TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 02:46 PM

So I completed my fast - it ended up being a 27 hour fast! My son had a soccer game that evening (fast was to end at 7 pm) and we got home about 7:15 and I quickly put both kids in the bath, got them ready for bed, etc. I didn't want to stop to eat at that point since I still had to do my workout. By the time my workout was done, it was close to 9:30 so I went ahead and showered and then finally got my dinner ready. I ate at 10:00! Whew! It's so psychological, though - I really felt fine after about 5:30. At 5:30, I wanted very badly to grab my son's sandwich that he didn't eat for lunch (I put fresh spinach on it and he was unwilling to pick it off!). But I restrained myself. Then the hunger pang passed and I was good to go!

Had an AWESOME BDHC workout B last night. Everything was clicking and I was able to do more reps on the things that are supposed to be 'max reps'. Plus I did 6 eccentric pull-ups and was able to do the 4 second lowering on all 6 for each rep (for a total of 18 eccentric pull-ups). I started 4 weeks ago w/ just 3 eccentrics and added one each week; however, while I could always do all the reps the first time through, I was never able to do all the second time through and was even less capable the third time through. So last night's workout shows that my upper body is definitely getting stronger. I still can only do one chin-up and I know I can't yet do a pull-up, but the gains are being made!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
So I completed my fast - it ended up being a 27 hour fast! My son had a soccer game that evening (fast was to end at 7 pm) and we got home about 7:15 and I quickly put both kids in the bath, got them ready for bed, etc. I didn't want to stop to eat at that point since I still had to do my workout. By the time my workout was done, it was close to 9:30 so I went ahead and showered and then finally got my dinner ready. I ate at 10:00! Whew! It's so psychological, though - I really felt fine after about 5:30. At 5:30, I wanted very badly to grab my son's sandwich that he didn't eat for lunch (I put fresh spinach on it and he was unwilling to pick it off!). But I restrained myself. Then the hunger pang passed and I was good to go!

Had an AWESOME BDHC workout B last night. Everything was clicking and I was able to do more reps on the things that are supposed to be 'max reps'. Plus I did 6 eccentric pull-ups and was able to do the 4 second lowering on all 6 for each rep (for a total of 18 eccentric pull-ups). I started 4 weeks ago w/ just 3 eccentrics and added one each week; however, while I could always do all the reps the first time through, I was never able to do all the second time through and was even less capable the third time through. So last night's workout shows that my upper body is definitely getting stronger. I still can only do one chin-up and I know I can't yet do a pull-up, but the gains are being made!
Great stuff on the workout - sounds like you're really making progress! And congratulations on making it through the fast, you have awesome will power
Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 PM

Default Synergy it is!

Alright - I haven't been on here in a few days - this was our crazy, crazy week! And my Mom is visiting with us now, so this brief moment before bed is my only opportunity for a few more days!

We has a fun week! Swimming & Soccer Monday; Soccer Tuesday; 'rest' (cleaning the house!) Wednesday; Swimming Thursday; Street Festival and Harley Davidson "Bike Night" along w/ Mom coming into town and husband off to football game on Friday; and Soccer and Street Festival again today. Whew! Workouts were on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday instead of the usual Sun/Tu/Th - but I did do them!

So... last night was the last workout of Buff Dudes Hot Chicks. Just now I decided to do "Synergy" for weeks 5-8. I was looking at Synergy, 300, and Hot Zone. I like 300 & Hot Zone, but Synergy seems most different from BDHC, so I will go there next. And since my husband will do whatever workout I do, I guess I'll have company!

Completed a 2nd fast Thurs - Fri. Thought I was starting a fast after lunch on Thursday and was 7 hours into it when I decided I just really needed to eat dinner with my family that night. So I restarted after dinner. On Friday, I cut the fast short by about 1 1/2 hours since it was most convenient to eat dinner earlier so I could do my workout after the kids were in bed (and not have to do another 27 hour fast this week). I think I'm hovering around 139-140 lbs now, so I'm not down a tremendous amount this contest thus far, but starting to see some change. But since I started TT at 156 lbs in May, I don't expect the weight this go round to roll off quite the same way as it did in the last contest.

I wish I had time to catch up on other postings, but it will have to wait until later in the week. Gosh - much later; I'm thinking Tuesday maybe but probably more likely to be Wed or Thurs! Arrgh! These forums are so helpful. Oh, well! Such is life! If I need the forums for survival, I'll find a way to be here!

Old 10-10-2010, 04:45 AM

Smile

Quote:
Alright - I haven't been on here in a few days - this was our crazy, crazy week! And my Mom is visiting with us now, so this brief moment before bed is my only opportunity for a few more days!

