TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 AM

Congratulations Robyn..........you did good.......real good....can't wait to see your 12 week results.......

Also Happy Belated Birthday, shrimp eh, mmm.mmm.mmm.one of my favourites. Did you splurge and have cake too????

Cheers
Ma
Old 11-08-2010, 04:42 AM

Congratulations Robyn, you did amazing and belated Birthday wishes xxxx I'm looking forward to seeing your 12 week results! Well done, Betty xx

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 11-08-2010, 10:39 AM

Congratulations! I also can't wait to see what you can do after 12 weeks. Great stuff - keep motivating us all
Old 12-05-2010, 09:19 PM

'What if,,,, I had to pull out of the contest?

Hey there everyone,

In the first 6 weeks of the contest I missed out on at least 2 weeks of workouts due to work injuries and in this last 6 weeks,,, well,,, I hardly did anything in the first couple of weeks following the break-in. Filling out reports, cleaning up, organizing another computer, getting a dog, having a high-tech security system installed etc. And being away from the TT forums didn't help at all. Then I put my lower back out for about a week. Then, (with 2 weeks left to go), at the beginning of last week I pulled/tore both my quads quite badly, (I think it was after a crushing workout and then having Cleo (my 55lb Canine) pull me roughly on the lead), and on that Monday, she saw a blue-tongue lizard and went vigorously to check it out,,, I thought I had her controlled with the collar, but she then jerked and I ended up face first on a retaining wall with my knee and elbow on rocks, mind you, I was still trying to control her at this stage,,, very entertaining if there'd been any onlookers. So down to the doctor,,, no stitches, just a busted up lip, chin, knee, shin, and elbow,,,lol. I managed to do a couple of mild workouts, but with the quads still really bad it's trying to balance resting them to heal, and/or keeping them moving to a point. And most times I put Cleo on the lead and take her outside, she tries to take off, jerking me in the process and the quads get pulled again. She is starting to settle down a little now though BTW, she is a beautiful (and very mischeivious) Siberian Husky cross.

Hmmmm, I just went to bring her in since it was starting to rain, and before I could get the lead on her, she took off down the street,,, oh boy, she is exhausting me,,, lol.

Anyhows, then on Saturday afternoon I took her to the dog park. Very long story short, my arm got in the middle of her and another dog, and she got me good with a bite on the forearm. Back to the doctors,,, tetnis needle this time and clean up and dress the puncture wound/s. I took some hydrated bentonite to pull out any toxins etc. from my blood, plus chewed up a clove of russian garlic, and treated it with tea tree oil, betadine (sp?), and diluted hydrogen peroxide. It hasn't got infected, so that's great, but it is tender and swollen in the area and with movement and lifting, as well as where I had the tetnis shot.

So, I still have one good arm, which means I can do some side planks, and I can cautiously do bodyweight squats without pain, and I guess some dumbell rows.

The thing is, I've missed out on more than half the workouts, and my nutrition hasn't been great for about half of it either. The extreme rotation diets just seem to mess with getting in the habit of having a simple balanced nutrition plan. I could enter the contest, although I'd have to go to extreme measures in this last week, and that to me isn't what turbulence training is about. So I am considering to just take the next few weeks to really plan properly for the next contest, and plan not to do any of the extreme fat/weight loss diets, except maybe one fast day a week,,, and plan for no more incidents,,, lol.

Til next time,,,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 12-07-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Robyn you really never cease to amaze me with the changes you make in just 12 weeks. How do you do it?!! What's even more amazing is you had so many obstacles in the 2nd half. Your mental strength is like one of the Furious Five's in Kung Fu Panda. And let me tell you, there is no cooler group than the Furious Five
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Robyn you really never cease to amaze me with the changes you make in just 12 weeks. How do you do it?!! What's even more amazing is you had so many obstacles in the 2nd half. Your mental strength is like one of the Furious Five's in Kung Fu Panda. And let me tell you, there is no cooler group than the Furious Five
Shucks,,, thanks sweetie. I seriously was gonna quite, but Jason and Dax Moy challenged me to go for the finish line. I'll have to get out Kung Fu Panda and see just how cool they are

You did great yourself! Haven't read anyone's essays yet, but I sure am glad that you ended up submitting your entry. I'm starting the next one on 1-11-11 which will make the end date 4-4-11,,, when are you going to start?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Hi Robyn, congratulations on your first place finish! I'm so glad you stuck it out, and I am thinking of that quote CB had on his facebook page recently, about how it's sometimes darkest before the dawn. Sometimes when you feel like your efforts have gone awry for whatever reason (usually out of your hands), you're right around the corner from great success! Great job and I am sure you will rock contest #10!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 12-26-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
Hi Robyn, congratulations on your first place finish! I'm so glad you stuck it out, and I am thinking of that quote CB had on his facebook page recently, about how it's sometimes darkest before the dawn. Sometimes when you feel like your efforts have gone awry for whatever reason (usually out of your hands), you're right around the corner from great success! Great job and I am sure you will rock contest #10!
Thanks Shannon. I still have your pic on my door for inspiration.