TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
I'd give it a try for a laugh (or a dare). Dancing is a great stress-buster and luckily I'm at the age where I don't care how ridiculous I look whilst doing it!

But I think I'd be hard pressed to find a place that will allow men to participate. Most of the places around here that offer that type of thing are "ladies only"!
If you ever find yourself in Cleveland again, let me know: we'll tackle a class together! I've been contemplating trying one, myself. Everyone I've talked to who's taken one has really enjoyed it. So they must be on to something!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
If you ever find yourself in Cleveland again, let me know: we'll tackle a class together! I've been contemplating trying one, myself. Everyone I've talked to who's taken one has really enjoyed it. So they must be on to something!
It's a deal! I get over to the US at least once a year, usually for a conference and then I take some time off to visit my brother in Penn. and my sister-in-law in Chicago. It's a small world!

Find me on Facebook
Old 10-07-2010, 02:55 AM

I made up the intervals session I skipped on Tuesday's workout. I did the "prescribed" intervals of 30s/60s rest but did 14 sets instead of 6 so that it was a 20 minute workout.

I did the intervals sprinting again but my legs felt tight. I did do a warm up but maybe I need limber up some more before attempting sprints next time. It feels like a completely different action from jogging with a whole different set of muscles and mechanics. For one thing, jogging never made by glutes feel sore afterwards!

I'm noticing small changes in the way my clothes fit so far this week but my numbers aren't changing. The only reason this concerns me is that my sleep problems are continuing and I seem to be suffering from sleep apnea again. The waking up at night is really wearing me down. This has happened before and as soon as my weight dropped below 105Kg, I started sleeping soundly again - it seems to be the magic number and I'm keen to get below it again to help my sleep primarily. I haven't gained drastic amounts of weight in the last few months so I'm not sure why this has started again...I'm slightly bewildered...and very tired!

Find me on Facebook
Old 10-07-2010, 03:21 AM

Has anyone tried "Magnificent Mobility" from Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson? It's an overall mobility and flexibility program that comes as a DVD and or e-book.

Find me on Facebook
Old 10-07-2010, 01:58 PM

I got my second workout of the week in and it wasn't too bad today.I got through the three circuits of workout B swiftly and then hit the intervals immediately. The intervals felt tough but I got the prescribed 6 sets in (I did them running today, maybe I should've used the bike instead).

I increased the weight of the DB rows by 1Kg but was not able to improve on the close-grip pushups from last week.

TT Big 6 Beginner Workout B:

Warm-up circuit (2 sets):

- Cross-crawl (8 reps)
- Duck-unders (6 reps)
- Waiter's bow (10 reps)
- Plank (30 sec)
- Side-plank (20 sec each side)
- Leg swings (15 reps each side)
- Arm cross-over (10 reps each side)

1. Seal jumps...(20,20,20)
2. Total body extension...(10,10,10)
3. Close-grip pushups...(10,10,10) - 7 full, 3 kneeling each circuit
4. DB rows - 16 Kg...(8,8,8)
5. 1-leg lying hip extension...(12,12,12)
6. Stability ball mini-rollout...(8,8,8)

(3 circuits)

Intervals:

- 5 minute warm up
- 60 second active/60 second rest...6 sets (running)
- 10 minute cool down

Find me on Facebook
Old 10-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Trouble sleeping? Get some whiskey down you!

I have phases of waking up during the night aswell. It's very frustrating! I'm afraid I have no idea what causes it and why it stops all of a sudden. Maybe my flat is haunted and ghosts wake me up.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:30 AM

I have to admit that i'm more than a little partial to a drop of single malt. The only problem is that it never ends up as a drop!!

I've had years of troubled sleep - all the advice I've found talks about building sleeping routines, getting to bed at the same time etc - sod all use when working shifts!!

Sorry to say that sleep is not something I've cracked so I'm little help!

Last edited by billy_quiz : 10-08-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
It was nothing that dramatic, I'm afraid - a leaking water filter that hadn't been fitted properly by a workman earlier (and they paid him to do it!). It was resolved quickly (I did it for free)

It sounds like the common drain pipe that the bathroom sink and dishwasher are connected to is probably not wide enough to handle the volume of water when the dishwasher is running - it might need to be replaced with a wider one.

I called my dad and he recommended lye (with lots of water!) I decided to try something a little less caustic, and got out my Princess Plunger of Power! After a quick TT for Plumbing workout, I blasted through! I felt a little bit like She-Ra, lol. Hurray!

PS. Your workouts are looking really great!!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
I have to admit that i'm more than a little partial to a drop of single malt. The only problem is that it never ends up as a drop!!

I've had years of troubled sleep - all the advice I've found talks about building sleeping routines, getting to bed at the same time etc - sod all use when working shifts!!

Sorry to say that sleep is not something I've cracked so I'm little help!
Oh, yeah, as a shift worker you're basically screwed. If only those baddies would just commit crime during 9-5
At least you'll really appreciate a good night's sleep come retirement!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the detailed reply. I appreciate your feedback and the details on what you did on non-workout days were particularly useful.

I'm going to review the workout in detail today and then my final decision about proceeding with TT Depletion as my next workout - I'll be wrapping up Big 6 on Saturday. I didn't miss a single workout so far and I don't plan to drop the ball on the last one.

Thanks again!
Hi Waleed, that is awesome about not missing any workouts all month! Congratulations! I feel like that's a great indication that you're clicking with the style of a workout program when you want to follow the program day after day, week after week. In the past I have had a few programs that I've started but they just were not quite my style and I ended up switching after 2-3 weeks. But then there are the programs that I wish I could do for longer...I just end up coming back to them after several months though.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480