TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 02:43 PM

Default 9 Really Is My Lucky Number

Wow, look at all the new threads. This is sure to be a great contest. Just think, a six week mini contest to get everybody hot for Halloween too! I am so excited to be going after the last ten pounds that stand between me and my physical truth. Let me explain. There is a philosophy, I think it's Aristotle, that everything that exists in physical form right now is a manifestation of what exists eternally in its perfect state. (Whew, it's been 25 years since I studied philosophy.) I believe that I will recognize my ideal when I see it in the mirror and feel it as I move through daily life. I do believe that we fitness enthusiasts need to be cautious about not being lured in by a desire to get thinner and thinner, but I also believe that my goals are reasonable, healthy, achievable, and very desirable.
As of today, I weigh 123 pounds, and I will weigh 113 or less by November 25th, 2010. (Thanksgiving!) For the six week contest my goal is 118 pounds. I will be starting with the new Meatheads 4x4 workout, and I will finish with TT Adrenaline. I would love to know what your favorites are to help me choose an inspiring workout for the challenging middle weeks of the contest. I'm off to work out, but I will post measurements and more later. Good luck everybody, and let's have a blast blasting fat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT9bef.jpg (26.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM

You look amazing - I remember you from previous contests and seeing your pics then - and you were very inspiring - another 10lbs and you will be looking really fab!

Good luck x
Old 09-09-2010, 02:55 PM

So happy to see you in here again! You look so awesome. And the philosophy discussion is inspiring. I hope you'll be able to post more often this time. I love your thought process, Catherine. I start next Wednesday and then, let's DO it!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Welcome back, Catherine!!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM

Welcome back - I'm sure you'll meet your goals and become a perfect representation of yourself
Old 09-10-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Wow, look at all the new threads. This is sure to be a great contest. Just think, a six week mini contest to get everybody hot for Halloween too! I am so excited to be going after the last ten pounds that stand between me and my physical truth. Let me explain. There is a philosophy, I think it's Aristotle, that everything that exists in physical form right now is a manifestation of what exists eternally in its perfect state. (Whew, it's been 25 years since I studied philosophy.) I believe that I will recognize my ideal when I see it in the mirror and feel it as I move through daily life. I do believe that we fitness enthusiasts need to be cautious about not being lured in by a desire to get thinner and thinner, but I also believe that my goals are reasonable, healthy, achievable, and very desirable.
As of today, I weigh 123 pounds, and I will weigh 113 or less by November 25th, 2010. (Thanksgiving!) For the six week contest my goal is 118 pounds. I will be starting with the new Meatheads 4x4 workout, and I will finish with TT Adrenaline. I would love to know what your favorites are to help me choose an inspiring workout for the challenging middle weeks of the contest. I'm off to work out, but I will post measurements and more later. Good luck everybody, and let's have a blast blasting fat!

Congratulations on the 123. If I remember right, from past posts, you had a hard time breaking 126 or 129....somewhere in there, so that is great.....those last 10 are a bear.......at least for me........I just need to tighten up the nutrition (calories) a bit.........
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 AM

Nice to see you back again, Catherine!

I'm not sure that we will ever recognize our physical truth when we see it - unless we've also reached a point of mental truth about how we need to treat our bodies. I struggle with that mental truth, and my weight goes up and down as I fight with my body about what it needs vs. what I fool myself into thinking it needs. But I think you've reached that point, or are very close to it, which is why you are such an inspiration. Not just your weight loss, which has been great, but also your attitude and clear sense of who you are!

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 AM

You're such an inspiration to us all, Catherine! Good to have you in the contest again. I recommend the Gauntlet for the middle of the contest. It's almost all BW exercises in a long circuit. It's killer, especially the abs gauntlet workout! My favorites are always the circuits-Big 5, Big 6, etc. Good luck!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-11-2010, 05:16 PM

It's so good to see you back for this contest Catherine. I admire your determination to reach your peak - you're so close!

You already look amazing and have achieved so much and I am looking forward to following your progress towards 113.