TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 PM

Default Kyler Cavers TT Transformation

First I'd like to say Congratulations to all of the people out there that participated and worked so hard in this 8th TT Transformation! It's been a terrific three months..

Now before I get into the details I'd like to share a bit about myself... My name is Kyler Cavers and a little less than 2 years ago I began Turbulence Training. Since I was about 7 or 8 I had always been over weight and out of shape, I grew up eating mostly processed, refined, sugary, fatty, and salty filled foods that were jam packed with flavour and 0 nutrition. As time went on and I got older the pounds stacked up, higher and higher until I seemed to peak at around 260lbs. I was never overly involved in sports or physical activity outside of school, but I was not completely inactive either. Being on the go with a busy job probably saved me from balooning over 300lbs. One day in December of 2007 I remember making a decision to change my life, I decided I no longer wanted to wear a size 40 inch pants and XL T-shirts, or be tired and out of breath from any kind of physical exertion, I was depressed, moody, angry, sad, and only looked forward to my next Food High, I knew that there had to be something better and I had to CHANGE. My first step was to change my eating patterns, I cut down on all the junk food I loved so much and made a conscious effort to eat healthier. After that I decided to go out and purchase some weights and an exercise bike, and with a little research I was lifting hard and riding that bike on a regular basis. After a while however I really started to question if I knew what I was doing, I began trying to organize what I actually wanted to accomplish and set some goals for myself, from day 1 all I had ever wanted was to be happy, healthy, and confident about the way I looked and actually be able to see muscle definition on my very own body. After searching around on the internet for awhile I eventually ran into Craig Ballantyne and his Turbulence Training. At first I was very hesitant to hand over my hard earned money over for some ebook that was supposed to change my life. However, after reading review after review and after hours of searching across the web I was always somehow being linked to a TT page, so I took it as a sign, I decided I had nothing to lose and an ever growing appetite for a tried, trusted and true "structured" program that was put together by someone who knew what they were doing. From that day on I have been transforming my mind and body into the TT lifestyle and have never looked back!

Over these past two years I have flooded my mind with much information and knowledge regarding fitness and nutrition and I've never felt better. After having my appendix removed this past April, I decided I wanted to come back strong and challenge myself to the TT transformation 8. As I mentioned earlier I had been doing TT for a long time already so I was very familiar with the workouts and principles, I thought to myself, this will keep me busy for the summer and will help me to learn more and discipline myself even further.

Training: Over May, June, and July I used the TT Transformation 1, 2, and Hardcore fat loss workouts consecutively. These were probably the most challenging workouts I had gone through to date and also the most effective. I hit the gym right after work on training days and never skipped or missed one, I stuck as closely as possible and followed the rules to the best of my ability. (Note: I made a very good effort to warm-up EXACTLY how Craig explains, In previous workouts I had skipped and rushed through warm-ups and never stretched post-workout which resulted in me developing shoulder tendinitis and a slower recovery from workout to workout. For those of you looking to start TT, don't skip anything!) I would like to add that with it being summer I often wanted to train outside to enjoy the weather so I purchased a weighted vest to train with when I took Taffy my dog for lots of walks and runs!

Nutrition: Eating is by far the most crucial point to any fat loss program and it took me so long to learn this in the past, especially portion control. For the Transformation I followed Craigs Simple Nutrition and Eat Stop Eat from Brad Pilon. These two books are easy to follow and easy to understand, I personally find it very easy to get confused and caught up in trying to follow a good eating pattern when you have so many different opinions and theories regarding what to do. I didn't count calories as I'm very familiar with doing this in the past and when your eating whole, natural, nutritious foods you really don't have to do anything beyond that. Lots of fresh produce, lean meats and raw nuts kept me satisfied and I made sure to keep a close eye on my grain and dairy intake as it's easy to take in two many calories too quickly from these food groups as well as fill up too fast. On my fasting days (usually Monday and Thursday) I would drink water or crystal light through out the day as well the odd sugar/calorie free energy drink to get me going early in the morning for work, at night I would treat myself to some diet soda as well. As far as cheat meals go I would usually save these for Sunday my off day when I would socialize with friends and kickback before I started the new week.

My experience has been amazing during this transformation, I've further developed my physique and gained some great discipline to make the future of training all that much easier. Every single day I get a little bit closer to my goal and I definitely owe it to Turbulence Training and Craigs Transformations for helping me to keep my motivation and to show me what I really can accomplish when I set my goals and put in the time and hard work to get there!

I am quite happy with my results but I know I'm not finished what I have set out to accomplish, In time with continued dedication to training effectively and eating right I will have the body I want!

At the beginning I weighed in at 193lbs.
At the end 182lbs.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 PM

Its not letting me upload pics....??
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 AM

Before and Afters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kylerbeforepic.jpg (24.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg kylerbeforepic2.jpg (18.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0443.JPG (40.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0458.JPG (43.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0463.JPG (35.7 KB, 22 views)