TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2015, 12:57 AM

Strangely enough I just started that exact workout due to back issues myself. I think your going to like it.

Hit it hard Pete. I know you can do it.

STAMUS CONTRA MALUM
Old 10-25-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Magovern View Post
Strangely enough I just started that exact workout due to back issues myself. I think your going to like it.

Hit it hard Pete. I know you can do it.
Ta John. I will mate. At this stage of the process there is no room to muck around.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:18 PM

My back issues have moved north. Now mid thoracic. Oh the joys! Back to the chiropractor today and still no training.

I plan to get back into training next week (back allowing) and plan to make a major effort to submit a reasonable finishing photo to this very much disrupted contest bid.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Stay strong and focus on lessons learned. Enjoy the break from the gym.

Come back stronger.

C.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:29 PM

Peter, hope the chiropractor is helping. Stay strong, keep at it, your pictures will be great! Concetta
Old 10-30-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Peter, hope the chiropractor is helping. Stay strong, keep at it, your pictures will be great! Concetta
Getting there Concetta. Still can't train. I think I may be able to start next week but my diet hasn't been the best the last 2 weeks. It hasn't been terrible but with no training I would have really had to tighten the reins and I haven't.

We'll see. Hoping I can get back into it on Monday
Old 11-01-2015, 09:59 PM

Default Quick Check In

My back is still not playing ball. I had another visit to the chiropractor today and am hoping this will do the trick. In the interim though training is still out.

With only 4 weeks left I'm going to make a change in tactics nutritionally as am opting for a high protein and fat content whilst my activity level is much lower.

I'm not going to roll over and die just get. My goal is to still submit really decent finishing photos despite adversity.

Keep you posted.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:26 PM

Hey Peter, just seeing this now. My condolences! I know what the back thing is like. Hope you find total relief soon, and enjoy surfing! You're in a great spot. I've been swimming a lot due to back issues and it's FABULOUS to be out in nature for a workout.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Hey Peter, just seeing this now. My condolences! I know what the back thing is like. Hope you find total relief soon, and enjoy surfing! You're in a great spot. I've been swimming a lot due to back issues and it's FABULOUS to be out in nature for a workout.
Thanks Maureen. I've attempted a couple of bodyweight workouts now but the back is still playing up somewhat.

Unfortunately I cannot even think about surfing until it is better either. Just have to be patient.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:08 AM

Embarrassed to say I won't be submitting an entry. Nearly 6 weeks of not training has not helped me get lean. My experiment with higher carbohydrate consumption did not pay off either. The fat loss I experienced whilst I was still able to train was slow at best. Not only that I felt quite sluggish and a bit foggy most of the time as well.

Since I couldn't train I reverted back to my traditional favored way of eating opting for higher fat, lower carb and moderate protein consumption and not only do I feel much better, the weight has also started to take care of itself.

So this little contest was not a total loss because it has taught me a couple of things about my body. The injured back was also a blessing in disguise because it has pulled me away from such a regimented gym schedule and finally got me back into the ocean for a surf.

So all good. No final entry this time but I feel like I'm made some great progress in other areas anyway.