TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 12:18 AM

Thanks, Julie, Jen, Chris and Clare! I'm really trying this week, and counting calories does make me eat less - I'm competitive with myself when I look at total calories each day.

Keep in mind that last Saturday was probably 2500 calories, I didn't even try to count calories because I ate out twice and just didn't want to think about how I should eat. Will have to figure out a rough weekly average in a minute.

Clare, protein is never a problem for me, but of course I eat meat and dairy.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 AM

Day 26 - Friday, October 1, 2010
6:30 - 1 egg, 4 oz egg white, spinach, 1 oz lowfat cheese
11:00 - 6 oz vanilla nonfat greek yogurt, carrots, celery, daikon radish
1:00 - chicken sausage, white bean & veggie soup; 1/4 hamburger bun (stole from husband)
*30 min. walk at lunch
5:15 - 1 scoop whey protein, frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2 T cocoa powder, 4 oz low carb milk
*TT Transformation Workout C - 334 calories, HR average 132
8:30 - large apple, 3 T oats, 3 T oat bran, 3 T low carb milk; 7 oz 2% greek yogurt w/honey, 4 small figs (92g)
Multivitamin, 5000 IU Vitamin D, 2 tsp fish oil

TT Transformation Workout C
Bodyweight warmup
1A) DB Step-up - 3x10/sidex15lbs
1B) SB Rollout (sub for SB Ball Pike) - 3x10
2A) DB Split Squat - 3x10/sidex10lbs
2B) Close Grip Push-up (kneeling) - 3x14
3A) DB Row - 3x10/sidex15lbs
3B) 1-leg Stability Ball Leg Curl - 3x12/side

Timed Intervals:
1) Squat Thrust - 20 sec/10 sec x7
2) BW Squat - 20 sec/10 sec x8
3) Calf Jumps - 20 sec/10 sec x4

Whew, done with this workout program. The burpees are the worst in the A workout, I can't do them with a double pushup. The squat thrusts are the worst in the C workout, didn't manage to get to the full 8. Have to figure out what workout to do next.

Carbs were higher today, but it was all fruit, beans and post-workout oats. Again, I was really hungry this evening, but felt strong for my workout.

I plan my weeks from Sunday through Saturday, but since I weigh myself on Saturday, I should think of the previous Saturday as being the start of that week for average calories. That also may help me think of starting the week off right on Saturday, rather than treating myself because I've been good all week.

Saturday: estimated 2500 calories, could have been more
Sunday: 1811 calories, 79g fat, 216g carbs, 98g protein
Monday: 1354 calories, 53g fat, 111g carbs, 107g protein
Tuesday: 1485 calories, 54g fat, 148g carbs, 120g protein
Wednesday: 1449 calories, 49g fat, 142g carbs, 110g protein
Thursday: 1581 calories, 61g fat, 158g carbs, 121g protein
Friday: 1569 calories, 42g fat, 200g carbs, 119g protein
Average calories: 1678
Average without Saturday: 1541

Which tells you that one day can make a fairly big difference. I do intend to eat more on Saturdays, because I think my body (and brain) needs the calorie boost occasionally - but more like 2000 calories than 2500.
At a realistic 1678 calories, I should lose weight... so we shall see tomorrow.

Tomorrow, going to a street fair, planning to have a sweet treat of some type (maybe an apple dumpling, maybe a cookie from the bakery), then do a little cleaning, pack for 3 days away from home, put dinner in the crock pot and wait for my mom and aunt to arrive. They were in Butte, MT tonight, and google says it's a 9.5 hour drive from there to Seattle.

Current TT Log

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 10-02-2010, 01:59 AM

Good Luck getting the nutrition on track Star.

As Jen said, it can be a science project, but I think just keep it simple and don't overthink it.....you have enough other forms of stress in your life....
Take care...
Cheers
Ma
Old 10-02-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar74 View Post

Which tells you that one day can make a fairly big difference. I do intend to eat more on Saturdays, because I think my body (and brain) needs the calorie boost occasionally - but more like 2000 calories than 2500.
At a realistic 1678 calories, I should lose weight... so we shall see tomorrow.

