or liquid?
I'm using krill oil capsules like these: http://natural.getprograde.com/icon

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I'm using krill oil capsules like these: http://natural.getprograde.com/icon
they are expensive. I've checked the price in UK: http://biovea.net/%28S%28lwqua2a3bl1...6&CID=0&OS=204 Still to expensive.
I think I will stick with regular fish oil capsules that I'm using now: 5,92 for 100 capsules.

How much do you take? Berardi recommends 1 g of fish oil per 1% of BF for first two weeks and then 0,5 g per 1% of BF. This means I should be eating 22 g (11 g). Quite a lot of capsules to swallow down I tried once liquid fish oil from pharmacy, but it was disgusting and my (now ex) husband said I smelled like a fish Not very appealing.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
they are expensive. I've checked the price in UK: http://biovea.net/%28S%28lwqua2a3bl1...6&CID=0&OS=204 Still to expensive.
I think I will stick with regular fish oil capsules that I'm using now: 5,92 € for 100 capsules.

How much do you take? Berardi recommends 1 g of fish oil per 1% of BF for first two weeks and then 0,5 g per 1% of BF. This means I should be eating 22 g (11 g). Quite a lot of capsules to swallow down I tried once liquid fish oil from pharmacy, but it was disgusting and my (now ex) husband said I smelled like a fish Not very appealing.
That's a lot of fish oil capsules I take two krill oil capsules every morning. I don't know whether it's had an effect but coupled with the clean eating, my cholesterol levels came down by 25%. By the way, that szeged goulash recipe looks delicious!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
By the way, that szeged goulash recipe looks delicious!
Belive me it is. No need to add potatoes (I never have before) nor flour. Perfect winter dish!

Next week I will cook stew from pickeled turnip (it is also delicious with sauerkraut), beans and smoked meat: http://www.slovenia.info/?recepti=9622&lng=2 No potatoes in it. Yum, yum!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM

ahhh I just read that article/PDF. Didn't even consider trying that! thanks for bringing it up.
Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days, only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It is not a lifestyle choice... it's a battle. Lose fat, and then get back into moderation. There's another one for you: moderation. Revelation says it best: "You are lukewarm and I shall spit you out." Moderation is for sissies. - Dan John

My war is 12 Weeks Long!