TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Cool Let's get into it!!!

Now is my time to change for good. My journey to a new me starts here.

Here's my info to know me more:

Name: Francis

Starting Weight: 154 - 156 lbs.*
Height: 5'9"
Body fat: 11.5% (based on averaged measurement on an Accumeassure skinfold caliper)

Interests:*
•History and English grammar books
•Surfing the web (facebook, wikipedia, ttfatloss.com and ttmembers.com)
•Soccer and Formula One
•Working out
•Eating well

Current Lifestyle: a sophomore university student taking a work-study job at school, and now has to make his workouts to fit in his busy schedule. **

Main Goal:*
•To be in my best shape ever
•Achieve 6 or 8 pack abs before the start of summer next year

Target date: December or January 2011

Weekly/Monthly Goals:*
•Lose 1% body fat and maintain it *
•To be able to eat the right foods and eat at least 6 meals a day.
•To be more active everyday*
Daily Goals:
•Always have a serving(s) of fruit or vegetables in every meal/snack
•Do chores or ride the bike outdoors on off days
•Eat breakfast upon waking up.

Major Issues:
•Late night eating/bingeing
•Skipping meals
•Obsessive-compulsive eating
•Can't sleep well
•Diet sodas
•Living a sedentary lifestyle
•Experiencing a decreased in fitness performance
•Don't know which path to take with respect to my height and weight; whether to lose or gain more weight.

Finally, here is my before photo:

Thumbs down to that!!!

Well, good luck to my transformation.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM

Post Week 1, Wednesday

I did the very first workout at the school gym on the first day of classes. The only problem was I did workout B instead of A because I saw that considering an A-B-A to begin with, Wednesday falls on workout B. I don't know if I still need to follow this pattern next week.
I ate my morning snack so late in the day since I worked out around 10, 3 hours past my breakfast, but I managed to eat around 11:20. Arriving at home, my 3-minute pushup result went down to 73 *from my PR of 80 reps.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Post Week 1, Thursday

Off day from the first TT workout that I had. Because of how my schedule has been laid out for me, I once again ate late in my lunch. However, it's not of a big deal for me; but what was a big deal for me were when I rushed my eating because my dad had to pick me up from school already and that my lunch was only a peanut butter sandwich. I still couldn't resist drinking diet sodas on some days, and I haven't had the time to ride the bike so as to be active on this day.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Post Week 1, Friday

Though my class didn't start until 10, I went to school early to work out in the gym. I ended my workout around 9:45, just in time to reach class. I was so upsetting that I missed my mid morning snack, and so I immediately ate lunch right after class. My lunch was this organic spinach noodle that I bought at the school's convenient store and a fruit cup. I'm planning to do another 3-minute pushup challenge later to reach or even break my PR of 80 reps.

3 hours have passed already since my last meal before dinner. Fortunately while grocery shopping with my mom and relatives, I managed to buy and eat this 100 calorie almond snack pack before dinner.

Last edited by fdparan : 09-08-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 PM

Post Week 1, Saturday

Has anybody tried to eat a champurrado with an oatmeal and peanut butter in it? That's what I ate today for breakfast. It's my heavy meal, and so I planned ahead for what I'll eat later.

30 minutes of fun activity: took a stroll around town with my bike. There were a lot of uphill climb along the way, but it was fun seeing new areas I haven't gone through.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Post Week 1, Sunday

My Weekly Weight Result

Initial Weight before TT:
Weight = 154.3*
Body Fat = 11.57%
** * * * * * *= 17.86*
Lean Mass = 136.44

Week 1:
Weight = 151.2 (-3.1)
Body Fat = 11.36%
** * * * * * *= 17.18 (-0.68)
Lean Mass = 134.02 (-2.42)

Problem:
Not eating enough to gain muscle and lose fat. Target weight for now on will be 160 lbs., and calorie intake will be about 2400.

Went with my family to the mall and shop for some clothes for fall/winter. I also went to Barnes & Nobles to read Brian Wansink's Mindless Eating, which I found interesting to read, and so I bought it. Everything he says in this book really reflects the ways we approach food and how we keep in touch with it. We eat more than we think we don't.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:44 PM

Post Week 2, Monday

School's gym was closed for labor day, but I managed to sneak in my workout at a commercial gym. That afternoon, I went with my brother, my cousin and his friend to kick some soccer ball at the park. We weren't that great at soccer, but nevertheless we had so much fun that we didn't even mind the time pass by. I guess we had played for almost 3 hours out there before we said enough.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Post Week 2, Wednesday

No school today for me, but I still went to school to work out. It took me less than 45 minutes to finish the workout, and then rode a bus and walked my way back home.

3-minute pushup update: Wednesday, 9/8 - 73 pushups (2:10)
Old 09-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Post Week 2, Thursday

Planning for the unexpected, especially with regards to diet, is the most important consideration to success and to reach my goal. This is what I've been doing for quite some time now. My schedule every Tuesday and Thursday requires me to stay at school until the early evening, and this is why I make sure that I pack my own lunch and afternoon snack in my bag. It may be time consuming to prepare them all, but at least I won't that worried or cranky thinking about what to eat next and then overeat, blowing all the hard work I've done in the gym.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:01 PM

Welcome and good luck! Looking forward to a big thumbs up in your final pics!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey