TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default CZ-n-WB-Free-CB

This one starts out plain and simple...I'll try to come up with something else to add...but it looks like contest #24 will be about breaking free of a bad habit of my 2-3 Coke Zero's per week.

On September 1st I go CZ-Free. It's good timing, too, because with the fall weather on the way it will be more conducive to drinking tea.

That's Part 1 of my 24th TT Contest personal transformation plan.

Looking forward to going on this journey with you,

Craig
Old 08-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Administrator

This isn`t related to my main challenge, but perhaps I will just as many of these mini-challenges as possible...and thus my main transformation focus for the 24th contest is simply Many Mini Challenges.

Here`s what I`ll be doing when I go to work in Nashville next month, just after the contest starts...I wrote this to my Mastermind group.

Each morning I read a tip from 10 `guiding documents` that I`ve collected over the years, including 65 Success Tips from Bedros. Today`s was...

Expect more of yourself.(#41 on my list)

… And so we must. Here’s what we shall do…

In Nashville, Bedros & I are taking on these personal challenges. I want you to have one too.

Bedros is limited to 3 F-Bombs per day when speaking to the group on Wednesday and Friday. If he fails, his punishment is that he does not get to eat brisket on Wednesday night or steak on Friday night. He has to eat chicken, or heaven forbid, fish.

My personal challenge is staying out past 10pm on Thursday and Friday. If I fail, I am not allowed to go to breakfast with Joel & Bedros on Friday or Saturday.

Alright, over to you. Share your challenge and get accountability from the group. Might I suggest business related challenges such as:

- Talking to every single member of the group on Friday

- Lining up 5 affiliates to promote your product before Miami

- Getting 2 affiliate to mail out for you while in Nashville

- Bringing 3 questions for Joel and cornering him for 10 minutes to grill him

- Promising to have a FB ad account up by 11pm on Friday and spending your first $5 on Saturday testing ads to your product

- Be 100% vulnerable and deliver an extremely personal performance in your Transformation Contest presentation without any FEAR of what other people think

- Making a bold public promise to the group that you will achieve X before Dec 31st or else you`ll wear a lime green speedo at the hotel pool in Miami.

Etc. Etc.

Alright, time to step it up.

What is YOUR Music City Challenge for the Nashville Mastermind?
Old 08-24-2015, 04:48 AM
Administrator

A-ha! I've discovered another major mini-challenge to add to my 24th TT contest entry.

I'm quitting bottled water. This is easy as I sit here on the farm. It won't be so easy when I travel. I have many flights scheduled...to Nashville, Denver, Austin, Vegas, California, and perhaps Mexico...possibly even Asia.

But if the Boy Scouts have taught us anything, aside from helping little old ladies across the street, is that you must always be prepared.

And so I'll get a couple of clean canteen bottles, carry them with me at all times, fill up with water from Airport fountains (unless I can find glass water bottles in an airport - highly unlikely), and survive my flights in that fashion. I may even resort to drinking tomato juice, or heaven forbid, apple juice, on a plane if I find myself in a pinch. Either of those will fit my goal better than drinking from plastic bottles.

At hotels, I'll keep the clean canteens filled in the mini-bar fridges, or submerged in the ice bucket.

My goal is ZERO plastic bottle use in the next 3 months...if I can pull that off, I'll be impressed.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Administrator

House is now clear of Coke Zero.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
A-ha! I've discovered another major mini-challenge to add to my 24th TT contest entry.

I'm quitting bottled water. This is easy as I sit here on the farm. It won't be so easy when I travel. I have many flights scheduled...to Nashville, Denver, Austin, Vegas, California, and perhaps Mexico...possibly even Asia.

But if the Boy Scouts have taught us anything, aside from helping little old ladies across the street, is that you must always be prepared.

And so I'll get a couple of clean canteen bottles, carry them with me at all times, fill up with water from Airport fountains (unless I can find glass water bottles in an airport - highly unlikely), and survive my flights in that fashion. I may even resort to drinking tomato juice, or heaven forbid, apple juice, on a plane if I find myself in a pinch. Either of those will fit my goal better than drinking from plastic bottles.

At hotels, I'll keep the clean canteens filled in the mini-bar fridges, or submerged in the ice bucket.

My goal is ZERO plastic bottle use in the next 3 months...if I can pull that off, I'll be impressed.
Hey CB, if you're looking for a great refillable stainless steel water bottle that doesn't leave that metallic taste in your mouth, try a S'well bottle. Hubby got me one for Christmas and I LOVE IT! I have it with me at all times and have really upped my water intake because water stays cold and tastes really good now.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Coincidentally ordered one last Sunday and it showed up yesterday. Interesting product.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Administrator

My pushups have improved recently and I owe the improvement to the Pause Pushup method. This has been a big lesson for me this year...I'm curious to see if I can make similar improvements in pull-ups using this pause method. Remember, the pause method is a 1-second pause at the top and 1-second pause at the bottom of the move.

So I'll be adding in some pause Pullups to see if I can boost these. That will be a new mini-challenge.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 PM

Sounds like we have similar goals for this challenge. My goal is to drastically reduce my intake on Sugar Free Energy Drinks. I usually have one a day, and aside from being an expensive habit, I know there's other things I can drink. I drink A LOT of water throughout the day, but just need to find other zero calorie beverages that can satiate me. Anyways, starting tomorrow I will count how many I have over the next 84 days!

Also, I'm teaching senior phys ed this year, and part of their ongoing goal is going to be tracking their progress in fitness areas of their choosing. Every four weeks they will pick a new goal and we will see how we progress throughout the year. I'm going to be doing it with them and think I'm going to start with Pushups in 1 minute!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Great to hear about working with the kids. LMK how it goes and if you have any questions.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:19 AM
Administrator

It's official. The game is on. Mini-challenges accepted.

Day 1 is here.

No Coke Zeros. No plastic water bottles.

Pause-Pullup Program kicked off. Current max is 10.

And this week's 10pm "party time" finish line for Thursday and Friday.

It's easy to stay up, I just don't like it cutting in to my 4am wakeups. But those will be sacrificed for a couple of days. Fortunately the sun doesn't rise until almost 7am in Nashville at this time of year.