TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
Cut from stone, maybe not yet, probably more like molded from clay, but at least I am not a Jello mold lol.
In my mind, "hard as stone" refers to the your discipline and focus as much as to your body. You're definitely hard as stone, mate!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 03-25-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
In my mind, "hard as stone" refers to the your discipline and focus as much as to your body. You're definitely hard as stone, mate!
Thanks a lot for the compliment friend.

I haven't been up to date on my log lately. That does not mean I skipped workouts. I just have been overloaded with school work lately. The week off was badly needed, and I started this week at a new gym. Its a true iron gym, some of the trainers there are body building champs who can do some very impressive lifts. Its great to get out of the health club scene. This gym actually allows me to use chalk, and has some bad ass equipment: monolift, deadlift platform, belt squat, reverse hyper, olympic benches, and you can even plug your ipod into stereo. The company you keep matters and training around serious people can give you some serious motivation. I felt like I was becoming one of the strongest guys at the "health club" which was sad because I'm still just a novice, and I go to this new gym with human stalwarts who dwarf my strength. Now I don't feel so tough lol. I'm using a guest pass right now but its probably a sure thing that I will sign up.

Things are rock steady on the fitness front right now. The weight holds steady. My shoulders are about 49.25" and my navel is at 33" most days.

The heavy stuff is really making my back strong, thats where most of the obvious development is.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the compliment friend.

I haven't been up to date on my log lately. That does not mean I skipped workouts. I just have been overloaded with school work lately. The week off was badly needed, and I started this week at a new gym. Its a true iron gym, some of the trainers there are body building champs who can do some very impressive lifts. Its great to get out of the health club scene. This gym actually allows me to use chalk, and has some bad ass equipment: monolift, deadlift platform, belt squat, reverse hyper, olympic benches, and you can even plug your ipod into stereo. The company you keep matters and training around serious people can give you some serious motivation. I felt like I was becoming one of the strongest guys at the "health club" which was sad because I'm still just a novice, and I go to this new gym with human stalwarts who dwarf my strength. Now I don't feel so tough lol. I'm using a guest pass right now but its probably a sure thing that I will sign up.

Things are rock steady on the fitness front right now. The weight holds steady. My shoulders are about 49.25" and my navel is at 33" most days.

The heavy stuff is really making my back strong, thats where most of the obvious development is.
Defintely the most important things is getting out of your comfort zone i.e. the health club. We have an MMA gym with really heavy dumbells where I live. I think I need to train there once or twice every now and again, especially once I get my shoulders sorted.

Inspiring glad I read this thread and its got me thinking for when this contest ends.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 03-26-2011, 05:20 PM

Do you have any idea what your calorie intake has been during this growth phase? I'm looking at doing something similar for the next 8 - 12 weeks...

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 03-26-2011, 05:28 PM

Just been reading though all your posts.

The one that made me smile the most was your one on the guys that bench only and dont squat. Well we have one guy where I go. exactly as you say, very strong upper body, no legs.

We only have a smith machine where I go but I've had 160kg on the smith bar, done 5 sets of 5 with a few reps in the tank, and I'm only 11st.

Strange where you develop your strength.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:07 PM

Ooo new gym sounds scary but good! You'll be one of the strongest again in no time
Old 03-27-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfeinstein View Post
Do you have any idea what your calorie intake has been during this growth phase? I'm looking at doing something similar for the next 8 - 12 weeks...
Its hard to say because I haven't been keeping track. But I generally eat 3 square meals a day. The meals are probably around 1000 calories each, sometimes more. I Have 2 cups of whole milk with each meal and also 2 cups after my workouts. Only supp is creatine. No junk food either. Then I have my snacking, which isn't that significant but it needs to be added. I would take a guess that I'm anywhere between 3300-4000 or so on a given day. For me thats not a whole lot higher than maintenance. But its almost double what I was eating for fat loss. 1 fasting day a week typically Sunday.

Here is just a sample of what I might eat: 8 oz grilled chicken breast, 3/4-1 cup black beans (with cheese,) huuuuuuge serving of broccoli (prob like 7oz,) Banana (medium,) 2 mandarins, 2 cups whole milk. From my calorie counting days my rough estimate there is about 1000.

I'll warn you though, if you eat more often in the night like I do, you might wanna start taking a roll of charmin to your work place lol!

Thanks for reading through my entries Neil I'm glad you enjoyed them. The health club was definitely an over crowded place, equipped with way too much cardio pieces. The places that are actually "gyms" not health clubs are great. Actually this place held a power lifting meet on March 19th for one of the owners who is battling cancer. http://ssbgym.com/2011/03/relentless...-huge-success/
Very inspirational.

One of my favorite things about this new gym are the iron plates that clang together, not the rubberized ones most health clubs have now. And I can actually work out without being bothered. Not that I don't enjoy chewing the fat with the strangers at the gym, but sometimes its just a huge distraction and it takes away from the intensity of your work outs.

Haha thats very kind Claire but I'm not so sure about that, the owner benches like 500 something pounds and his dead lift is 750 something. That kind of strength is made over years and years of training. Not to mention thousands of dollars in grocery bills lol.

It will definitely help me train harder though, and provide good motivation.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
One of my favorite things about this new gym are the iron plates that clang together, not the rubberized ones most health clubs have now. And I can actually work out without being bothered. Not that I don't enjoy chewing the fat with the strangers at the gym, but sometimes its just a huge distraction and it takes away from the intensity of your work outs.

Haha thats very kind Claire but I'm not so sure about that, the owner benches like 500 something pounds and his dead lift is 750 something. That kind of strength is made over years and years of training. Not to mention thousands of dollars in grocery bills lol.

It will definitely help me train harder though, and provide good motivation.
Sounds awesome. I love going where I go most of the time, but the lack of a squat rack or power cage and limited weight on dumbells and plates makes it a bit limiting. its not the right time for me to break away from that, I need my shoulder problems sorted first, but this is something I want to break away from.

Sounds like your going from strength to strength and I can remember reading one of Jay Ferrugia's blog posts where he says "strength is a skill". It can be learned, and developed.

Plenty of scope for progression for all of us, you, me, Adam, and more of the other guys in the contest.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 AM

Just saw your essay and pics, Jason. Congratulations! All I have to say is "Damn! You look buff!".

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 04-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Congrats on completing the contest.

Your pics look great. Well buff.

Good luck with achieving your goals in the future.
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'