TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Mmmm...I've really been loving protein pancakes. I think the only difference in the one I make is that a half a shredded apple is added in. So yummy. I've made it a post-workout treat. Pretty good motivation to get me through the workout! Can't believe I've come this far that the post-workout treat is actually healthy versus the old me where it was candy bars or mocha lattes. Worse, I'm excited about it! Some great recipes, thanks for asking Ma for them.

Hope you get through your stall and get back into fat burning machine mode!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Mmmm... those protein bars and protein pancakes sound good.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:52 PM

Pics are great. I can't believe how narrow your waist looked to start and now it's even more pronounced. Terrific results! You go, girl!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM

Default Back on Track

Thanks for all the great support, again

And thanks to Ma for the recipes. I will have to get that protein powder to try them!

So, I have started today with a new resolve (after a packet of the fun size m&m minis.... blush). Busy morning at work, and we weren't back until around 11am, so I just went ahead and ate lunch. Will try to get to 3 meals tomorrow- I think I had enough crap calories last night to make the calories about right without breakfast today. I we leave for Mexico in a week and a half, yikes! My weight has stayed the same, despite my eating what I wanted for the past 3-4 days, so I guess that's a good sign, I don't know. I made homemade veg soup and ate off that, so it wasn't bad for me, but rather calorie dense. I am going to stick to my diet religiously for the last week and a half before we leave for Mexico and then after we get back until the end of the contest. I want to see where I can get despite my travels.

In good news, my sister bought the basic TT manual after talking to me at the gym last time, and I ran into her at the gym last night doing her first TT workout! It was neat to get to work out together and good for her to bounce the questions I had when I started off me while she was there. She's pretty fit and has been working out a lot, just without good direction. She's definitely better than I am with cardio, her intervals were crazy better than mine, just reminds me how far I have to go... Plus another good thing is that she and her hubby are going to Mexico with us, and she is going to bring her stability ball so we can do more of the TT workouts.

I was planning on doing Booty for wife next, but CB recommended me to do BDHC, so BDHC it is! I guess I will do booty for wife after that- that'd put me finished BFW around mid-Juneish, so bathing suit weather for sure It's the end of May before pools and such really open up, so that's cool.

I have also planned my off day workouts, which I think is an area where I've fallen short thus far. Hopefully this (and my improved eating habits) will help me get back to weight loss. I'm also ultimately aiming for the Venus Index (Gerry is influencing all of us!) so that I have a concrete goal and don't obsess so much about weight loss. I've lost a bit inches wise since my 6 week measurements, but nothing impressive.

Well, I guess that's it for now. BDHC starts tomorrow... Workout with PT on Friday, so that'll be good for some technique for new exercises... plus she really pushes me. Today is scheduled to be an off off day for me (didn't have a set plan for off day activity) but perhaps I'll go do some intervals at the gym here at work. Can't hurt (and can only help after the M and M's earlier. haha)

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Venus Index Calculations

Okay, so just finished calculating my venus index-

Goal for waist should be 25 (I hope this is taken at the narrowest part of your waist or I am screwed- I think the smallest waist size I've had post puberty was a 28)

Shoulders should be 39.5 (anyone know exactly where this one is taken?)

Hips should be just a smidge under 35 inches (holy smokes! that's small to think about considering my genetic curse of a large behind!)

Ah, now to get there....

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 02-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Okay, so just finished calculating my venus index-

Goal for waist should be 25 (I hope this is taken at the narrowest part of your waist or I am screwed- I think the smallest waist size I've had post puberty was a 28)

Shoulders should be 39.5 (anyone know exactly where this one is taken?)

Hips should be just a smidge under 35 inches (holy smokes! that's small to think about considering my genetic curse of a large behind!)

Ah, now to get there....
Waist is supposed to be at the smallest part. And I'm not 100% sure on where to take the shoulder measurement - but I'd guess like around the widest part of the delts - that's where I'm measuring it anyway. I know they said it on the thing I listened to but I don't remember. And for the hips - they actually gave a range for it in what I listened to - saying that the waist to hip ratio (waist measurement divided by hip measurement) should be somewhere between 0.6 to 0.8 based on their research - with the most commonly given ideal being 0.7. But they said that that ratio was the most variable of the 3 and depends more on your body and your preference than the other ones.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Waist is supposed to be at the smallest part. And I'm not 100% sure on where to take the shoulder measurement - but I'd guess like around the widest part of the delts - that's where I'm measuring it anyway. I know they said it on the thing I listened to but I don't remember. And for the hips - they actually gave a range for it in what I listened to - saying that the waist to hip ratio (waist measurement divided by hip measurement) should be somewhere between 0.6 to 0.8 based on their research - with the most commonly given ideal being 0.7. But they said that that ratio was the most variable of the 3 and depends more on your body and your preference than the other ones.
Good to know about the range which really makes sense with all the different body types out there. I like using it as an estimated goal to work toward rather than weight since weight is enfluenced by so many things from water to the amount of muscle you carry. (Check out www.bodyrock.tv That lady is only 5'4" but weights 127 lbs. She looks TINY but is all muscle. ) I don't figure I'll come in dead on for the measurements but hope to get in range which is better than I've been for the last 10 years!

Awesome that your sister is starting TT workouts too. So nice to have support, especially when she is going on the trip with you. Sounds like a wonderful trip and you are going to look so great...how fun is that?

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM

Sounds like some good fun up ahead with your Mexico trip. I agree that it's great that your sister is going too and this will for sure be an extra help to keep you on track.

Those pancakes sound pretty bloody good too. I think I'm going to try this for sure!!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Thanks for the additional info. That all makes me feel better. I'm probably already close on the narrowest waist measurement then, I really have a narrow waist.

Also glad my big butt has some flexibility, lol!

Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Good to know about the range which really makes sense with all the different body types out there. I like using it as an estimated goal to work toward rather than weight since weight is enfluenced by so many things from water to the amount of muscle you carry. (Check out www.bodyrock.tv That lady is only 5'4" but weights 127 lbs. She looks TINY but is all muscle. ) I don't figure I'll come in dead on for the measurements but hope to get in range which is better than I've been for the last 10 years!

Awesome that your sister is starting TT workouts too. So nice to have support, especially when she is going on the trip with you. Sounds like a wonderful trip and you are going to look so great...how fun is that?
Great Link.... I'd love to look something like her toward the end of my journey- good to know she weighs 127. I'm 5'4'' also, but I think I'd want a little less muscular definition in some places. Definitely bookmarked the site though!

It's great that my sis is getting into it- She's more fit than I am, so that's a great motivation working out with her, especially for intervals. I have been doing my 3/10 at 3.2 mph and my 8/10 at 8mph- she does her 3/10 at 5mph and her 8/10 at 9.5mph!!! and she's 2 inches shorter than me!! haha, I told her Its a wonder her legs can go that fast!