TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Health really is the most important thing. When we can't workout due to illness it makes us even happier when we can. On the dancer's figures, with time, TT, and by continuing to dance, you can have that kind of figure too. Never doubt it!
Thanks Catherine, I hope you're right! They really do have lovely physiques. I suppose dancing hits all the muscles in different ways, so it's no surprise really.

Yes, it is so frustrating having to miss workouts. I can't wait to get back into it. Had to miss my TT workout today, but I'm quietly optimistic of making it tomorrow. We'll see... hope you're having a nice sniffle-free, healthy weekend
Old 10-02-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Loved catching up on your posts! I've been so out-of-touch on the forums these past few weeks but happy to be back, at least for the moment. You sure do keep me laughing - are you a comedienne on the side?
Ta Because my neverending battle with weight has been so spectacularly unsuccessful, if I don't make myself laugh I'll cry! Maybe if I was a bit more serious I would get somewhere? Nah... probably not!

Hope your transformation is going well, even if you don't have much time to drop by
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Clare

Poor you, hope that cold does not last long or turn into anything worse. I know what it's like when you feel yukky and really want to work out, but know that it's not going to make you feel any better and probably worse. It's possibly too late now, but in the past if I have started feeling like the beginnings of a cold, I have used Vicks First Defence, you spray it up your nostril (pretty gross I know!), but I have found it works and seems to stop the sniffs developing into anything worse.

Right now you probably need some R&R, just chill out, relax over the weekend and I really hope you feel better on Monday.

Pretty impressed with your 6lb weight loss, that's some going, well done. I only noticed that on someone elses' post, you should be very proud of yourself. Right now, you might just have to rest up until you feel better, you gotta be bad if you didn't even want to go to dance.

take care, take it easy , am sending healthy vibes your way

Cheers for now Katie

ps I also love dancers figures, not too skinny, but athletic trim bodies, but hardly surprising considering how much hard work they do eh!
I haven't tried that Viks thing but I do pop pills like mad when I feel it coming on. 9 times out of 10 it works, but this time I wasn't so lucky.

The worst bit is, aside from not being able to workout, I just want to eat stodgy carbs. But, I will NOT go over my calories this weekend. You hear me cold? You can just take your carb cravings and sod off.

Pfft, that's that cold told.

Yeah 6lbs isn't bad, but when I started the transformation I'd eaten junk for a week so that was a bit inflated. It's more like 3/4 lbs since I started the contest, and 6/7 lbs since starting TT. Still ok, but still a long way to go! Actually, I don't care what I weigh as long as my stomach flattens!

I think the key is to obviously become a professional dancer. A fair few of them said in an article that they eat what they want because they burn it off. So unfair! So that's the solution to all our woes; join Strictly! One tiny problem is I can't dance for toffee... something I'll need to work on
Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Claire, sorry about the cold... You know what they say, Chicken soup......

Anyway bundle up, keep warm and you will be right as rain in no time..
take care

Cheers
Ma

How about a hot toddy, honey, lemon, ginger, hot water and a little whiskey or brandy.
Should do the trick.....
A hot toddy? Ma, I like your thinking I'll just replace the honey with... more whiskey?!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Chris my friend, I think it's safe to say you are a complete running geek!
Thank you very much :-)

I think it's safe to say that I'm not just a running geek!

Being good at quizzes is regarded as being pretty geeky - and I'm a bit like that at work too. A couple of weeks ago, at guy at work I've never met before came up to me and said, " Hey, you're that custody guru bloke aren't you?" which might suggest a certain degree of geekiness too!!

I think it stems from my childhood - I used to hate to be told to do something and when I asked 'why?' get told 'because I say so!' Consequently, I always want to know the answer so if I'm the one saying 'Do it' then there is a good reason behind it and I can explain it. Or if I'm the one being told and I disagree, I can say 'No, because....'

I have to say, having just re-read that post, it is pretty geeky too!! Sorry!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:58 PM

Hope you're feeling better, love, and are having a good weekend despite the sniffles and snuffles plaguing your nose!

-Jen
Old 10-02-2010, 02:52 PM

Hope you're all better now. And maybe you do need some carbs? I do believe in looking for the message in cravings. Maybe it's taking a lot of energy to fight it off.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Hope you're all better now. And maybe you do need some carbs? I do believe in looking for the message in cravings. Maybe it's taking a lot of energy to fight it off.
Then you'll be pleased to know I've eaten nothing but carbs all day!!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Then you'll be pleased to know I've eaten nothing but carbs all day!!
Uh oh...
When I'm sick, carbs are all I want to eat too. Or maybe the combo of carbs and fat - crackers and cheese, bread and butter, etc.
Hope you get over it quick! Drink lots of hot tea, hot chicken broth, etc., that may help with the carb cravings. And then there's always the old trick of just going to bed; your body needs the extra sleep anyway when you're sick!

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar74 View Post
U
And then there's always the old trick of just going to bed; your body needs the extra sleep anyway when you're sick!
I woke up today at 11am I NEVER wake up that late. half 7 is a long lie for me.

I do feel better today. Still not ruling out the gym but my boyfriend isn't too happy at the thought. I just feel so fat after eating rubbish and not moving a muscle yesterday. AND, I looked at my original photos then down at my gut and there is no bloody change. The scales are lying I tell you!

Humph. Very frustrating all round. I think I need to make a little something to stick to my fridge, to remind me to up my efforts. Like a little art project! I can't believe we're about to start week 5. Where does the time go? (and why isn't my fat going with it?!)