TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar74 View Post
I usually get Fage or Trader Joe's brand Greek yogurt, they have 2% and 0% fat plain - then I add a little honey to sweeten it, and mix in some fruit or berries. But, if I remember right, you're not in the U.S., so it might be hard to find lower fat brands. And there's nothing wrong with full fat yogurt, I just don't eat it because it's higher in calories, and I like to get fats from a variety of other foods.

Most people recommend fats from nuts, seeds, avocado, and fish. Here's a good article about the different types of fat, and why we really need all of them, even the ones that people used to say were bad:
http://www.precisionnutrition.com/al...t-healthy-fats
Thanks for the info and the link, I will take a look, although it's saying I need to be a member to look at the articile, but will check it out.

I would prefer to have low fat yoghurt, I have avoided greek yoghurt because I know it's hight in fat, unfortunatley in NZ they don't have as much choice with low fat stuff. There is a lite version, but it has added sugar! So not sure if that's any better.

I am getting very frustrated at the lack of weight loss, am going to post on the fat loss section again and ask Craig some more questions.

thanks again for your supoort Cheers Katei
Old 10-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Hopefully, Katie, your pictures will show what you have been unable to measure so far. I'm hopeful of the same thing. While numbers have moved a bit for me, they aren't moving the way I'd hoped and expected, so I'm eager to see what the photos will show at the end of week 6 (I may even take them tomorrow to compare, as that is the end of my 5th week)!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:45 PM

Hi Katie, it was incredibly helpful to read the posts on the fat loss forum about your stall, especially the "Throw out the scale"' blog by Rachel Cosgrove. If there is anyone out there who hasn't gone through at least a few periods like this getting to their goals I haven't met them! Who knows how many people are learning something new from your experience.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hi Katie, it was incredibly helpful to read the posts on the fat loss forum about your stall, especially the "Throw out the scale"' blog by Rachel Cosgrove. If there is anyone out there who hasn't gone through at least a few periods like this getting to their goals I haven't met them! Who knows how many people are learning something new from your experience.
Hi Catherine

Yes I thought so too, I was amazed at that article, honestly my mouth was open the whole time I was reading it The support on the forum is fantastic t means so much to come on here and put your thoughts to paper so to speak, and know that someone out there will read it and understand.

Even if they can';t offer any help, it just helps to actually write it down. But so far, there has never been an occasion that I haven't been offered any fantastic/help and advice.

I am goint to post the link for Rachel Cosgrove under Hot Chocolates thread as I know she is going through the same thing as me, and it really does help to know you are not on your own.

It's also great that Craig has posted a reply too, which basically says keep on doing what your'e doing! That just gives you the confidence that what you are doing is right and it will show soon.

I am going to measure next week, myself and am also booked into be measured by a professional, I am lucky enough to have that resource at work, as I work in a School of Sport and Ex Science, so they train people to work in sport and exercise. So finally I am using the resources I have on hand!

thanks for your support Catherine

Cheers Katie
Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Smile Day 39 - Friday

Hi Guys

Well nearly at the end of the 6 week contest, I think I have miscalculated the days though, I started on Tuesday 7 Sep which makes Monday 18 Oct my day 42, so today must be day 39?! Oh I am cracking up, I have got it right after all that. I am having another blonde moment

As you know I am feeling frustration and despair at not seeing results on the scales. Last night I just felt like throwing it all in, but I know I can't, but I also felt like eating loads of rubbish as I thought "what's the point" I am eating healthy and clean and not losing weight so I may as well eat rubbish! Well I did eat 4 mini toffee pops, they amounted to 144 cals, so not the end of the world, and although I tried to open the big bag of chocolate buttons (my husband keeps buying these, for the kids but he ends up eating them) in the fridge, I just could not bring myself to eat them. I knew that I would have felt like rubbish if I did. But I was just feeling over it all last night and felt like pigging out. But instead ..........

I came on the forum instead to get some inspiration and distraction and I posted under the fat loss thread, I have had some fantastic advice and links to look at and I felt much better this morning. For anyone else who is struggling or does not feel like they are making progress, head over to the fat loss forum and take a look, there is some fab advice and help posted there. As Catherine said I am sure that it will help others out too.

Workout today was Zumba! which was really good fun, very hot and sweaty and I could really feel those abs working

One of the ladies who was stood behind me, asked if I used weights, and complimented me on my nice shoulders and shape at the back. Put a smile on my face and made me think, oh well maybe this is working.

Like I said I am still not feeling it too much in my clothes and not seeing results on the scales, but I am booked in to be measured next week, I will also take my own measurements too.

I am doing a fast today, so won't be eating until 6pm tonight, well that's the plan, aim for 24hrs and if I make 22 hrs that's cool.