Tomorrow, going to a street fair, planning to have a sweet treat of some type (maybe an apple dumpling, maybe a cookie from the bakery), then do a little cleaning, pack for 3 days away from home, put dinner in the crock pot and wait for my mom and aunt to arrive. They were in Butte, MT tonight, and google says it's a 9.5 hour drive from there to Seattle.
Yip, I also need the indulgence on a sat. I'm battling to stay under 2000 calores becaue I tend to think, WOO! It's the weekend! And then eat whatever I want

Enjoy your sweet treat (I'd go for the cookie, personally )
Old 10-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Just popping by to say hi. Hope you're having a great Saturday and that you find something small and sweet to treat yourself with today. (My husband bought baby back ribs on sale at Whole Foods today, so I'm thinking I'm going to end up with a meaty splurge one of these nights!) Of course, I ate more than enough sweets to carry me through for the next 3 weeks between Wednesday and Thursday nights. Yikes!

-Jen
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Loving the calorie averaging, with and without the big day. It's this kind of thinking that keeps you from going too far off track. And I'm with you on periodic refeeds. Life is no fun without them.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Yip, I also need the indulgence on a sat. I'm battling to stay under 2000 calores becaue I tend to think, WOO! It's the weekend! And then eat whatever I want

Enjoy your sweet treat (I'd go for the cookie, personally )
Yep, I do that too, especially if the scale didn't go down after feeling like I tried hard all week. I think treats have their place, but got to keep overall calories under control.
I had the apple dumpling.. which was good because by the time I got to the bakery, they didn't have any of the type of cookie that I would have wanted.

Current TT Log

Old 10-02-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Just popping by to say hi. Hope you're having a great Saturday and that you find something small and sweet to treat yourself with today. (My husband bought baby back ribs on sale at Whole Foods today, so I'm thinking I'm going to end up with a meaty splurge one of these nights!) Of course, I ate more than enough sweets to carry me through for the next 3 weeks between Wednesday and Thursday nights. Yikes!

-Jen
Hey Jen - baby back ribs sound great. When I eat a lot of sweets, they are the only treat that I want, I'm always thinking about when I can have the next goodie. When I manage to cut back on sweets for a while, then fresh baked bread and fattier meats sound really good for treats.

Current TT Log

Old 10-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Loving the calorie averaging, with and without the big day. It's this kind of thinking that keeps you from going too far off track. And I'm with you on periodic refeeds. Life is no fun without them.
Yep, tracking calories closely is definitely helping me eat less, especially in the evenings. Sadly, even bananas, apples and figs can add up to more calories than I'd like to think - and eating out definitely does.
I like to think of Saturday as "eat whatever I really feel like day", but still need to track as best I can, and be reasonable.

Current TT Log

Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM

Day 27 - Saturday, October 2, 2010 - 170.2
9:00 - 1 egg, 4 oz egg white, spinach, 1 oz lowfat cheese
*1.5 hrs. walking (to & from parking and around street fair)
12:00 - sambusa (fried tortilla filled with veggies, tasted fairly close to samosa); small apple dumpling w/ice cream
*1 hr. cleaning
*30 min. walk
6:30 - buffalo & veggie soup, 1 slice Dakota bread w/butter

Had a treat for lunch today at the fair, and didn't eat a whole lot else. The timing was just odd, I was ready for a snack right when my mom and aunt arrived, but we didn't end up eating until dinner. So calories are much lower than usual for a Saturday!

I'll restart this tomorrow, but here's the last 7 days:
Sunday: 1811 calories, 79g fat, 216g carbs, 98g protein
Monday: 1354 calories, 53g fat, 111g carbs, 107g protein
Tuesday: 1485 calories, 54g fat, 148g carbs, 120g protein
Wednesday: 1449 calories, 49g fat, 142g carbs, 110g protein
Thursday: 1581 calories, 61g fat, 158g carbs, 121g protein
Friday: 1569 calories, 42g fat, 200g carbs, 119g protein
Saturday: 1480 calories, 67g fat, 138g carbs, 85g protein

Current TT Log