TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 AM

You have a great start. Don't be overwhelmed by a long jorney, narrow focuse on one thing at a time, step by step, one foot in front of the other, will get u where you want to be. Keep up the great work and know we are all here, with you.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:07 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support! Makes it easier to do this. Here's a recipe that came across my facebook today. My wife has the ultimate sweet tooth, and once this baby is out, she's committed to eating healthy and exercising with me. I've already started by cooking for the both of us as much as possible. Anyways, back to my point... I made these cookies for my wife and they were awesome. The best part is no flour, no sugar, no oil, no butter! And Chick Peas! Who would have thought. You would swear you're eating something awful. I don't really get off on sweets but I dipped my finger into the bowl just to see how they tasted.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter (can use PB2 from gym to make healthier, check your labels)
1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (agave would be amazing too!)
1 teaspoon baking powder**
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.

Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.

Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.

With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.

Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Has anyone tried mixing TT routines? There are so many to choose from. What if I did a different one every week? Or maybe even picked two and switched off every other week? Just sayin....
Old 09-27-2013, 02:00 PM

I know, there are so many great programs on this site and from others. From my experience, I would pick the program that is geared toward the fitness goals I have set for myself. There are programs that can help you put on muscle, loss fat, get you ready for an adventure run. Pick one that will help you get to where you want to be. They usually run for 4 weeks and then you can pick another one. Craig has been putting these programs together for a long time, I tried to move from program to program liked you mentioned and was getting nowhere until I just started working one program at a time. I hope this helps you out.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:09 PM

Yeah for sure it does. Thanks! I'll stick with the muscle building program.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 PM

Greetings Commander I haven't said hello yet. Missed this thread somehow so welcome.

Regarding switching programs like you were talking about it's not advisable.

The whole idea of the four weeks per program is to allow you body to adapt and improve before switching things up again 4 week later to reignite this adaption process.

If you change things from week to week your body never really gets a chance to adapt to a set of exercises and get stronger. So you end up just spinning the wheels as opposed to make progress.

Hope that make sense.

I look forward to you success. You're doing great so far.

Pete
Old 09-30-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Greetings Commander I haven't said hello yet. Missed this thread somehow so welcome.

Regarding switching programs like you were talking about it's not advisable.

The whole idea of the four weeks per program is to allow you body to adapt and improve before switching things up again 4 week later to reignite this adaption process.

If you change things from week to week your body never really gets a chance to adapt to a set of exercises and get stronger. So you end up just spinning the wheels as opposed to make progress.

Hope that make sense.

I look forward to you success. You're doing great so far.

Pete
Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's hard to not do well when people are supporting!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Things are rolling along smoothly. Pants are starting to fit a little better. Belt holes are starting to be easily attained and I'm just not feeling like a fat sack of crap anymore.

I took Saturday evening as a cheat meal and indulged in some pizza and beer. Was the first time in almost two weeks and was a nice reset for my mind. Sunday I was back at it! I'm used to drinking beer and eating snacks during CFL games, but this was week two in a row that I enjoyed the game while pounding back the water and eating some frozen grapes.

Nutrition is still pretty solid, as I've really been taking the challenge of trying new recipes and cooking healthy for my wife and myself. Tonight will Tilapia with Orange sauce, topped with toasted sesame seeds. Will pair that with green tea infused soba noodles and dipping sauce. I love Asian cuisine.

Workouts are going well. I've enjoyed workout D of the Muscle building program the most. Mostly because it highlights where my weaknesses are and I'm doing exercises that I've never done before.

Some highlights are:

1) Pistol Squat - I don't know what genius invented this exercise but it has officially become my most hated exercise. When I hate an exercise I mean that I do it anyway with full intensity.

2) Glute Ham Raise on Fitness Ball - Really? The most uncoordinated person on the planet has to stabilize himself on a fitness ball belly down, brace my feet against a wall? And that's not even the exercise. Then I have to use my hamstring muscles to raise myself up? Seriously....

3) Snatch Grip Deadlift - I was all like, "Yeah no problem!", until about rep 3 when I felt my grip slipping. I did my final rep holding the BB with my index fingers.

Anyways, in all seriousness it was a mostly enjoyable workout and I'm definitely feeling it today. I did the Pistol Squats with the TRX to help me balance myself. Also, I have a way better Range of Motion that way.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Administrator

great work, and I think this is the first time the CFL has ever been mentioned on TT. nice reference!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
great work, and I think this is the first time the CFL has ever been mentioned on TT. nice reference!
Gotta represent Rider Pride.... Even if they are sh***ing the bed right now.