Cheers for your support everyone, Katie
Old 10-15-2010, 04:53 AM

Hi Katie,

I found doing the first TT contest that I was becoming obsessed by the scales and even got to a point of weighing myself sometimes up to 4 times a day!

I gave up on the weighing thing and found it very helpful. This time out, I weighed myself on day1 to give a starting point. A couple of weeks later, I felt I'd lost some weight and was intrigued to see if I'd dropped below 200lbs so I weighed myself. (198.5lb - hurrah!) and I weighed myself after my birthday weekend (to see how much damage I'd done!)

When I weighed myself regularly, I was constantly tinkering with what I was eating, how much I was exercising - I got to a point where one week I probably ate only about 4000 calories - I almost stopped eating just to get the dial to move down (and I felt like crap too!) After getting a right bollocking from Sue (my wife) I realised how obsessed I'd become - I'm not very good at moderation - and so I aimed to weigh myself only every 4 weeks. I'm a bit more balanced in terms of my weight now but I still need to avoid obsessing about weight and just trust in the process.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
Hi Katie,

I found doing the first TT contest that I was becoming obsessed by the scales and even got to a point of weighing myself sometimes up to 4 times a day!

I gave up on the weighing thing and found it very helpful. This time out, I weighed myself on day1 to give a starting point. A couple of weeks later, I felt I'd lost some weight and was intrigued to see if I'd dropped below 200lbs so I weighed myself. (198.5lb - hurrah!) and I weighed myself after my birthday weekend (to see how much damage I'd done!)

When I weighed myself regularly, I was constantly tinkering with what I was eating, how much I was exercising - I got to a point where one week I probably ate only about 4000 calories - I almost stopped eating just to get the dial to move down (and I felt like crap too!) After getting a right bollocking from Sue (my wife) I realised how obsessed I'd become - I'm not very good at moderation - and so I aimed to weigh myself only every 4 weeks. I'm a bit more balanced in terms of my weight now but I still need to avoid obsessing about weight and just trust in the process.
Hi Chris

thanks for telling me how it was for you with the scales. I must admit I can get obsessed with the scales and thought I was doing quite well just weightin once a week. I think now I am going to go down to once every 2 weeks. I now there are other things to measure against but I haven't noticed much difference in my clothes or anything else yet. But I now I have o trust in the process as you say

by the way sounds like you have a very sensible wife well done on giving you a bollocking!! lol 4000 cals a week is crazy it's no wonder you didn;t collapse! But I hear you on the moderation front, I am a sort of all or nothing person. But I am learning!

Cheers for now Katie
Old 10-15-2010, 07:11 AM

Maybe is the day when you weight yourself not the best day in the week. During last TT contest I discovered that I weight the most on Monday and as the week progressed my weight would drop. Sometimes it could be more than 2 kg difference between Monday weight and Wednesday weight. Very depressing! Then I figured that it was because I was eating more carbs on the weekend and also had more strenuous workouts (long run) than during the week. Also my fluid intake was lower. During the week I'm at work and I drink herbal and green tea all the time so I easily drink more than 2 liters just during 8 hours at work. But on weekends I easily forget to drink and sometimes I don't even drink 2 liters during the whole day. How much do you drink? Try also with nettle tea - it has diuretic effect and it might help you if you are just retaining water.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM

Katie watie woo! Just had a catch up on your week - your grub and exercise have put me to SHAME! I really hope you see the results you deserve soon. will PM when I've finished unpacking/returning to normality
Old 10-15-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
Maybe is the day when you weight yourself not the best day in the week. During last TT contest I discovered that I weight the most on Monday and as the week progressed my weight would drop. Sometimes it could be more than 2 kg difference between Monday weight and Wednesday weight. Very depressing! Then I figured that it was because I was eating more carbs on the weekend and also had more strenuous workouts (long run) than during the week. Also my fluid intake was lower. During the week I'm at work and I drink herbal and green tea all the time so I easily drink more than 2 liters just during 8 hours at work. But on weekends I easily forget to drink and sometimes I don't even drink 2 liters during the whole day. How much do you drink? Try also with nettle tea - it has diuretic effect and it might help you if you are just retaining water.
hi there

thanks for your post. You are absolutely right, you weight can change so much over the week and the day does make a difference. I get weighed on a Wed morning as I also find that's given me a couple of days after the weekend to get my body back into the swing of things. Maybe Friday would be even better!

I also don't drink enough when I am at home, no probelm at work drink all day, but at home I get busy with the children and jobs and just forget. Mental note to make sure I drink more today, it's Saturday!

Might give the nettle tea a go, but to be honest just the thought of it is bringing back childhood memories of getting stung really badly by them and trying to find a dock leaf to rub on my legs

Cheers for now Katie