TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2010, 05:32 PM

This past Thursday was a rest day due to lack of time - had to take wife to airport early a.m. before work, work late, then rush to #4 child's "back to school night." Got home had small glass of wine and went to bed . . .

Yesterday was TT mass@home workout C. No wine (tend not to have any at dinner when playing single parent). Been feeling quite tired.

Today was erg HIIT with 8s hard/12s light intervals. REally good workout

This week noticing a difference in weight. Somehow I think I was measuring in not quite the right place with the Accumeasure to determine per cent body fat. I think it was reading too low before Need to get this straightened out. . .

Tomorrow starts week four of mass@home.

"Slow and steady wins the race."

My Workout Journal thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?p=137725
Old 09-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Start of week 4 on TT mass@home.

weigh-in this morning:
wt: 160.4 (-4 pounds for the week , -5.4 from start)
bf: 12.6%

I couldn't believe the scales this morning. I've noticed a downward trend all week, but didn't expect to end up with this much, especially after pizza pig-out last night.
The body fat % I'm wondering about since I still seem to have a bit of a spare tire at the waist. I wonder that I've been measuring not quite the right place all along for the Accumeasure. The problem is if I change now then it looks like I lost 4 pounds of lean mass over the past week, and I know that's not the case. Oh well, at some point I'll do a series of multiple body location measurements and start tracking those as well.

The biggest change this week was the 8s hard / 12s light intervals on the erg. Diet stayed pretty much the same. TT workouts were mass@home with weights increasing over the week before. Those quick interval workouts are really intense. I think for this week I'll do TT workouts on days 1,3,5 and the erg intervals on days 2,4,6 and have next Saturday as a rest day.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Smile

Today the scale read my target weight: 160 lbs.! (It did this while I was standing on it!)

Need to continue to lose fat and try to gain muscle.

Yesterday, workout TT mass@home day 3 workout (lower body).

Nutrition:

breakfast: 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, 180 ml chia gel (20 g seeds)
morning snack: 2 hard-boiled egg whites, apple
lunch: 1 chopped red pepper mixed with can of Tuna, curry ketchup and 20g chia seeds
afternoon snack: 2 hard-boiled egg whites, apple, "Pure protein" bar (chocolate deluxe)
dinner: 1.5 cups whole wheat spaghetti (cooked), 5 chicken meatballs, 1 small piece multi-grain bread, salad, 6oz. red wine.

Total calories 1967 (43% carb, 35% protein, 16% fat, 6% alcohol)

Today did erg HIIT workout 8s hard/12s light.

Working on which TT workout to pursue next . . .

Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb View Post
Today the scale read my target weight: 160 lbs.! (It did this while I was standing on it!)
ROFLOL!!!!!!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-29-2010, 11:16 AM

Good job hitting your target weight Art!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Good stuff hitting your target! So where now then? I guess you need a new target!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Waleed, Clare, Naomi!

I'll have to see if I'm still at that wt. come check-in time Sunday morning.
Now I have to see if I can continue to lose fat while gaining muscle simultaneously.
My ultimate goal (for this contest) is to be at 160 lbs. and 10% body fat.
This means I have about 5 pounds I need to change from fat to lean.
I need a modern alchemist

Did TT mass at home workout for Day 5 this morning. I really find that as the week goes
on gravity becomes more and more intense - the weights are harder to move for sure
Tomorrow is another erg day, then planning to take Saturday as a bye.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 AM

Crazy week this past week.

Got woken up early yesterday (Sunday) to be called in to work for a time

Weigh-in yesterday:

wt.: 160.6lbs
bf%: 12.6% (but down 1mm on Accumeasure)

Not a huge change this week, though during the week dipped down to 160 lbs. even.
Went out to dinner with friends this past Friday - shouldn't have had that ice cream cone . . .

This week started TT "buff dudes hot chicks" and started with workout C since I wanted to be able to do the timed bodyweight intervals when I had extra time (on Sunday).
THose intervals are killers! I couldn't make it through them all the way. Gives me something to work towards, though.

Good luck to all on week 5.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Weigh in (for yesterday, 10-10-10):

158 lbs. (down 2 lbs. for the week)
bf: ?

The good news is that I lost weight for the week. THe bad news is that I think I've been messing up my bf% all this time. THe spare tire I seem to have so much trouble getting rid of didn't seem to jive with the measurements I was getting (12.6%) with Accumeasure. So I found an online calculator relying on circumference measurements to determine bf%. THis came up with 17.8% (rather depressing, to have "gained" over 5% body fat in one week!). So went back to my Accumeasure, and I think that, over time, I've been measuring closer and closer to my iliac crest, rather than staying one inch above. I can pinch a little less nearer the bone, so my readings were getting falsely lower. So, bottom line is that my bf% is probably somewhere between 15 and 18%. I'll continue to post both methods from now on.

This past week was miserable with a nasty cold. Had to take a bye on Thursday. Got up to use the erg and just couldn't drag myself to actually do anything with it. The good news is that I made it through the first week of "buff dudes, etc." workout. Yesterday, started week 6 with Workout C again. Did the timed bodyweight exercises at the end and was able to do more this week than last week

This TT set (buff dudes, etc.) is the fourth one I've tried. I'm always impressed by how difficult it seems at first. I kind of get into a "groove" with a set of exercises and then everything changes and it's much harder for a while. (I guess that's the point of TT )

Was working last night. Off to get some sleep. HOpe all doing well as we start week 6. If I get up in time will try to visit others . . .

Old 10-11-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb View Post
Thanks for the encouragement Waleed, Clare, Naomi!

I'll have to see if I'm still at that wt. come check-in time Sunday morning.
Now I have to see if I can continue to lose fat while gaining muscle simultaneously.
My ultimate goal (for this contest) is to be at 160 lbs. and 10% body fat.
This means I have about 5 pounds I need to change from fat to lean.
I need a modern alchemist

Did TT mass at home workout for Day 5 this morning. I really find that as the week goes
on gravity becomes more and more intense - the weights are harder to move for sure
Tomorrow is another erg day, then planning to take Saturday as a bye.
If you're looking for "alchemy" try TT Adrenaline. IMHO it really works, and the Australian study that Craig sites in the introduction to the program is very interesting. Check it out, BTW I'll be using it for the final four weeks of the challenge.