TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 12:32 PM

Default Charles Mclaughlin's 12th TT Transformation Contest Thread

I am joining this transformation contest for various reasons. One reason is that I hope to achieve even better results than my first transformation contest. My second reason is to continue my journey of achieving the best body that I can and I truly believe that TT can help me do just that. My third reason for joining is to maintain a lean and healthy body. My fourth reason is to associate with others who are striving to achieve the same goal. My fifth and final reason is that I hope to place in the contest. It was a great feeling to place in the last competition and I believe I have a good shot at doing it again. I lost twelve pounds of fat and gained four pounds of muscle in the last competition. I started this contest on Sept. 17, 2011. I weighed in at 191 lbs with a 36.5 inch waist. Its not too far off from where I completed the last competition. I currently weigh 186 lbs with a 35.5 inch waist. My goal is to weigh 182 lbs and achieve a waist size of 35 inches by the end of the six weeks. If I can beat that then it will be a bonus. There is approximately about four weeks left before the end of the six week competition. I look forward to chatting with other TT members. Please feel free to drop me a line.

Last edited by Gorilla-Strength : 10-31-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 PM

Welcome back, Charles! It's great to have you here! I'm with you in that it's great to be on this forum with others who are all striving for the same goal, to be fit and healthy! Good luck to you in this contest!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla-Strength View Post
I am joining this transformation contest for various reasons. One reason is that I hope to achieve even better results than my first transformation contest. My second reason is to continue my journey of achieving the best body that I can and I truly believe that TT can help me do just that. My third reason for joining is to maintain a lean and healthy body. My fourth reason is to associate with others who are striving to achieve the same goal. My fifth and final reason is that I hope to place in the contest. It was a great feeling to place in the last competition and I believe I have a good shot at doing it again. I lost twelve pounds of fat and gained four pounds of muscle in the last competition. I started this contest on Sept. 17, 2011. I weighed in at 191 lbs with a 36.5 inch waist. Its not too far off from where I completed the last competition. I currently weigh 186 lbs with a 35.5 inch waist. My goal is to weigh 182 lbs and achieve a waist size of 35 inches by the end of the six weeks. If I can beat that then it will be a bonus. There is approximately about four weeks left before the end of the six week competition. I look forward to chatting with other TT members. Please feel free to drop me a line.
Good luck gorilla man! I see you on Craigs Facebook site. I am not on Facebook, but take a look at Craigs site every now and then..........Rob
Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM

Good luck G-S. We are here to help. Concetta
Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Hi Charles! Glad you're back!! You have some very good reasons to stick with TT! I have the same goal of "achieving the best body that I can". You can do it! Keep going strong and congrats on placing in the last contest!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM

G-S, I think it is safe to say that all of us are supplement free. I have seen some use of creatine and BCAA, but nothing else. I would never take any of those supplements. My $0.02, Concetta
Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 PM

I just LOVE Bill Philips! He changed my life in terms of the exercise world Oh yeah, congrats on the new TRX system! I tried to get it too.. maybe next time, LOL

Cheat meals and little extras do not allow me to lose weight. I have to at least stay about 90% clean for the weeks tally. I stayed the same weight when I did body for life last year, but I did go from 20% bf to 16%bf.. I was a beginner to weight lifting so I guess I had some nice new muscle to weigh. Sorry, I've never heard of the Anything Goes diet..

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks goodness that I still know how to do basic math. I didn't have a calculator near by and started crunching some numbers. I wanted to calculate the amount of body fat that I had. There were several formulas online that I tried. Each of them came out with a different answer. I used the United States Navy body fat formula, Hugo Rivera's body fat formula, and Tom Venuto's body fat formula. I was anywhere from 18% up to 21% which was different from an online body fat calculator that I have been using. The range is acceptable but far from what I want to achieve. Some of them only ask for two things such as waist line measurement and the amount you weigh. Some go into a little bit more detail such as hips size and forearms size. Which body fat calculator seems to be the most accurate online?
I wouldnt worry about which one is better. You have to choose one and stick with it.

I dont really rely on one personally. All I measure is the waist on a weekly basis, and as long as its moving in the right direction theres little point worrying about an arbitary percentage.

youve got your own goal waist and it might be better to focus on reaching that and getting there and below it.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 AM

I recently moved out of my apartment into the smallest apartment I have ever lived in. Its only 35 square meters. I had to move a lot of my stuff to my office. Its been a rough couple of days. I have only five days left for the competition. I kinda of regret not taking my pictures before I moved out. I haven't been eating well for the past couple of days. I might be able to get down to 182 lbs but I am not sure at this point. I can't even find my weight scale. Fortunately, I was able to find my workout clothes. I was doing so well at the time. Hopefully, I can get back on that horse quickly! I couldn't find my TT workout but I was able to find my internet modem. Life is totally different living without internet or cable. I watched a couple of movies. I watched The Informant, Oceans 13, and Adjustment Bureau. They are all Matt Damon movies by the way. If you want to know which movie I preferred I liked the Informant the best. I can't wait to see how the TT contest goes.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I recently moved out of my apartment into the smallest apartment I have ever lived in. Its only 35 square meters. I had to move a lot of my stuff to my office. Its been a rough couple of days. I have only five days left for the competition. I kinda of regret not taking my pictures before I moved out. I haven't been eating well for the past couple of days. I might be able to get down to 182 lbs but I am not sure at this point. I can't even find my weight scale. Fortunately, I was able to find my workout clothes. I was doing so well at the time. Hopefully, I can get back on that horse quickly! I couldn't find my TT workout but I was able to find my internet modem. Life is totally different living without internet or cable. I watched a couple of movies. I watched The Informant, Oceans 13, and Adjustment Bureau. They are all Matt Damon movies by the way. If you want to know which movie I preferred I liked the Informant the best. I can't wait to see how the TT contest goes.
Sounds like the hotel room workouts may be in order!?