TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Good..Sleep is one of the best things you can do for yourself..
Plenty of rest, good nutrition and workouts.
Equal great results!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:23 PM

So, yesterday was the sample beginner workout A with intervals and today I ran/jogged 35 minutes.
Anyways, i use sparkpeople.com to track my nutrition and copying and pasting it makes it come out in a messy format that doesn't work into this message section... but so far it's been good yesterday and today. fruits, veggies, lean meats/fish/eggs,brown rice, and some protein powder and nuts.
Today's calories was 1285 but I'm still hungry.
tomorrow is beginner workout B and intervals.
Gotta keep going.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:33 PM

I forgot to write the start weight: 145 lbs.
I will try to find an easy way so I can just cut and paste my workouts and nutrition into here like everyone else.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:19 AM

Ok, so it was day 2 yesterday, and I didn't plan my meals well enough so that 1285 calories of veggies, fruit and chix, fish and eggs turned out to include an additional 7 oz of raw almonds and walnuts late at night so it was like 2300 cals. so I think I'll consider that my calorie cycling...kind of....
anyways, today around 1350 and keeping it that way!
Today, I moved on to the intermediate workout cuz I know I can do more pushups that I did on the beginner workout. So, I did the sample workout A intermediate with the intervals; I forgot to do 1 min fast 2 minslow and went 1 min fast then 1 min slow, so my 3rd interval was only .5 min., and then did 2 min slow and finally 4th interval at 1 min fast. anyways, I'll do better on Friday intervals.
Tomorrow is running 30 min and then playing volleyball with friends.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:46 PM

Don't beat yourself up on missing the calorie count for a day! The most important thing is to GENERALLY stick to healthy eating habits and if you go off track...well just get back on and only look forward!
Jori
Old 09-17-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by run26neys View Post
Don't beat yourself up on missing the calorie count for a day! The most important thing is to GENERALLY stick to healthy eating habits and if you go off track...well just get back on and only look forward!
Jori
Hi Violet............well, at least it was healthy!!! Almonds are great for you and help control your appetite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 AM

Well, I've had a repetitive history of that, and at least this time it wasn't as many nuts as it has been in the past. Thanks for your posts! I am doing better yesterday and today. yummy sweet potatoes with my veggies, meat, chix, eggs. and only one oz nuts. :-)
Today I did my 35 min running again. my hamstrings were tight from yesterday; should have stretched them after yesterday's workout.
So I had been using the bodyweight sample workouts. Then I was looking at the TT fat loss manual today, and I found that I need dumbbells and/or bars (for inverted rows or chin-ups). Actually, I need a bar to do chin-ups tomorrow, but I don't know of one near me. In fact, the apt gym doesn't have any dumbbells or bars, just one of those multi-functional one unit pieces with four stations coming off for leg press/armrows, etc. So...I'm going to have to figure out what to do about tomorrow's workout. Maybe I'll have to go to work and use the gym there because they have dumbbells and other machines. I'll find a way!
I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. The week is going so fast! I don't feel so full and I don't feel so hungry. I think I'm reaching the balancing point and I have more energy, too. I'll have to figure out the workout resources because I don't know of/haven't found an alternative to chin-ups or inverted rows.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 AM

Hi Violet
Welcome to TC6, you will get amazing support on this forum.
I am also doing TT for fat loss beginners....
Will you still aim to do the 5km in february??

On day at a time ....
Old 09-19-2009, 12:22 AM

Yes, Macao - thanks for the post. I am still planning to do the 5K in Feb. I have a long run tomorrow. My plan is to run 4-5 days a week.
Today I used the stationary bike for the interval training. I skipped out on the chin ups for the bodyweight intermediate workout B because I didn't have access to a bar for chin ups.

I am going to plan better for next week. I will use the gym at work for my workouts so I have access to all the resources I need and can do the whole workout. Also, I'll study the exercises a bit more so I don't take extra long rests trying to make sure I know what I'm doing/how to count each leg for each exercise.

I had an unplanned meal that had chicken enchilada and beans and rice, but I think I was approx. 1700 cals today so not bad. Yesterday approx. 1500. So I think I'm pretty much on track, since I should be around 1500 cals each day; maybe closer to 1400 or 1300 for a deficit and faster weight loss, but 1500 is good I think.

So, the first week is almost up and I think it is going pretty well! Tomorrow a nice long run/ around 1 hr, almost 6 miles, and a nice weekend ahead to catch up on all the sleep I need!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:16 PM

I've had so much trouble sleeping. Last night, I couldn't fall asleep; I went to sleep a couple hours earlier than usual because I was tired, but I couldn't sleep.
Anyways, Today is a rest day, but I should report nutritionally. I am not going to bother counting calories since it was a disaster. I'm not going to talk about it; it was so bad. I mean, it was a relapse into a horribly unhealthy habit. so I should have listened to the TT call before eating lunch today. Anyways, I gotta get back on track tomorrow. Tomorrow is the start of a new week! And I am determined to be on track! I want to lose 5 inches for these 12 weeks. SO I have to lose 1 inch by Oct. 1. So tomorrow is a tough TT workout! Gotta get planning ----