TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2015, 12:29 PM

Matt-You are doing really great! You have every right to be PROUD! Just list out all of the action you've taken. You changed your diet, you started working out even when it was incredibly hard and awkward, you created a cool facebook page and came here for accountability, you've been super transparent and open about your struggles, and you were braver than most by posting your before picture before you have an after picture! If you need some motivation, do a forum search for the word "whoosh" and also read through some of the old contest threads. What you are trying to do has been done by folks who are no different than you, regular people with busy lives. Man, you are going to be a superstar at the Y! Someday you will have a conversation like the one I had with Nestor in March. He told me that he used to weigh well over 200 lbs. I literally thought he was lying to me! People will say, "Yeah Matt, you don't understand. This is easy for you. You've never been out of shape or struggled like I do." Then you can whip this photo out of your wallet and tell them how it's done! I recently read an article that has helped me where I am now(trying to get a business started). The gist was, "We can't skip the awkward beginning if we want to do great things!" You have so many people cheering for you here.(there are tons of people who read and never post) Keep on inspiring us all!

P.S. I was craving a donut recently(I don't eat donuts!) and thought of you! I'm not kidding. I didn't have a donut! Thanks Friend!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 06-09-2015, 02:38 PM

Keep going
We are here for you.
Congratulations on the steps you are taking!
Shawn
Old 06-10-2015, 10:43 AM

You all are awesome. I appreciate it so much.

This is the longest and hardest I've went at changing my weight on purpose.

"Press on towards the goal!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
keep going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa View Post
This is fabulous!! One day at a time! "The road to success for 99% of people isn't a jump, it's a steady incline from one successful project to the next." Keep up the awesome job!! - Lesa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Matt-You are doing really great! You have every right to be PROUD! Just list out all of the action you've taken. You changed your diet, you started working out even when it was incredibly hard and awkward, you created a cool facebook page and came here for accountability, you've been super transparent and open about your struggles, and you were braver than most by posting your before picture before you have an after picture! If you need some motivation, do a forum search for the word "whoosh" and also read through some of the old contest threads. What you are trying to do has been done by folks who are no different than you, regular people with busy lives. Man, you are going to be a superstar at the Y! Someday you will have a conversation like the one I had with Nestor in March. He told me that he used to weigh well over 200 lbs. I literally thought he was lying to me! People will say, "Yeah Matt, you don't understand. This is easy for you. You've never been out of shape or struggled like I do." Then you can whip this photo out of your wallet and tell them how it's done! I recently read an article that has helped me where I am now(trying to get a business started). The gist was, "We can't skip the awkward beginning if we want to do great things!" You have so many people cheering for you here.(there are tons of people who read and never post) Keep on inspiring us all!

P.S. I was craving a donut recently(I don't eat donuts!) and thought of you! I'm not kidding. I didn't have a donut! Thanks Friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Keep going
We are here for you.
Congratulations on the steps you are taking!
Shawn
Old 06-10-2015, 11:12 AM

Keep pressing Matt. You got this!! Concetta
Old 06-11-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Keep pressing Matt. You got this!! Concetta
THANKS!

Doubling down (but not on KFC's Double Down) on my sugar elimination today. I'm even going with the removal of stevia and fruits, just for the next two months of the contest; I will allow myself to enjoy my mom's homecooking/desserts, as well as July 4th weekend with my in-laws.

THATS IT. HAMMER TIME.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM

You have this, BIG TIME! People are counting on you!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 06-20-2015, 10:23 AM

How's it goin' Transformer Mann?
Old 06-20-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
How's it goin' Transformer Mann?
Thanks, Leslie, for the check-in. Been swamped in all areas.

Big stressors; one good, one bad.

Good = wife is pregnant with #4. THIS. IS. IT. Unless I start making killer money at something.

Bad = Got a "promotion" that makes me salary, but essentially reduces my hourly rate. So, I'm going to really bust it at work, get my job done faster, then start working on an new venture; starting my own business, getting independent.

We've been doing so good at being Every Day Active even with the rising heat. Took the girls swimming at the Y the other night and they totally started to own it. Brings a tear to this old Mann's eyes to see his daughters grasp the beginning inklings of the art of water survival It looks like a flailing cat, but it's just a few days in ha!

This week, I had my planned sheet cake on my daughter's birthday. Wow, that was sweet. As in, too sweet. As in, I don't know how much I want it anymore except to satisfy a mental urge... which isn't a good reason at all, it means I am chemically addicted to the sheet cake

Workouts = consistent. Swimming, Buff Dudes/Hot Chicks. I'm wrapping that up this week.

Diet = consistent. Not mindblowingly awesome, but had some great focused days with some eh days. More good than bad.

Two questions:

Definitely needing a "deload" or off week this next week, mentally and physically, from the hardcorez lifting. What is a good routine for an "off" week that still keeps some movement/lifting going?

After this week, I'd like to jump into something with a little different pace, maybe more of a heavy-lifting series for a 4 weeks? Or a 4-day-a-week, 20 mins a day routine?

***OVERALL, I've lost 10lbs so far since May the 4th. Inches are reduced, I keep getting told I look great. This may not be championship-caliber, but I'm a champion in the Good Lord's, my wife's and my kids' eyes
Old 06-21-2015, 10:41 AM

I may have missed the baby announcement, but congratulations! My just one more turned out to be twins!

Congrats on the promotion too and whatever big ideas are brewing in your now healthier mind! The nice/ unique thing about this community is that you can get help with that too!

I make a mean Chocolate Texas sheet cake. it is a once a year treat. Usually 4th of July. I'll be in a hotel this year, so no sheet cake!

Keep pushing. If people are already noticing, then the 10 pounds is small potatoes. You've obviously lost inches and gained muscle. I'll let the superstars advice on a deload program.

Happy Father's Day Matt!
Old 06-21-2015, 11:09 AM

Congratulations all the way around, BrothaMann!!! Stay the course!!!