TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rogers View Post
I hope the votes don't decide much at all. It would become a popularity contest; people with the most facebook friends would win. Of course I don't like that idea, because I don't use facebook. On the other hand, giving the win to someone with lots of facebook friends could be good for business.

I wasn't aware of the unhappy people.

I was surprised the voting wasn't announced on the forums (assuming I'm not mistaken).

In other news, I didn't stop when the contest ended. I've lost 5 more pounds since my entry.

Mark
I was surprised when I saw the apology because I go onto facebook about once in a blue moon and I had no idea voting was even going on. I wonder if this is the new "thing" or if it was just an oversight? I have been on the forums long enough that I had become used to seeing a voting link here - and I just figured that when finalists were selected, we would see a link here in the contest thread and under announcements.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Administrator

I appreciate all of your comments. You are all too kind, and thank you so much for being TT members, of course.

To add to my embarrassment, with all this going on, I completely dropped the ball on announcing the voting.

You can still vote until Thursday at midnight at www.TransformationContest.com.

Sorry for not posting that earlier!

Also, the great thing is that with our email list (I emailed the list twice about it this week), far more strangers vote than anyone could ever get to vote from their FB friends number...

...so no one is able to game the system. At least not to my knowledge over the first 18 contests.

We did have one cheater though! He was caught posting the same photos into another contest just a week later, claiming that it was a different program that got him results.

Bottom line...

I just want the contest to be positive!

It should only be a force for good.

No tears should be shed, no F-bombs dropped, no feelings hurt...the TC should only be a source of joy, of celebration, and inspiration.

We believe the next one, our 20th, will be our biggest ever.

I sincerely hope that if you haven't won a prize then you will consider entering (again).

I don't know if we'll do a Pro category again...we didn't get a huge turnout, although the results were impressive!

I also have more help these days to organize the contest better and we will have a clear voting process and set of rules in place so there will be no misunderstandings.

Thanks again for your feedback, and at the end of the day, the stoic philosopher Epictetus teaches us a great lesson:

Control what you can. Cope with what you can't.

There's not much I can do about how other people react, but I control how I react to them.

I wish everyone in the contest well, and I think YOU are awesome.

So I will make an extra hard workout for you for May!

Again, blame Bobby L.!

Talk soon,

Craig
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
There's not much I can do about how other people react, but I control how I react to them.
Hi Craig, thank you for being such a good example. You positiveness is truly inspiring.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:47 AM

Thanks for considering my comments Craig. The contest was a positive experience for me all the way around, and I am still reaping the benefits.

Mark
Old 04-27-2014, 02:03 PM

Initially, I was incredibly upset about being disqualified, but ultimately it's my own fault. I definitely dropped the ball in making sure to get my pictures in on time. I apologize for venting the way I did as I'm not a negative person and that's not really who I am. You and your programs have been a constant source of inspiration for my continued success and I have no one to blame but myself for not getting photos in on time. That being said, I was mostly upset that I felt a little "misled" in thinking that I was still in consideration for being a finalist.

I sincerely hope that you consider doing another "Pro Division". I'm definitely not done with my transformation and I feel like I need a bit of redemption for myself as I didn't get my photos in on time last time!

Anyways, as always Craig, you're still the man!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:09 PM

Default Thank You Craig!

When people say that nutrition and exercise don't work, your contests give me something concrete to point to.

Six years after finally overcoming 35 years of overweight and obesity for good during the course of the 2nd. TT Transformation Contest, I know that the TC is a force for good!

I am always happy to see how much support and genuine caring is shown by the TT forum members for their fellow contestants. The great secret really is that we receive what we want for others: transformation.

I know that maintaining isn't as exciting as transforming, but I know for a fact that shadowing and/or entering TT challenges has been instrumental in helping me keep the weight off, so I'm so grateful that you, Lesa, Amy, and the whole team continue to do the work required to run these challenges.

Gordon Studio would not have grown so quickly in membership and prestige without these contests, and I don't underestimate their value to all of the CTTs and other trainers who use TT to get results.

It is the best: Before, After, Always.