TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
So sorry to hear about the crappiness you've been facing. This may help with the bank: http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com...k-fees-part-2/

Stay strong and enjoy the off week - you deserve it!
Thanks, Gerry. They told me to call back once the fee has been assessed to my account. You bet I will, too. I don't have much motivation to stay with my bank anyway (they closed my closest branch so I have to drive across town to do banking, they've had a few errors that have caused me inconveniences lately, etc) so I will definitely use that to my advantage.

I'm bad at visualizing where I really want to end up and especially at mapping out how to get there, which are 2 things I need to work on. That's my goal for this week, to work on the behind the scenes process if you will. How do you like the slow-carb dieting? That's not really something I've explored but I might be interested in it.

Enjoy your off week, too!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 PM

Terrific results Rachael, even after you trip to Mexico...You did so well
keeping nutrition on track....
10 inches lost from your waist is fantastic and shows...Good luck with your journey here on out, I know you will succeed at whatever you put your mind to....
Cheers
Ma
Old 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
I'm bad at visualizing where I really want to end up and especially at mapping out how to get there, which are 2 things I need to work on. That's my goal for this week, to work on the behind the scenes process if you will. How do you like the slow-carb dieting? That's not really something I've explored but I might be interested in it.
Take your time about where you want to be. For me, I liked the idea about getting a nice shoulder to waist proportion and the Adonis Index give me a definite shape to aim for. I like the slow carb dieting but I'm also someone who doesn't care about rice, bread or pasta so it's been relatively easy. I've found that bread and pasta can make me feel bloated so I don't usually like eating that these days. Dropping the sugar has also been a lot easier than I imagined. I actually like the taste of green tea and don't miss sugar in my regular food. The slow carb dieting in conjunction with regular fasting has really helped me.

My view has always been that there are many paths to the same destination when it comes to diet. It's a question of finding out what works for you. If you're after fat loss, the bottom line is to end up in a calorie deficit each week. How you do that is really up to you. Slow carb works for me but it may not necessarily work for you. I don't think there's a magical path.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 03-29-2011, 03:02 PM

Rachel, thanks for the kind words.

My fiancee is now scared, as I said I wanted to put on some "muscle" (maybe 10 lbs), and all she thinks is "oh no, he's going to look like a body builder".

Super big congratulations to you. Just amazing work, and proof that dedication and a plan can get you there.

I'm sure your boyfriend must be pretty happy with your results.

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Terrific results Rachael, even after you trip to Mexico...You did so well
keeping nutrition on track....
10 inches lost from your waist is fantastic and shows...Good luck with your journey here on out, I know you will succeed at whatever you put your mind to....
Cheers
Ma
Thank you for the kind words, Ma. I appreciate the feedback and support you've given, and I look forward to the future with tt and seeing you here

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Take your time about where you want to be. For me, I liked the idea about getting a nice shoulder to waist proportion and the Adonis Index give me a definite shape to aim for. I like the slow carb dieting but I'm also someone who doesn't care about rice, bread or pasta so it's been relatively easy. I've found that bread and pasta can make me feel bloated so I don't usually like eating that these days. Dropping the sugar has also been a lot easier than I imagined. I actually like the taste of green tea and don't miss sugar in my regular food. The slow carb dieting in conjunction with regular fasting has really helped me.

My view has always been that there are many paths to the same destination when it comes to diet. It's a question of finding out what works for you. If you're after fat loss, the bottom line is to end up in a calorie deficit each week. How you do that is really up to you. Slow carb works for me but it may not necessarily work for you. I don't think there's a magical path.

I also am drawn to the venus index; I've technically met my waist to height ratio and my shoulder/height ratio as well, but below my waist I still have some belly fat that needs to go, and I'm not close to my ideal hip ratio yet, but its something to work for. Is there any counting in slow carb? Honestly, on the DSP program, I have dropped rice, bread and pasta as well and it was also relatively easy for me. I've also dropped all artificial sweeteners and added sugar (only source is from fruit) and that really wasn't that difficult, but I feel like my body has kind of adapted to the routine right now and is fighting me. With DSP you don't count calories, so sometimes I know I undereat as I tend to overestimate my calories (I'm apparently opposite of most people). When I actually plug my food into fitday, it's not unusual for me to have 800-900 calories total for a day, and really I should be closer to at least 1200-1400; hence my curiosity. It'd be easier to reach those numbers with more beans (which in dsp are only incorporated post workout, she views them as grains, etc).

Either way, there's definitely no magic pill... but I'm working on making one so I can get rich Good luck, right?!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfeinstein View Post
Rachel, thanks for the kind words.

My fiancee is now scared, as I said I wanted to put on some "muscle" (maybe 10 lbs), and all she thinks is "oh no, he's going to look like a body builder".

Super big congratulations to you. Just amazing work, and proof that dedication and a plan can get you there.

I'm sure your boyfriend must be pretty happy with your results.
Ah, once she sees what 10 lbs of muscle looks like she shouldn't worry. I personally don't prefer the bodybuilder look, but I definitely don't think you'll look that way with just 10 more lbs of muscle.

Thank you very much; it's been a long road of discovery but it feels like it was a relatively short trip! I still can do better on the planning part; a goal of mine for the future.

My boyfriend is happy for me, but remains in awe that I had that much to lose. He's sweet, and obviously says he doesn't ever remember me looking like I had 20 plus pounds to lose! At least I can never question whether or not he loves me for my personality, because we were together through my heaviest!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Your before pics are very close to how I look right now, although I am 5'3" and at 128. My frame is very small and this weight is obvious on me. How did you decide which workout to begin with? I was thinking about BDHC or Hardcore Fatloss. what additional cardio did you add in (sorry it is all hard to find when your thread is 26 pages long, congrats on staying on top of it so well!)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
Your before pics are very close to how I look right now, although I am 5'3" and at 128. My frame is very small and this weight is obvious on me. How did you decide which workout to begin with? I was thinking about BDHC or Hardcore Fatloss. what additional cardio did you add in (sorry it is all hard to find when your thread is 26 pages long, congrats on staying on top of it so well!)
Hi Amy I asked for Craig's recommendations on programs. I was brand new to TT as the contest was starting, so I started out with the TT beginners, then moved to TT intermediate. Craig then recommended BDHC, which was a fabulous workout. It's one I definitely will want to go back to do again in the future! I might do hardcore fat loss after I finish Booty for Wife, depends on where I am then.

As far as additional cardio, for the first 6 weeks I didn't add any extra in, only the prescribed intervals, but I constantly challenged myself by increasing the intensity of it as often as I could (while still training safe!). Once I added in new intervals, I did some of the things from bodyrock.tv on my off days that count as additional cardio; I did some extra sessions of the already prescribed cardio from the workout (just alternating them every other day); I rode my horse and finally, I tried to run outdoors 1 time per week for a change- those I did a certain distance running then a certain distance jogging or walking for recovery.

I hope that helps Thank you for the congratulations, it has been very rewarding. I love how I feel now; I definitely feel better than ever.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
It's one I definitely will want to go back to do again in the future! I might do hardcore fat loss after I finish Booty for Wife, depends on where I am then.
I am feeling really slow! It only took me five and a half months to realise that Booty For Wife was a take on Body For Life. Doh!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver