TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 PM

Default Forward Momentum

I've been struggling to find a thread title that sums up what's happening right now for me. I've considered "living the hectic life" and the likes. But "forward momentum" seemed to have more of a positive note than the other titles I considered and yet still capture how TT is surviving in the craziness that is my life these days.

I started the contest last Saturday and have been soo busy since then. For contest #8, I was on the forums at least once a day and sometimes more often. This is the first time I've been able to log in in several days. Just literally N-O T-I-M-E.

So I am FULLY aware of why I had gotten to where I was before TT contest #8 - exercise was the easiest thing to let slide when your day is jam packed. I've been staying up until 11 or 11:30 most nights recently and I'm up before 6:00 the next morning. I'm a 7 1/2 hour sleep person, so this catches up quickly. TT contest #8 happened in the summer, which for me is a slow time since I'm off from teaching full time. In the summer I teach part time and work on projects for work and around the house. But August through April is my crazy time - alas, where we are now - and thus what I will be battling through for TT contest #9.

So, forward momentum it is. I have no plan to let the workouts slide even though 2 days a week I do them after the kids are in bed; by the time the workout is over it is about 9:30 or sometimes a bit later. As long as I can get to bed at a reasonable time one or two days during the week, I'll be fine on this schedule.

I've also realized that the Sat-M-W schedule was killing me with Mon being an "event night" for kids. The kids oftentimes end up in bed a little later, so workouts were going until after 10:00 some nights. Now I'm back to Sun-Tues-Thurs. Tues and Thurs are my busiest days at work, but I figure at least if I put my workouts on my busy days it will free up my Mon & Wed to get more other things done. The Su-T-T schedule just feels better to me.

My husband suggested getting up @ 5 am to workout, but with a 2 year old that oftentimes ends up in bed w/ us around 4 am - and wants to be near Mommy - it just won't work for me. When I get up, he gets up. So he's up with me most days before 6 am also (and wants to be held since he's still tired!). I won't blame the failure of a morning workout routine entirely on the 2-yr-old, though; I know myself well and have never been inspired - in my whole life - to get up early for a workout. I'm sluggish and have 2 left feet when I get up to exercise in the morning. My past success at morning workouts is a big fat zero percent. I remember one time I started to run and tripped on my own feet, turned around, went back in the house and went back to bed. That's the farthest I've ever gotten on a morning workout!

I wish everyone luck - I'll post when I can and read when I can, but even if you don't hear from me, I'm here and I'm working hard! My avatar shows my end results from TT contest #8 and I still have some work left to do to get me to where I want to be, so there's no room for slacking off! I'll post goals another time. It's only 9:40 pm now and I think I may actually be able to make it to bed at a reasonable time tonight! Hip-hip-hooray!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM

Thanks for the post. It sounds like you are taking a good approach. All the best and look forward to reading about your program when you can post.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 AM

Smile welcome back

Hi Heather,

welcome back, I was wondering where you had gone, was going to PM you and see how you were doing.

I pulled out of the last contest, due to ill health, but kept a close eye on your progress, you did awesome, well done.

Really pleased to see you back for #9, I am hoping that I stay the distance this time around and get to the end of the 12 weeks without any illness.

Weather here in NZ is pretty dire at the moment, lots of rain, storms and tornadoes! but am hoping I keep a check on my asthma.

just check in when you can, I understand the demands of a 2 yr old and at the end of the day your family is your first priority, but don't forget to take some time out for yousef too.

Cheers for now

Katie
Old 09-20-2010, 05:10 AM

Talking

Hi, Heather, looking forward to your succes!! You know, I've tried to run in the morning- got out of bed, then ran a few hundreds of meters, hit a few trees, then went back in bed and never tried that again. =)) it seems we have similar experiences with workoing out in the morning
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 AM

Good luck Heather :-)
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Heather,

welcome back, I was wondering where you had gone, was going to PM you and see how you were doing.

I pulled out of the last contest, due to ill health, but kept a close eye on your progress, you did awesome, well done.

Really pleased to see you back for #9, I am hoping that I stay the distance this time around and get to the end of the 12 weeks without any illness.

Weather here in NZ is pretty dire at the moment, lots of rain, storms and tornadoes! but am hoping I keep a check on my asthma.

just check in when you can, I understand the demands of a 2 yr old and at the end of the day your family is your first priority, but don't forget to take some time out for yousef too.

Cheers for now

Katie
Hey, Katie. I missed you in TT contest #8... had wondered where you'd gone then saw your note about your health. I'm glad the asthma is back under control. I checked out your thread and you look like you're on your way! Good going! I'm pulling for you to do awesome! And thanks for the compliment on my finish.

I read about your chocolate woes. We had to sell chocolate, too, for my son's school - 50 candy bars! We sold about a third around the neighborhood and then my husband took the rest to work and sold it there (restrained himself except for the last 5 bars).

I cannot believe how busy I have been with work lately! This truly is the crazy life right now. The first 6 weeks of the semester are usually the worst, and next week is week 6, so I'm hopeful the pattern is the same as before and things will ease up after next week. I'm really missing the forums!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 PM

Thanks Larmer and Ion for stopping by! I'm so sad that I haven't been able to keep up with everyone this contest!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:27 PM

So...here's what I've been up to and here are a few goals:

I've just finished week 2 of HDBC. I'm LOVING this workout. I messed up today, though and was going off the fill-in chart for my workout and realized when I got to superset #3 that I was NOT supposed to be resting between repetitions like the other TT workouts. Oh, well. No wonder it was feeling much easier than last time! Superset #3 of workout C, done properly, was much more difficult. And then the killer intervals...well, you have to try them to see what they're like! I'm not sure what I'll do after HDBC 4 weeks is up, but I snagged the deal on the platinum membership so I have a lot of choices now!

I'm starting to feel like I'm hitting my stride. I haven't seen any measurable changes yet, but I've kept my weight constant even with a few mess-ups in eating. I did ESE twice the first week but not at all this second week. I let my husband influence my decision on that and realize now that I need to override outside influences. See, when I started ESE in TT contest #8, I did it by myself for several weeks. At some point my husband decided to try it. He then joined me for most fasts after that. So, I was going to do one fast early this week and when I learned my husband wasn't going to do it with me, I abandoned the idea. Anyway, I'll learn from that mistake and go back to the go-it-alone mindset which worked quite well for me before. Internal motivation is much better than external, I always say!

I have a bunch of pretty simple goals. I'd love for them to be about things other than my body transformation, but with my time the way it is, I need to be realistic here. Craig's philosophy on goal-setting has already bled over into other areas and continues to shape my life, so I'll just be satisfied with the trickle permeation into other areas - so I have only body and nutrition goals for now.

Use ESE one to two times per week each week
Don't use ESE as a reason to eat junk before or after the fast (this gets me sometimes!)
Record food intake - did good at this in TT contest #8 but slacking off lately
Eat fruit and fresh veggie, nuts and eggs daily
Continue to avoid processed carbohydrates
Weigh in only once a week (I can become obsessive with this)
Goal weight = 135 lb (I'm in the 141-143 range right now)
Belly be gone! Specifically, the baby belly 'flap' needs to go away; I'm not sure it that is possible in the 12 week contest, but I know I can make further progress during this 12 weeks and it WILL happen at some point
Strong back, strong arms (defined)
Trimmer legs - genetics are against me on this (oh, why oh why did I get my Dad's legs?), but again, I will do my part and get to the best possible shape for me - I made progress last time and will continue the progress this time!

Alright, that's it for now. I'm off to make a green smoothie (gotta get those fruits and veggies in) and then do some work before bed. Work, work, work (and on a Friday night, nonetheless!).

Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 AM

Looks like things are going well for you so far. Hope the nutrition falls into place. Best of luck to you.