TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 17th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Administrator

I really appreciate that article Craig. I love reading things like this as I must admit investments and such is all relatively new to me. Do you have any recommendations on good books about investing?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Administrator

The Intelligent Investor - Ben graham
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Almost time to hit the road again. Leaving for San Diego on Tuesday morning. I'll be there until Sunday. Then it's off to Denver.

TT Business Expenses
$1096 - flight to Denver for the weekend when we will be filming out HWR "LiveCast" (Sun, May 19th)
+
The Currency Wars - I lost $100 transferring money from my American business account to my Canadian business account. It's the double edged sword of getting paid in US dollars (from 90% of my work) and having all expenses in Canadian dollars.

Back in 2000, I was getting $1500 canadian for a $1000 American Men's Health article. Those were the days when I was winning the currency wars. These days, not so much.

It's also one reason I hold a lot of cash...because the best "trade" I can make is to hope the Canadian dollar drops to 80 cents vs. the US dollar. Then I'd cash in a 20% gain. But it's been a long time since that train left the station...

Discretionary Spending
$200 - Mother's day gift and card (got her some stools for her new kitchen...won't be able to get back there for a few weeks though, so I'm mailing everything in - and sister is buying the stools). Dog will have to be extra nice for her for now.
$18 groceries - fresh produce
$30 - birthday gifts for friend's kids

Money Saved today
None yet.

I'm feeling really great about cutting back on the spending. From less money on Amazon, to saving on my phone bill, and being prepared to avoid wasteful hotel restaurant charges, I've probably saved well over $500 this month already.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Getting a few things sorted before I head to San Diego. Quick workout and then off to the airport.

Ha, almost lost my blackberry on the plane. it fell off my chair during takeoff...fortunately, it only made it one row back. good times. that would have been costly and a big hassle.

TT Business Expenses
$1554 - Web design
$15 - Amazon web video hosting
$20 - More video hosting
$21 - Phone service
$89 - strengthfinders test for key employee
$3000 - sent more money to my FBBC partner for bootcamp rent deposit and construction
$70 - taxi to airport
$20 - taxi to hotel

Discretionary Spending
$12 - protein bars (4 "Elevate Me" bars for emergency use on my travels)
$18 - airport almonds and water
$28 - water and groceries, even splurged on some watermelon ($2.27)

The rest of my meals - and even my hotel room - for the week will be covered by my business partner, Bedros Keuilian, as part of the expenses for our Mastermind group. So technically, I am paying for everything, but the bill never makes it to me.

Money Saved today
None yet.

I really wanted to buy a new pair of sunglasses. But I held off. I will stick to my $10 ones that I bought at a corner store.

Maybe I will manifest a free pair of nice sunglasses using the Law Of Attraction from The Secret. Time to close my eyes and wish a pair sunglasses into my life.......
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Default 3 funny stories

well, it's 2:23am PST and I can't sleep (I'm still on EST, where I've slept in to past 5am) so I have three funny stories for you.

1) The manifestation of the sunglasses almost worked!

Bedros' wife bought me a new shirt. Very snazzy. Now half of my wardrobe consists of shirts bought by Bedros' wife.

2) I had Frankie, Bedros' assistant, call the Hard Rock Hotel and ask them to add a mini-fridge to my room so I could store some groceries.

Five minutes after I arrived - to a room with no additional fridge, just the regular mini-bar - one of the employees knocked on my door. I thought he was doing a regular mini-bar check, but instead, he cleared out everything from the fridge, and took all of the wine and snacks that weren't in the fridge.

It was really awkward as he did his work in silence, as I stood there trying to turn the TV on to make things less weird and more normal.

He must of thought I was some binge eating alcoholic that couldn't trust himself to be surrounded by M&M's and tiny bottles of liquor.

Anyways, the end result was an empty fridge...that I was able to stock with groceries...and truth be told, I was eyeing up the Peanut M&M's. But that temptation is now gone.

3) And because I like lists to end in 3's...

...I just remembered that Lisa Marion, joel's wife, bought me a $100 amazon gift card...that means I can buy books!

So when I get back to Toronto, the first book I'm going to buy is comedian Jim Gaffigan's "Dad is Fat" book.

Gaffigan is a great comic. He doesn't curse. He has a bit of a Homer-Simpson like schtick, which is a little annoying after a while, but still should be good for some laughs.

There are a ton of Gaffigan clips on youtube. He and Brian Regan are two of the best no-swear guys. They are better than Seinfeld's act, IMO.

Although Louis CK and his foul mouth are sometimes funnier.

Do you have any comic recommendations? I'm always looking for good ones.

Especially at 2 in the morning.

craig
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 AM

I would suggest carl barron but I'm not sure non aussies would like him. I have found canadians to be the closest to "our" humour though
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Full day of meetings...so no time to spend money. Had my meals taken care of.

Tempted to buy an ebook today...held off...although it's on investing, so it will be worth it. I'll probably buy it if I see there is a deadline for the on sale price.

TT Business Expenses
nothing...this doesn't happen everyday!

Discretionary Spending
nothing...bedros bought me breakfast at our go-to restaurant, "The Broken Yolk", and lunch was taken care of by our business.

dinner will be snacks in my room that i bought at the grocery store...had a big lunch and have lots of articles to write tonight for ETR and TT

Money Saved today
nothing
Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Big Mastermind day with Mikey Whitfield, Shawna Kaminski, Rick Kaselj, and many others. Started the day with an awesome deadlift workout at FIT.

TT Business Expenses
$20 godaddy domain names

Discretionary Spending
$20 well spent at FIT gym...ask Mikey or Catherine, they know how great this place is
$5 at Pinkberry on frozen yogurt...never had this before...good times.

Money Saved today
nothing
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Looking forward to another great day in SD. I'm staying as close as possible to EST...meaning I'm in bed super early and up earlier!

TT Business Expenses
$40 -fit gym passes for Adam Bornstein, our guest speaker, while he is in town
$120 - Contract worker
$1700 - contract worker

Discretionary Spending
$99 - monthly Athletic Greens shipment
$20 - FitGym

Money Saved today
nothing

Still working on getting my own investment account set-up. For tax purposes, it will be through one of my holding corporations, rather than in my personal name...because to take the money out of my company would leave me a huge tax bill.

That's one of the biggest differences between Canada and the USA. Canadian corporate tax rates are quite low, so it's advantageous to leave the money in the corp...while in America, you're better off paying it out.

All makes for a lot of complicated, mumbo-jumbo discussions with lawyers and accountants.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Last day of work in San Diego. We had an amazing 40-person group dinner last night, and we celebrated a lot of big success stories for our publishing partners, including Shawna Kaminski, CTT, who had a big week.

Plus we just "signed" a new TT Trainer to our Publishing Group and gave Mikey "More pancakes" Whitfield some new and important responsibilities. It's been extremely rewarding to watch him grow and improve his skills over the last 2 years (since we first met in August, 2011 at the first TT Summit).

Mikey's success has had a LOT to do with his willingness to invest in going "deep into the circles" where he wanted to belong...from becoming a TT Trainer to joining our Mastermind to publishing his finishers. He deserves it. Great "kid".

I could go on and on and on about the group of trainers we work with and the TT Trainers, in particular.

It would be really cool to see you at the TT summit to celebrate their success, too, and to be around a lot of high-energy, amazing, and positive people.

Adam Bornstein, who spoke to our group yesterday, will be speaking again at the TT Summit, along with John Romaniello. They'll take any questions you have about training, the book process, and most important, about how trainers can become "Fitness Famous" and help more people in their community. Really excited about that session (it will be at the end of the day on Friday, June 21st).

On a side note, we at ETR are trying to hire Adam to be our new Editor-in-Chief. We'll be having a meeting on Monday in Denver to try and work things out. Adam has been responsible for overseeing our new website design at www.EarlytoRise.com. It's based on the work he did when he was at LiveStrong.com. If you compare the two, you'll see the similarities.

Great times! I'm pumped for another day of hanging around Bedros and all these excited trainers.

And to not spend money.

TT Business Expenses
ISSA for CEUs for TT Summit - $100

Discretionary Spending
$20 - FitGym

Money Saved today
nothing

Yesterday TT was officially purchased by Early To Rise...

...and there will be changes, but ALL for the better...my goal is to roll out a massively NEW and IMPROVED TT Members site before the end of 2013.

But our first big project is the HWR LiveCast next Sunday, May 19th.

We are flying in the one and only, often imitated but NEVER duplicated, the lovely and talented Catherine Gordon (!) to co-host the LiveCast with me. It starts at 5pm EST and you can watch for free over the Internet.

We're going to do three 4-minute workouts (one each hour of the LiveCast), and interview Catherine and a couple of other success stories. Plus, I'll be teaching a little more of the science about the program.

I think we'll also have some giveaways, like a couple of free tickets to the TT Summit.

Pretty cool, right?

And finally, this sale will also make my life easier...

...because it will dramatically reduce how much bookkeeping I have to do, and it will cause my reported business expenses to decrease. Obviously I'll still be paying for everything, but ETR will be taking care of credit card payments, payments to contract workers, etc, etc. I'm so relieved to get that out of my life.

More details on the way.