We has a fun week! Swimming & Soccer Monday; Soccer Tuesday; 'rest' (cleaning the house!) Wednesday; Swimming Thursday; Street Festival and Harley Davidson "Bike Night" along w/ Mom coming into town and husband off to football game on Friday; and Soccer and Street Festival again today. Whew! Workouts were on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday instead of the usual Sun/Tu/Th - but I did do them!

So... last night was the last workout of Buff Dudes Hot Chicks. Just now I decided to do "Synergy" for weeks 5-8. I was looking at Synergy, 300, and Hot Zone. I like 300 & Hot Zone, but Synergy seems most different from BDHC, so I will go there next. And since my husband will do whatever workout I do, I guess I'll have company!

Completed a 2nd fast Thurs - Fri. Thought I was starting a fast after lunch on Thursday and was 7 hours into it when I decided I just really needed to eat dinner with my family that night. So I restarted after dinner. On Friday, I cut the fast short by about 1 1/2 hours since it was most convenient to eat dinner earlier so I could do my workout after the kids were in bed (and not have to do another 27 hour fast this week). I think I'm hovering around 139-140 lbs now, so I'm not down a tremendous amount this contest thus far, but starting to see some change. But since I started TT at 156 lbs in May, I don't expect the weight this go round to roll off quite the same way as it did in the last contest.

I wish I had time to catch up on other postings, but it will have to wait until later in the week. Gosh - much later; I'm thinking Tuesday maybe but probably more likely to be Wed or Thurs! Arrgh! These forums are so helpful. Oh, well! Such is life! If I need the forums for survival, I'll find a way to be here!
Hi Heather,

wow really busy week for you, so much going on and still managing to do your workouts and fasts well done. I will take a look at the workouts you mentioned, but I don;t have platinum membership so not sure they will be available to me, but will check them out. I am a week into TTK6 and really enjoying it. Well done on the progress with your pull ups, you are really making progres.. I didn;t realise you had lost so much weight in total since you started TT, that's fantastic, all your hard work has paid off.

Enjoy the time with your MUm and you busy week. Really admire you managing to do your workouts after the kids have gone to bed, I would probably want to just crash somewhere! Real dedication

cheers for now KT
Old 10-10-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Well that does sound like a fun week indeed! Much more exciting than my 7-3 office humdrum

I've still got lots of workouts to do in the manual, but I have to say I can't wait to finish it so I can start picking from all the other cool workouts out there. I mean, with a name like Synergy, how can that workout not be great?!

Let us know what it's like!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Default Caffeine buzz or general peppiness?

Thanks Katie and Claire!

So much to say - so little time! I think I've got a caffeine buzz going here 'cuz I sure do feel wired! I had 2 diet cokes (fountain drinks) yesterday while out with Mom and kids and was unable to fall asleep quickly last night. Not restless outwardly, but inwardly I just couldn't be quiet! Slept well, but still feeling the pep here! Not a caffeine drinker (always do decaff when I can). So excuse any craziness that I may spout today!

I will report out here, but catch up w/ everyone else on Tues or Wed this week! I wish I could catch up now, but I probably really shouldn't even be here now!

I wish I could say I started Synergy, but was feeling light-headed last night (dehydration) so opted for the M-W-F workout schedule this week. I will either do 1 or 2 reps of each superset; there's some new things in here so may have to opt for just 1 this week. We'll see!

On the clothing front, used Mom's presence as a chance to get rid of TONS of sweaters and turtle necks. I mean, I live in North Carolina and it's 87F today on the 11th of October. I have been here 8 years and most sweaters have gone untouched during that time. We do a trip to Ohio to see my husband's family every winter, so I hung onto a few sweaters that I otherwise may have taken to Goodwill or a woman's shelter - but if I don't wear them this winter, they're gone!

I then went shopping for end-of-season shorts and tank tops (and new workout clothes as some of my others are falling off!) w/ Mom and kids in tow. I bought all size 6 shorts - maybe could have gone w/ 4s, but didn't try them on even. They're all low rise and seem to fit well all over w/ the exception of the gappy back to the waist-band (hip band?). ALL my low-rise stuff fits this way - no matter how much muffin-top I had going in the winter last year, I still had the gappy back. This time, no muffin-top but still w/ a gappy back. I may just need to get a belt to get the gap to not stick out!

I'll tell y'all about the rest of the weekend w/ Mom and kids (and husband, although he had other goings on) when I get time tomorrow or Wed! Now I get to go write an exam!

And did I mention my fall break is this Thurs and Fri AND that the lab I teach on Wed is not running this week, so I only have to hold class on Tues AND two of those classes are taking exams! Whew! Didn't realize that sentence would be so complex when I started to type! Anyway, all that to say that maybe just maybe my peppiness is due to the excitement of that and not the left over caffeine? (Can caffeine really remain in the body that long after ingestion!?).

Okay, really, gotta go...!

Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 PM

I feel somewhat satisfied that I've been able to get caught up on some posts. Not nearly the amount I'd like to, but that sounds like a good thing to do over my fall break (which begins after tomorrow!)

My weirdness that I forgot to write about yesterday was that my weight has dropped a bit more, my clothes are looser but there has been no change in my measurements. I just can't get my mind around this one.

Synergy was interesting. I did 'A' last night - only one rep w/ one exception where I forgot and did 2 reps of a superset. Oh, well. I don't feel like I did anything, though. I spent so much time dinking around w/ the weights (you have to do warm up supersets in the middle of the other supersets @ 66% of the 'real' weight and then drop the weight at the end to 25% of what you were doing to squeeze in 8 more reps). It required so much brainpower, I may not be able to handle that. I'm going to have to figure it all out so don't have to switch the weights on and off with each superset. That drives me bonkers. My husband has asked if we should invest in some barbels (is that the right word? The ones w/ fixed weights...?) and I'm thinking it may be a good idea. Right now we can each only work out one at a time, so he waits until I finish. Plus I hate spinning off those weights.

The most interesting thing about synergy were the inverted rows. I tried them 3 different ways (I guess that's why the first time through is only to do 1 rep?) before I figured out what worked best. I did them on our pull-up bar w/ a chair under me - that didn't work; I tried them w/ my husband holding my feet - that didn't work; then I ended up doing them w/ my feet on our bench and my hands around a bar. It was quite strange, but it worked. Collectively, the workout took 1 hour (that includes intervals) since I was trying to figure out all these new exercises and what weight I should be using. Thank goodness for the 1 rep of each superset!

That's all for now (I've been typing during the exam I was giving and the students are all gone - so time for me to go, too! ). I have to go get kids and get my flu shot - wish me no fever and chills, as I sometimes get that after the shot.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM

Just did synergy workout C - good workout! I did all 3 reps for each superset, despite this being the first time through. There was a lot of body weight stuff in this workout. In any case, it was much better than Monday's A workout. I still need to do intervals - will do those this evening. I wanted to get the workout in early in the day as we're taking the kids to the local fair this evening. I'll be able to run after that, one kids are in bed.

I took some quick measurements today and my shoulders are now reading 42", up again in size. I'm about 138-139 lbs, depending on the moment of the day and the day of the week...

Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Just did synergy workout C - good workout! I did all 3 reps for each superset, despite this being the first time through. There was a lot of body weight stuff in this workout. In any case, it was much better than Monday's A workout. I still need to do intervals - will do those this evening. I wanted to get the workout in early in the day as we're taking the kids to the local fair this evening. I'll be able to run after that, one kids are in bed.

I took some quick measurements today and my shoulders are now reading 42", up again in size. I'm about 138-139 lbs, depending on the moment of the day and the day of the week...
Hi Heather

know what you mean about finding it hard to catch up on posts, I have limited time , so busy at work and too tired on a evening to sit in front of the PC someimtes. but do feel much better when I have contributed to other's posts as they have given me support. I feel very guilty when I don't get round to posting back !

those workouts sound interesting, maybe it will take a while to get into them, it's hard to know what to do next after I finish TTK6, I migth try the hot chicks one. but also looking at others, decisions decsions!

My weight has still not dropped, so well done on the scales showing your loss that's fab news and your clothes are getting looser too. You must be losing fat and building that muscle. Still intrigued to see how you measure you shoulder!

ok must go, work to do, keep up the great work

Cheers for now Katie
Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Heather

know what you mean about finding it hard to catch up on posts, I have limited time , so busy at work and too tired on a evening to sit in front of the PC someimtes. but do feel much better when I have contributed to other's posts as they have given me support. I feel very guilty when I don't get round to posting back !

those workouts sound interesting, maybe it will take a while to get into them, it's hard to know what to do next after I finish TTK6, I migth try the hot chicks one. but also looking at others, decisions decsions!

My weight has still not dropped, so well done on the scales showing your loss that's fab news and your clothes are getting looser too. You must be losing fat and building that muscle. Still intrigued to see how you measure you shoulder!

ok must go, work to do, keep up the great work

Cheers for now Katie
Hi Katie! I agree - there are so many great workouts. One other I plan to try at some point is the 12 week one for women (booty for wife?); that looks like a fun one!

It's funny - the guilt gets me too, when I don't post back. The posting is a great thing - it really does help with keeping a positive outlook and knowing that you can possibly help others through a rough spot.

For my shoulder measurements, I use the recommendation in something I downloaded (off this site, I think?) - the Elimination Experiment Workout. It shows diagrams of how/where to measure. Shoulders are basically measured by putting your arms at your side and wrapping the measuring tape all the way around a few inches down from the tops of the shoulder. I think there may be a natural 'dent' there in the arm.