TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchocolate View Post
Good luck with your contest - i am also a Uk er so seems there are a few of us doing this!

Does anyone else from the uk use FITDAY? i am trying but having to manually enter most things is some of our products arent listed!
I'm from the UK too (Sunny Scotland :-)), and this is my first time using TT. Good luck everyone. I use the My Fitness Pal iPhone app for tracking my cals, you can also use this online, so you don't need an iPhone. Has a massive database, loads of UK foods, and it is very straightforward to add your own foods. Good luck!

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
I'm from the UK too (Sunny Scotland :-)), and this is my first time using TT. Good luck everyone. I use the My Fitness Pal iPhone app for tracking my cals, you can also use this online, so you don't need an iPhone. Has a massive database, loads of UK foods, and it is very straightforward to add your own foods. Good luck!
Thanks Betty - Ill look at that app!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks Betty - Ill look at that app!
Double thanks - just downloaded it - its great think it will be easier for uk foods yay!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
Whereabouts in Scotland? I think there's a mini British invasion in this contest!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM

I know how easy it is to get derailed with what life has to throw at us. I hope things go better for you during this contest. The fact that you're back for another go speaks volumes.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 PM

Default Day 7

Hi guys

hope eveyrone had a good weekend. Not sure where everyone is located or the time difference, but it's Monday morning here in NZ.

The weekend was challenging for me to say the least!

Sat - get together with football team kids at Mac Donalds - managed to resist - had a diet coke

Sun - football tournament all day with kids - away from home - took healthy snacks, nuts, dried apricots/cranberrries, in an effort to stay clean - but did have about 10 sweets.

Sun teatime - took the boys swimming, they had fun on the hydroslide, swings while I swam and did some exercises in the water - pretty hard workout great resistance

sund night - went out to the pub for dinner - I ordered vege burger (seemed the healthiest option) gave away my fries and battered onion rings, but did have 2 glasses of wine!

Monday - still away from home but took porridge to make for my breakfast - went for a walk with family, the boys had a sausage roll from the bakery, I had a black coffee.

Later boys/husband had an icecream and I did have a few licks and the bottom of the cornet with some icecream. I know this is not great and those few licks do count, but considering what I could have had, I thought I did pretty well.

Monday PM - went to gym did WorkoutA from TTK5 - home again and had big salad, jckt potato and cottage cheese for dinner.

Workout
Warm-up Circuit

o Prisoner Squat – 10 repetitions
o Elevated Pushup – 8 repetitions per side
o Stability Ball Leg Curl – 10 repetitions
Warm-up Superset
1A) Squat or 1-Leg Squat – 8 reps at 75% or 5 reps.

1B) DB Chest Press or Bench Press – 8 reps at 75% of the weight used in the “real” sets.

Superset #1
1A) Squat or 1-Leg Squat – 8 repetitions

1B) DB Chest Press or Bench Press – 6 repetitions

Superset #2
2A) DB RDL – 8 repetitions

2B) Spiderman Pushup – 5 repetitions per side

Superset #3
3A) DB Step-up – 10 repetitions per side
 No rest.
3B) DB Rear-Deltoid Raise – 12 repetitions

Advanced Interval Training Workout A -II (Details below)

all in all there were some slips ups,but not anywhere near as bad as it could have been. I had to sit and watch hubby and kids tucking into MacDonalds (although to be honest and not a huge fan of them). but I really do love icecream so that was hard, I could have easily tucked into the yummy ones they were eating and although I did have a few tastes, my boys were really wanting me to taste it! I feel like I managed damage limitation and did not completely lose it.

I am hoping that this shows up on the scales this week, but don't really feel like it has yet.

It sounds like as a family we eat a lot of takeaways, but this was a one off as were were away for the weekend. Generally we eat pretty healthy, but my downfall is sweets, and stuff like that.

Not sure if I will be able to make the gym tonight, I am hoping to get to zumba, but depends if hubby gets home from work in time for me to go. If not I will be hitting the gym early in the morning.

OK, need to go some work not, then off to check on everyone's elses progress.

Cheers guys, 5 weeks to go for the mini contest!

Last edited by galaxy : 09-14-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:53 AM

Well done - seems liek you have managed to make the best of a tricky situation and did really well with what you had - and still managed to be active too!

I know how you feel with the sweet things - that is my downfall too :-(

The scales or measurements will soon show - keep going X
Old 09-14-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Double thanks - just downloaded it - its great think it will be easier for uk foods yay!
I'm just finding my way about all the threads, I need to figure out how to follow you all! It's a great little app, I don't know how I managed without it, ok I do, manually writing everything down and adding it all up! How easy is it add foods though! My one complaint is it that it obviously draws on what other people enter, and watch out for this, most folks don't enter the protein content of food! I'm not too obsessed with counting at the macro level, but I do like to see that I've took in over 100g of protein per day. And I've been doing this long enough now to know what most foods contain, it's just a pain to have to add the food again, (albeit easy to do) with the full info....rant over, sorry, glad you liked it!

“Just do it.”

Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Whereabouts in Scotland? I think there's a mini British invasion in this contest!
LOL! Yeah, I noticed! I'm from Kirkintilloch and stay in that place, you know, what's it called? Cumbernauld :-S. Sorry, couldn't resist that one :-), in fact, I'm just along from the good folks at AG Barr :-). Where aboots r u?

“Just do it.”

Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Default Wednesday

Hi all

well didn't make zumba last night, hubby home too late.

But went to gym at 05.30am this morning and had a great workout B from TTK5,

Warm-up Superset
1A) Pull-ups or DB Pullover – 4 reps or 6 reps at 75% of weight used in the “real” sets.

1B) DB Floor Press – 8 reps using 75% of the weight you’ll use in the “real” sets.

Superset #1
1A) Pull-ups or DB Pullover – 8 repetitions

1B) DB Floor Press – 8 repetitions

Superset #2
2A) Chin-ups or DB Row – 8 repetitions

2B) DB Incline Press – 8 repetitions

Superset #3
3A) Inverted Row or DB Rear Deltoid Raise – 15 repetitions

3B) Decline Pushups – 20 repetitions

then did the Advanced I interval training which is hardout but well worht it.

Nutrition has been good so far today, but I am feeling a bit hungry. Need to post on fitday to see how manycals I have had.

Keep up the good work everyone, will try to post on others post.

Cheers Katie