TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Talking 'What if,,, ?'

Hey there TT folks. It's great to be here in the TT TC#9.

The title of this thread conveys the challenge of endless possibilities,,, totally unlimited. There will be messages of simple changes/ideas/tips that can be quite easily implimented in most cases, giving hope, inspiration, and encouragement for you to be all that you can by taking just the little extra steps on the pathway that leads to success. Not just success in weight/fat loss, fitness, nutrition, and generally healthy living, but also in a positive go-getting attitude that you might not know you have inside of you. It may be like using a pick to chip away at a rock, and just as you feel like giving up, suddenly the un-expected burst of refreshing, cool spring water flows freely from within, and there's no stopping it.

So let's get started on this journey together and reap the countless rewards that consistency awards!

What if,,, it is true and possible for habits to form in 21 days?

I believe this is a great foundation to get started on. It would mean that in 42 days, the length of the 6 week contest/challenge, 2 habits could be solidly formed if tackled one at a time. And in 84 days, the length of each 12 week contest/challenge, 4 habits could be solidly formed if tackled one at a time.

The challenge is simply this, write down 2 or 4 simply achievable actions that would make very positive differences in your life if they became habitual.

It could be to put $1 a day into an envelope, (or a piggy bank if you live in a country like Australia that has $1 as a coin,,, lol). You could take out the money say every 3 months, giving you @$91, and either spoil yourself, your family, or a friend. Or better yet, invest it,,, even into the life of a total stranger in need without even telling them or anyone else,,, you know, one of those random acts of kindest ,,, maybe put it in a Red Cross collection tin or the likes. A great habit that will not only lift your soul, but the soul of another.

Or the change could be as simple as filling up a couple of litre bottles with pure water and be sure to drink both before hitting the pillow at night. That's definately a health improving habit.

Anyhows, I trust that those in the contest are persisting and enjoying the benefits. I look forward to sharing our successful stories.

Blessings of strength to you all,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 09-27-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Talking

What if,,, I took a progress photo every day of the contest?

It was on Wednesday 22nd Sept that I took the most glamourous 'before' photos,,, NOT!!! Not glamourous that is,,, lol. It was a shocking reminder that consistency is the key. So in the hope to give hope to others, and myself for that matter, I'm taking progress photos everyday, then at the end I'll have much joy in posting them in such a way that they flip through within a couple of minutes. Maybe I'll call the post 'Reducing Robyn',,,, hehehehehehe. Too funny.

Anyhows, it's something simple that anyone can do, even if it's on a weekly basis.

Say 'Cheese',

Robyn.

BTW, 'yep' I realize I started the contest a few days late. Just put off by a back injury from work, that's all. Still on light duties, having physio, and have restrictions on what I can do as the doctor ordered. Should get the all-clear this Friday,,, Yeah!

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 09-27-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM

I'm so glad you are in! A few days short is not going to keep you from your goals. The flip book idea is WOW! Do you have Photoshop or any way to animate it? That would be cool!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM

Hi Robyn, Yes I agree small changes can become good habits over time. I have a grocery list up on my refrigerator with the words "Water Log" written at the top. Every time I go 7 for 7, (7 glasses of water for 7 days) I get a reward like some iTunes music or a paperback. It's fun, although I could save the reward money for something bigger. I'm so glad you're in. You realize that the holy grail of transformation is continuing to progress for the love of fitness, so let's keep on going!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
I'm so glad you are in! A few days short is not going to keep you from your goals. The flip book idea is WOW! Do you have Photoshop or any way to animate it? That would be cool!
Thanks Naomi. Don't have one yet, but my tradesman is a genius with IT and setting up web pages, so I'm sure he'll have a way

Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hi Robyn, Yes I agree small changes can become good habits over time. I have a grocery list up on my refrigerator with the words "Water Log" written at the top. Every time I go 7 for 7, (7 glasses of water for 7 days) I get a reward like some iTunes music or a paperback. It's fun, although I could save the reward money for something bigger. I'm so glad you're in. You realize that the holy grail of transformation is continuing to progress for the love of fitness, so let's keep on going!
Thanks for your encouragement Catherine. I bet you feel better with just getting those 7 glasses of water into your system. Which program are you doing at the moment?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 PM

Hi Robyn, nice to see you joining TTC9!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-27-2010, 10:47 PM

Welcome back, Robyn! I've seen the daily photos done somewhere before, it's really neat looking in the end.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-27-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium0122 View Post
Hi Robyn, nice to see you joining TTC9!
Thanks Abby. Just looked at your 'Our Fitness Journal'. That is soooo amazing. Well done to you both. Am actually looking into doing the same kind of thing. Will need to see if I can record with my camera and then put it onto a website.

BTW Meathead, how many chin-ups did you do in that video,,, lol?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar74 View Post
Welcome back, Robyn! I've seen the daily photos done somewhere before, it's really neat looking in the end.
Thanks Evenstar. Great to see the familiar faces again, and hope to meet alot of newbies too Really gotta do this right once-and-for-all, and then never look back and never slip back. Have even printed out Craig's motivating tip from yesterday and put it up in 3 places around the house. Joining the gym tomorrow too even though I have a gym at home. Mainly for the social aspect though and also to get myself out of the house esp. while it's undergoing the renovations. Plus, this particular gym has a sauna, and I just LOVE saunas

So which workout have you started with this time?