TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Administrator

stay strong my friend!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo84 View Post
Thank you Craig. He is very inspiring indeed. He has diabetes, but he follows a very healthy diet and take measurement of waistline every two weeks to check if its all right. I wish my parents had such good habits, especially my mother.
A big thumbs up on measuring that waistline. Sounds like your Grandfather has accumulated a lot of wisdom.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
stay strong my friend!
Thank you, Craig.

I'm feeling 100%, both physically and mentally. Will work harder in the 2nd half of the 18th TC to close the gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
A big thumbs up on measuring that waistline. Sounds like your Grandfather has accumulated a lot of wisdom.
Hi Catherine,

One of my uncles gave him a book title some like "How to live with diabetes" and he follows as most as he can. Everybody says that his family has "nice genetics" (one of his brothers passed away with 99.5) but he really contributes to that.

Last edited by eduardo84 : 10-28-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Administrator

nice, how are things going? Closing that gap?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
nice, how are things going? Closing that gap?
Hi Craig,

Thank you for asking.

Friday was my fast day and an off-day from workouts. I did some stretches at home though. I had a homemade chicken wrap for dinner, dried apricots for dessert, and two glasses of wine (1.100 cals).

I did not log my food intake during the weekend.

Saturday's dinner was pizza (3 slices) and homemade chocolate cake for dessert. Had fruits and protein shake for breakfast (~13h00) and we did not have lunch. I also had a workout around 15h30.

Yesterday we had pancakes for breakfast. I had two with melted cheese and two with fruits. No Nutella this time . During the day we had a couple of beers and I ate another slice of chocolate cake. For dinner we had vegetable soup.

In terms of work, on Friday my thesis adviser finally gave me some feedback. We were supposed to talk two weeks ago but she kept postponing. She did not finish revising the paper yet and this kinds of upsets me. She promised that it will be done by Wednesday, but I'm not that much confident.

Anyway, I finished the easy stuff in the other paper and she also asked me to evaluate whether the journal that she had suggested for the first paper (journal of economic behavior and organization) was adequate. She agreed that it was not and asked me to search for options. And the end, she did not like the options I have and suggested us to send to The Economic Journal. This is a very top journal ("A" ranking here in Maastricht University, while JEBO is "B") and instead of being happy I started doubting whether my research was good enough to get published there. This is something that have to work on immediately.

Wish good week to al TTs!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Congrats on the research success!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Congrats on the research success!
Thank you, Craig.

I did not send the paper yet. My adviser is still in India and we could not discuss properly. It seems that she will come to Maastricht this week, so I am trying to set up a meeting with her.

I am not progressing as fast as I should/want in my research, so there is so much room for improvement in this. I have to apply the lessons learned during my physical transformation to other areas of my life.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:50 AM

Hi guys,

After 12 weeks, I feel I could have done more.

My goals at the beginning were

Quote:
1) Health:

I want to gain as much lean mass as possible while not gaining any fat. So I will keep track of my waistline (tomorrow I will take my measurements and then I will post my current stats) and adjust my calories accordingly. I will also revive my food journal, as my diet became much poorer when I stopped logging and sharing my meals. I felt a bit sad in admit that I don’t have the enough discipline yet, but wheat really matter is that I won’t give up. I will start with ~2000 kcal/day in average and will keep fasting for 24h once a week. At this moment I am doing TT Bodyweight Bodybuilding 2k10, but I don’t know what is coming afterwards. As I am not an “official” contestant, I’m considering shifting to one of Jason Ferruggia’s workout or even Ben Pakulski’s MI40.
I would say that I was fully committed to this only on the last seven weeks. These weeks have been awesome. For the first time I'm doing pretty well while not trying to lose weight. Moreover, I did not have any sweet for 40 days and gluten for two week, and I'm learning a lot from this experiment.

I couldn't find my before pics, perhaps they got erased when my HD crashed. ;/
Anyway, the attached pics were taken this morning

Quote:
2) Work

I am currently doing a PhD in Economics and I want to submit my dissertation by August/2014. It may change if I get a new contract as research assistance, but as of now that is the goal. I’m feeling that I’m very late and it is my entire fault. I’ve spent lots of time doing other things and procrastinating, but now I will change the game. My goal for the next 3 months is threefold: (i) submit one paper to the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization by October 15th (I already have a first draft done); (ii) have a first draft of another paper that I will submit to the journal Social Sciences and Medicines by November 15th; and (iii) wrap up these two papers plus other stuff that I’ve already done in other to have two complete chapters written. I need more discipline in order to have all these things done. I’ve been waking up at 5h00 - 5h30 but waste too much time doing the wrong things. I will start an accountability log in the Green Tea Zone in other to get out of my comfort zone.
I feel like I've failed here because I did not build the discipline I need.

I have "finished" the paper 1 but did not submit it yet. I'm still waiting the final feedback from my thesis adviser. She keeps postponing it, and I really don't know what to do. Sometimes I feel really demotivated because this kind of things.

I also finished one chapter of the thesis, which is based on paper 1. Most likely I will break it into two shorter chapters in the future.

I did not finished the first draft of paper 2. I'm 100% responsible for not achieving this goal. It is about 60% done, but I could have done more.

Thank you all TTs for the support.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (34.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (29.3 KB, 4 views)