TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM

Default Mark's Official TC10

OK, today is my start day for the contest. I'll be entering the 40 and over crowd (I'm 48 turning 49 on Jan 12). I've gotten lazy for about 2 months and it shows. Here are my stats…

Start Date: Jan 2, 2011
End Date: March 26, 2011
Group: 40 and over
Weight: 195.6
Neck: 16
Bicep/unflexed: 12.5
Wrist: 7.5
Chest: 42.5
Waist: 39
Hips: 40
Thigh: 21.5
Calf: 14.5
Approximate BF: 18-20 %

My goal is to get down to 175-180lbs and BF to 10-12%. I'll be using 3 BW programs: BW Bodybuilding, BW Bodybuilding 2, and BW 1000 2K10. I will probably add DB's to some of the exercises. My desired look wants to be lean and stronger, not necessarily build bulk.

I included my beginning pic and hopefully will see a huge difference in 12 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2270.jpg (86.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2271.jpg (83.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Default 1st TC10 Workout

I did my first TC10 workout today. I started with the BW Bodybuilding. The first week I'm only doing 2 sets to get back into the grove of things. It was still a great workout. The 1.5 BSS are a killer!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a very small list of things I hate in this world, the BSS are at the top.

Thank you Craig for putting together such a great workout.

Following the workout I had a protein whey drink, bowl of steel cut oats sprinkled with ground flax seed, multi vitamin, and fish oil sup.

Do you think I should be adding something else for breakfast?

Last edited by mglodfelter : 01-03-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Today I woke up stiff and sore (they tell me that's a good thing) from yesterday's workout. For breakfast I made a bowl of rolled oats sprinkled with cinnamon and had a protein drink.

I do have a question about how I feel. For the last two months I've pretty much ate a lot of junk food: cakes, candy, ice cream and bread. I started the TC10 on Sunday and about mid afternoon yesterday (Monday) I began to feel really bad. Headache, nausea, light headed and overall blah feeling.

Is this what they call withdraws? I feel strange today as well but not nearly like I did yesterday.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglodfelter View Post
Today I woke up stiff and sore (they tell me that's a good thing) from yesterday's workout. For breakfast I made a bowl of rolled oats sprinkled with cinnamon and had a protein drink.

I do have a question about how I feel. For the last two months I've pretty much ate a lot of junk food: cakes, candy, ice cream and bread. I started the TC10 on Sunday and about mid afternoon yesterday (Monday) I began to feel really bad. Headache, nausea, light headed and overall blah feeling.

Is this what they call withdraws? I feel strange today as well but not nearly like I did yesterday.

Thanks.
I was stiff and sore last week too when I started my workouts...mostly in muscles I never knew I had!

I went through a weight loss program 2 years ago that completely took out ALL grains in the first 6 weeks, and I mean EVERYTHING...not even oatmeal or brown rice. I was told I might feel that way, and I sure did. Felt very headachey and nauseated in the first week and was told this was very common. It did get better though.

Do you drink lots of coffee? Also, I find if I really step up my water intake that helps too!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM

It might just be your body detoxing...
Old 01-04-2011, 12:21 PM

Sounds normal to me. Everyone reacts different when they start to clean up their diet. I had a friend eat clean for 3 weeks. Then she decided to a hot dog from a whole sale marketplace. She was best friends with the bathroom for 3 days. The way you describe your reaction is similar to what I've seen. All of that should go away in a few days. Keep it up!
Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days, only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It is not a lifestyle choice... it's a battle. Lose fat, and then get back into moderation. There's another one for you: moderation. Revelation says it best: "You are lukewarm and I shall spit you out." Moderation is for sissies. - Dan John

My war is 12 Weeks Long!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 PM

I think your withdrawals are pretty normal sounding. I've went through them before when making a lot of changes all at once to my diet. If you can survive the next 3 days, you will feel much better after that! (or at least that's how it's worked for both me and my husband). Good luck with your transformation and hang in there!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Thank you for the insight and encouragement. As of right now (2:30 in the afternoon) I feel tons better than yesterday. I have a very dull headache but really nothing.

For lunch I had a big bowl of mixed veggies, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter.

Question. What is a good serving of veggies? I probably ate about 2 to 3 cups worth today. Broc, Caul, and Carrots.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Default Bad night, bad workout

Just wanted to preface by saying I had a very bad night's sleep. It's probably due to my eating habits, I don't know, but it wasn't good at all. Thus it really effected my workout. I seemed worn out.

But I attempted and here's my workout attempt.

I did BW Bodybuilding Workout B. 2 sets of the first 3 supersets, then did one on the 4th. It took me 31 minutes.

For breakfast:

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 scoop whey protein
2 teaspoons of ground flax seed
12 almonds

Hoping Friday I will be able to hit it harder.

PS - I'm using "LIVESTRONG" iphone app to track my diet and workout.