TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 PM

Default 'Nother Go Round

Here's to another attempt at a contest. I am deeply disappointed with myself for the past few months. Somehow I thought it would be easy to get to the gym when I worked on base. However, per usual, my kids were put before my own needs. When will I learn that fitness and good eating is part of my occupation? I am in the military, I need to be fit, I need to be able to perform the duties placed before me. I am striving for PT test excellence.
I am trying again, and that's all we can ask. If we keep trying, then we will continue to learn and progress. No one is worse off for trying.
There's nothing new in my arsenal this time. I will go back to the basics, I will get to the gym, I will stop apologizing for leaving the kids for an hour in order to get my workouts done. I need to do them. I have a PT test in May. This contest will be an effort to get me to where I need to be.

My start date is January 1st.
I have travel planned.
I have new jobs (oncology nursing, and med/surg nursing), I am no longer at the school. It is a big step in progressing my nursing skills. I start around the 9th of January.
I have 2 weeks of trauma nursing training towards the end of January in a different state.
I have some challenges, but I have found in the past, when I competed during deployments and travels to foreign countries, I do well with challenges.
It is odd, I have the hardest time when my schedule balances out.
I need to make reasons I should; I need to stop making excuses as to why I can't.

So here we are for lucky #13!

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:59 PM

Glad to see you back, NP Fall 7 times, get up 8, no?

GL in your endeavors in nursing; I know it's a lot to take on, but I know you'll be brilliant

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Glad to see you back, NP Fall 7 times, get up 8, no?

GL in your endeavors in nursing; I know it's a lot to take on, but I know you'll be brilliant
Remember, TT is geared around short effective workouts with no or minimal equipment. So, even taking care of the kids, there should be time for some (at least) BW excercises that you can do. Just a matter of fitting them in. An when you do, you may find the ol appetite diminished a little bit as well.

Good luck........minimize the excuses! Rob