TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM

Wow, you must be so rich to afford a trip to Abu Dhabi. Can you count me in?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdparan View Post
Wow, you must be so rich to afford a trip to Abu Dhabi. Can you count me in?
Far from it! I live in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi is a 45 minute flight away - it's like a bus ride. Last year, many people I know went just for the day - left in the morning and returned in the evening.

I've visited the venue though - it's spectacular! Some of the surrounding facilities are still be to be finished and it will be a long time until it's all finished but the Ferrari World amusement should be open this year and I'm looking forward to checking that out.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 AM

Post Week 2, Sunday

Lucky for me, there wasn't a lot of food when went to New York this time to visit my grandparents. This coming Tuesday, I'm planning to go try the Eat Stop Eat program. This will be my first time, so I hope I can do this successfully. For now, here are the results for Week 2:

Weight = 152 (+0.8)
Body Fat = 11.21% (-0.15%)
** * * * * * *= *17.04 (-0.14)
Lean Mass = 134.96 (+0.94)
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 PM

Late night eating has to be my biggest pitfall in my diet. This is the time where the calories may go above 500 but not more than my intake. I've kinda been closely watching my calorie intake throughout the day every time I want to gorge at night. Up until now, it's still a struggle for me, thinking if ever I have to compensate for eating so few calories in my meals earlier.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 AM

It seems you already know the reason for the late night eating. When are you having your last meal? You might want to increase your calorie in-take during the day so that you're not as hungry at night. Also, what sort of food are you eating at night? Another suggestion might be to have high-fibre food at night like fruit, veggies etc with some sort of protein - lean meat, nuts, seeds, cheese. You'll satisfy your appetite and not blow your calories.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 PM

Post Week 2-3, Monday

This will be my first try of Eat Stop Eat. Hopefully, no one's going to disrupt me and that I'll resist myself of any temptations around that can lead me to eat.

Just to make sure that I'll keep myself busy and away from eating, I'll start fasting at around 7pm which is time the where I'll do some reading homework for my school tomorrow. I'll be at school from 10-6:50 pm, so that's going to keep me focused mostly at my studies and not on food.

For those who happen to read this post, can anyone tell or give me tips on how to successfully fast in a day? Any help/suggestion will do. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM

If I had to choose between a bottle of skim milk and an ounce of almonds, which one should I eat after workout? Should I eat a food that's easily digestible like simple carbs? I mean after I worked out, I had skim milk for my carbs and almonds for fats/protein. That's gotta be a good combination for an after workout/my midmorning snack, right?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdparan View Post

For those who happen to read this post, can anyone tell or give me tips on how to successfully fast in a day? Any help/suggestion will do. Thanks.
Be in the mindset; know you are not eating until dinner (if that's how you set it up). Drink lots of water and/or green tea and other zero calorie drinks. Go about your day. If anyone asks, you can avoid getting into it with "I'm not hungry right now" so you don't have to be fasting AND debating all on the same day! Know you can do it. Be open to learning from the fast. I learned some cues that prompt me to eat. Mostly, the clock. Oh, it's noon, better eat lunch. Know that you CAN do what you thought you couldn't; you CAN get through all your usual stuff while fasting. Even food shopping or working out. I think of food as perfume if I happen to smell it on fast days. I sometimes hold my breath if something is super enticing.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM

Yeah, that's exactly I'm about to do later. Be busy or occupied with the things that I have to do tomorrow for school, and since I'll be at school tomorrow until 6:50, then I won't have to worry so much about food. What I'm afraid of is my stomach going to grumble really loud, especially while in class, or that my mind gets dizzy and preoccupied by thoughts of food. I know you've done fasting before. How did you do your tasks or activities while on fasting, and what are your strategies to overcome food cravings?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM

update: Monday, 9/13 - 77-78 pushups (2:03)