TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 PM

Default 9/10/13

Today's workout was:

Beginner workout 6

3 sets of squats followed by planks.
Then, 3 sets of jumping jacks, push ups, and bird dogs.

It felt great to get it done first thing in the morning!

I also did great sticking to my diet today. I absolutely loved my dinner...blackened salmon on romaine lettuce. Satisfying and delicious.

I'm continuing to read and write, but it seems that my work tasks are adding a lot on my plate. I believe that delegating the things that aren't important for me to personally do, will be important for my success.

I'm also trying to plan ahead. I have a back to back business trip next week. In some ways, if I am disciplined, I feel that eating will be easier, and I know that I can fit in the workouts. But I'd like to know, what strategies do any of you use to stay on track while traveling?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Administrator

I do everything the same when I travel. Tonight is night 1 of 5 in Vegas.

The only thing is that I sleep less because I go to bed later. But I still get up at the same time and write and work and do everything I normally do.

I go to a grocery store as soon as I land to get my staples (apples, nuts, broccoli).

Travel is not an excuse.

At least not for me.

You can do it. Stay strong!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:14 PM

The travel will absolutely not be an excuse! I can usually fit in my workouts when traveling (unless I'm catching a 5am flight), what suffers most is keeping up with my writing during that time. I'm working on a better plan for this trip.

One other question, the first part of my trip is an institute where I am a facilitator. So, Sunday - Wednesday meals are provided and pre-planned. Do you have an opinion on what might be better, eating carefully from the regular meals or requesting vegetarian? I'm honestly not sure whether there are other options available.

Thanks and good luck with your travel!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator

I would take a lot of snacks (apples, almonds, beef jerky, BioTrust protein bars) and eat the normal meals.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
I would take a lot of snacks (apples, almonds, beef jerky, BioTrust protein bars) and eat the normal meals.
I'm in the same boat this week. 2 days for work in mainland China, where it's difficult to find the usual stuff. So before leaving last night I packed fruit and nuts, some whey protein and some sachets of a nutrtional shake, which is vegan protein mixed with greens made by a company called "Vega". It's good stuff. Was thinking about getting beef jerky but didn't have time to get that.

Hopefully should see me through. I also didn't eat the airplane food, instead buying some roast chicken beforehand and having that with some salad and fruit at the airport.

At lunches (x2) and dinner (tonight) will be eating with colleagues and it'll be Chinese food so it's difficult to tell how it's all prepared but it tends to be a lot less greasy than the Chinese food we get in the West, so hopefully should be good!

Good luck on your work trip next week ... I'm sure you'll make it!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM

Thanks! Those are great ideas...good luck to both of you on the temptations you are facing. Craig, I read your post about the Blondies and Tom, I think that Chinese would be more challenging then the meals that I will have to choose from.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Yes! Looking forward to your feedback.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:02 PM

Default Great day!

Excellent workout. It felt good to sweat.

3 sets of split squats - push ups - side planks
3 sets of glute bridge - push up plank - total body extensions

My push ups are getting much better, as are my planks!

Glute bridge is the most difficult to do because of pain, but I'm working on it.

I learned two important lessons today that will help me keep on track -

lesson 1 - I'm a stress and boredom eater. When I keep myself busy with activities and projects that keep me positive and help me work towards my goals, food temptation is not an issue.

lesson 2 - In the past, once I got partially toward reaching my goal, I would let either inner or outer voices tell me that I was being selfish by working out and that I should put in more time at work or pay more attention to my family, when the real message was just, you're selfish if you do something for yourself. Realizing this is an eye opener! Realizing this is half the battle!

I can do this...and I'm not selfish for it.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Default Today's workout- 9/14/13

I finally got in today's workout.

3 sets of the following -

15 bodyweight squats
10 4 second push ups
10 bird dogs
15 band pulls
10 mountain climbers
15 skip jacks

The squats are easier on me than the glute bridge, but by the end of the second set, I could feel the pain down into my ankle. Fortunately, the pain goes away once the excercise is done.

Also did some "turbo" shopping with my 16 year old today. Her response was, "Mom, slow down. I don't walk that fast!"

Love the fb post today regarding Larry Winget. I have already added his book to my list of must reads!

I hit the road tomorrow. First part of the trip is by car. I'm planning ahead so I'm not tempted by boredom snacking while I drive!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridener View Post
Excellent workout. It felt good to sweat.

3 sets of split squats - push ups - side planks
3 sets of glute bridge - push up plank - total body extensions

My push ups are getting much better, as are my planks!

Glute bridge is the most difficult to do because of pain, but I'm working on it.

I learned two important lessons today that will help me keep on track -

lesson 1 - I'm a stress and boredom eater. When I keep myself busy with activities and projects that keep me positive and help me work towards my goals, food temptation is not an issue.

lesson 2 - In the past, once I got partially toward reaching my goal, I would let either inner or outer voices tell me that I was being selfish by working out and that I should put in more time at work or pay more attention to my family, when the real message was just, you're selfish if you do something for yourself. Realizing this is an eye opener! Realizing this is half the battle!

I can do this...and I'm not selfish for it.
You are definitely not selfish. You will be able to do more for others if you are at your peak.

And don't forget, you are in control of your happiness!