TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Default Dangerously Fit

In the photo below I am holding my application to officially join the National Weight Control Registry and research study.

Back in July, a Los Angeles Times reporter asked this question of a Cornell professor and researcher who had completed a study of student volunteers who skipped breakfast:

"What about people who won the weight battle – keeping off at least 30 pounds for a year or more -- and are part of the National Weight Control Registry? They eat breakfast."

He replied:

“You’re talking about the exceptions,” Levitsky said. Those people are not like most people: They are more health-conscious, they exercise more, they’re extraordinarily watchful over what they eat. “It’s dangerous to extrapolate from them,” he said.

Dangerous? Am I really dangerous? How flattering.

I must admit though- that the students who skipped breakfast ate an average of 408 fewer calories over the course of the day than the breakfast eaters. So if you're college age and healthy, skipping breakfast might be a fantastic strategy for fat loss and transformation!

We've certainly seen plenty of success stories here from folks who've done IF and Eat Stop Eat. I used ESE when I won contest #2- with this caveat- I fasted from breakfast to breakfast so that my "hungriest" hours passed in my sleep.

Many other TT success stories simply start eating much later in the day than I do, and it works great for them.

I want to participate in contest #18 in order to continue to get support for staying lean, and to give support for anyone else who wants to get lean, or build muscle!

The common denominator is Turbulence Training, and I want to see what's possible over the next 12 weeks.

Maybe the secret to permanent fat loss is simply this- Keep striving for progress and progression, and never, Never give up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg members photo.jpg (20.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Administrator

very interesting, stay strong Catherine!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 AM

Smile

Awesome Catherine! I have a lot to learn on the certified TT trainer journey and you are at the top of the top! Living in Australia it will be great to get some tips from you along the way. You've been an inspiration and a huge motivation. Looming forward to journey #18!

Ali
Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaussie View Post
Awesome Catherine! I have a lot to learn on the certified TT trainer journey and you are at the top of the top! Living in Australia it will be great to get some tips from you along the way. You've been an inspiration and a huge motivation. Looming forward to journey #18!

Ali
AND............... she is DANGEROUSLY FIT!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Default Introducing Paulann

My student Paulann just got the new program, and I'm showing her around. She'll have a thread of her own soon.

I can't wait get inspired in Las Vegas this week!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Default Better Than Money

Two months ago, the most popular local Zumba teacher asked if she could move her class over to Gordon Studio. I said yes, and I gave her my fullest class. Why would I do such a thing when it cost my business a significant chunk of revenue?

Simple. I gave up one 60 minute cardio class and, as of this morning, lost 6 pounds.

I am stubborn. Two years ago, Alwyn Cosgrove told me right to my face that I couldn't teach six, hour-long cardio classes a week and stay lean. He literally asked me this question,

"Can't you get someone else to teach your classes?"

At that point, the answer was no- but now I finally see that he was right.

Something I came to grips with in Las Vegas was the answer to this question:

"Do you want to do what's popular, or do you want to do what works?'

When you give up the popular class to teach the effective class, you will lose money at first. But results are better than money because they build your reputation, and a reputation for helping your students succeed is worth its weight in gold.

I started my Tuesday/Thursday evening TT class last night. It was immediately filled.

Now I need to go buy more dumbbells.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:58 PM

Golden Catherine, golden! Concetta
Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM

Awesome!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Two months ago, the most popular local Zumba teacher asked if she could move her class over to Gordon Studio. I said yes, and I gave her my fullest class. Why would I do such a thing when it cost my business a significant chunk of revenue?

Simple. I gave up one 60 minute cardio class and, as of this morning, lost 6 pounds.

I am stubborn. Two years ago, Alwyn Cosgrove told me right to my face that I couldn't teach six, hour-long cardio classes a week and stay lean. He literally asked me this question,

"Can't you get someone else to teach your classes?"

At that point, the answer was no- but now I finally see that he was right.

Something I came to grips with in Las Vegas was the answer to this question:

"Do you want to do what's popular, or do you want to do what works?'

When you give up the popular class to teach the effective class, you will lose money at first. But results are better than money because they build your reputation, and a reputation for helping your students succeed is worth its weight in gold.

I started my Tuesday/Thursday evening TT class last night. It was immediately filled.

Now I need to go buy more dumbbells.
Amazing! That's what your journey has been - nothing short of amazing. Keep on keepin' on!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:32 PM

Wow! That is so impressive!