TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
Energy drinks. They do NOTHING for me. It's just a bunch of bad toxins and sugars for my body. I WISH they had the impact on me like they do others

Black coffee with maybe some coconut oil and a shot of honey is my poison.

They don't DO anything for me, but a lot of it has just been a habit that's been ingrained in my daily routine. I can't even tell you why I get them, other than that I like the taste and just need something cold and sweet in the morning. That being said, whenever I'm in a position where I can't get one in the morning, I don't even miss them.

I'm learning to appreciate coffee, but am starting with just a simple Iced Coffee with some sweetener and milk in it. I've never been a huge fan! I've never tried with coconut oil and honey though......
Old 09-05-2015, 10:53 AM

Awesome goals and the planning and organising will keep you on track! I kicked the energy drink habit after law school. You're doing well by replacing it rather than trying to just eliminate it. The early mornings become habit but it takes time. Looking forward to seeing you reach your goals!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:39 PM

There is A LOT of positivity flowing in these forums! It's awesome! So update for me:

I had a couple of energy drinks over the long weekend, but mostly stuck to Iced Coffee. I have also given myself a 14 day challenge to add some more nutrient dense foods to my diet. There is a member over on the BioTrust forums who has "GBOMB" which is to say: Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries.

I have committed to adding those into my diet as much as possible over 14 days, with the goal being to eat them all at least once a day! A typical way to add them in for me has been:

Egg white Omelet with Shiitake and Onions

Greek Yogurt with 3/4 cup of Blueberries, 1 Scoop of Protein Powder, 1 TBSP Chia Seeds

Salad made with a variety of greens and veggies with Red Kidney Beans added

So far so good! I've hit my goals by lunch time, two days in a row. It's nice to have specific foods to throw in, just to round out an already clean diet and make it a little healthier.

So I'm wondering..... What would everyone else's "Superfoods" acronym be? What do you add in to your diet on a regular basis that you consider "staples"? Bacon does not count.... Well OK.... It counts a little.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:17 AM

CPOBB: cocoa, protein, onions, broccoli, berries!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Administrator

I'm loving this thread. Keep it coming. You are doing great. Keep making small progress each and every day. That is what will keep you going and reach your ultimate goals.

Keep pushing!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:04 AM

My go to breakfast is greek yogurt, berries, nuts. I like to chew my protien, so I don't do powders all that often. I like to chop my nut(snicker) up pretty small so they get incorporated and last longer. I try to limit myself to 1-2 ounces per day because they are so easy to over eat.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
My go to breakfast is greek yogurt, berries, nuts. I like to chew my protien, so I don't do powders all that often. I like to chop my nut(snicker) up pretty small so they get incorporated and last longer. I try to limit myself to 1-2 ounces per day because they are so easy to over eat.
Isn't that the truth! Peanut Butter and Nuts in general are something that I don't really keep around the house. It is WAY too easy to overeat on them, and I can chow down on half a jar of peanut butter in a sitting......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYqA-6n-rQQ
Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWoodrum View Post
I'm loving this thread. Keep it coming. You are doing great. Keep making small progress each and every day. That is what will keep you going and reach your ultimate goals.

Keep pushing!
Thanks so much! Part of what I'm working towards is really getting outside of my head... Working past the sub-conscious that has become my day to day habits. I had a moment of clarity today as I was preparing my meals for the day. I was thinking about how much more rewarding the food is when it's prepared by you.... Even the new ritual of making an Iced Coffee. The entire process takes me about 20 minutes, as I brew it first, then chill it in the freezer. Going through these steps just to prepare a simple beverage sure makes you appreciate it more.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
CPOBB: cocoa, protein, onions, broccoli, berries!
What do you typically put your cocoa in? Thanks for the list!!!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:54 PM

My sweet afternoon/evening treat: dissolve a couple tablespoons in hot water (1/4 mug full for a cold drink, 3/4 full for a hot drink), add about 1/3-1/2 cup milk, stevia to taste and a splash of vanilla extract. If cold, fill with ice and stir to chill thoroughly.

I also put it in smoothies with protein powder, berries and broccoli