TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 09:41 PM

You're on the right track with attitude and motivation to be healthier-and there is nothing wrong with just wanting to look and feel good too! Just keep up the good habits you're establishing and I'm sure you will reach your goals for this contest and beyond!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-04-2010, 10:27 PM

As I read your post, I thought, damn this girl is a clone of me. At least untill the Scotland part. But looking good in a swimsuit isn't as much motivation as you would think. I live i stinking hot Arizona and about mid summer your stop caring about how you look. It's too hot not to be in a bikini.

I think it's awesome that you're still not giving up. And using the contest and clothes as motivation is a great idea. Just think of all the clothes you could buy if you won :-)

Good Luck!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addieua View Post
As I read your post, I thought, damn this girl is a clone of me. At least untill the Scotland part. But looking good in a swimsuit isn't as much motivation as you would think. I live i stinking hot Arizona and about mid summer your stop caring about how you look. It's too hot not to be in a bikini.

I think it's awesome that you're still not giving up. And using the contest and clothes as motivation is a great idea. Just think of all the clothes you could buy if you won :-)

Good Luck!
Thanks! Are you entering aswell? I know, I'm going back to vegas in March and some dollars would come in handy
Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 AM

12 weeks today I'll be sitting rubbing my belly thinking 'oh yeah, I remember when this used to be all flabby'.

As extra motivation I'm watching the fantastic four. Jessica Alba sure has a good figure. Can't act for toffee, and the film is truly dreadful, but there's no denying the girl looks good! The dark haired guy isn't bad on the eyes either...

So tomorrow is the big start. The big strawberry tart. Because I have no imagination I'm just working my way through the TT manual, starting with the original workout. I'm going to post EVERYTHING I eat. Not just the ok things while missing out the biscuits That way, if I don't get the results I was hoping for, I can look back through my diet and try to see where I went wrong.

But that's not going to happen is it!? Nooo... no way hosey. I'm going to scare the crap out of those fat globules with my healthy eating and evil workouts. eek... this is going to be tough
Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 AM

Talking

Looks like you have the right mindset here to start this contest! Can't wait to read your journal! Btw, simply following the manual is a great idea, it has some of Craig's best wkts!
Tomorrow is my first day too, so here's to an awesome start!!!
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Looks like you have the right mindset here to start this contest! Can't wait to read your journal! Btw, simply following the manual is a great idea, it has some of Craig's best wkts!
Tomorrow is my first day too, so here's to an awesome start!!!
Ion
Yip, seems like all the cool kids are starting tomorrow
Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Yip, seems like all the cool kids are starting tomorrow
Darn right, tomorrow is the cool day!

You've identified what's motivating you for this challenge, so that's the first step; and many people find money/competition to be a good motivation. Best of luck to you!

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Day 1

Ooooo! Exciting!

Although to be honest, it's not been the perfect start! Uber stress at work meant I couldn't go to the gym (literally couldn't - when CID ask you to do something you can't say 'no sorry, I'm off to do pilates!'), and didn't eat anything between 9 and 4 But anyway, here is my food for today.

Smoothie
Sultana bran with unsweetened soya milk
Soya puff things, like protein rice crackers (found them in health food shop...)
Piri piri hummus
Ryvita flatbread
Pressed fruit and date bar
7 up free
Roast veg and chickpeas with couscous

Calorie count - 1239

I'm biting the bullet and buying 7up free for at work, rather than having a daily battle as to whether to get diet irn bru or not. I don't want to have diet juice in my diet all the time, but it will help while I'm trying to lose weight. And the 7up doesn't have caffeine or colourings in it, so there's slightly less crap than other stuff.

Oh and my tea was amazing First time I've had fennel - was well nice! I've also made some fruit/seed/oat bar things to have at work. They are sweetened with agave nectar and 3 tbsps maple syrup. They have flax, sunflower and sesame seeds too, so should make my hair shiny, or something like that.

Off day workout today so did a short kb swing tabata workout. Should have been at the gym at lunch, so was pretty mad I didn't get to go. The next two weeks are going to be hectic at work but I will try my best to get there every day to do stretching etc.

And I just took my pictures. Well, my boyfriend did. I'm still embarrassed They really are grim - the good thing is they are bumping up my motivation even more

Now off to bed said sleepy head.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
... THIS IS IT!

but not enough to put down the biscuit.
Thanks for the words of encouragement on my thread. I totally can identify with the above (though for me it's red wine and peanut M&Ms).

Overall, with time, it does get easier to limit these indulgences, but there are still times when the siren calls are irresistible. I try not to beat myself up too much when I give in. . .

Things I've found quite helpful:
1.) record and weigh/measure everything you eat
2.) record and weigh/measure everything you eat
3.) record and weigh/measure everything you eat
4.) drink a glass of water (500ml) before each meal
5.) chia seeds - amazing.

Good luck as the contest progresses and the days get shorter . . .
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
12 weeks today I'll be sitting rubbing my belly thinking 'oh yeah, I remember when this used to be all flabby'.
Thanks for keeping me laughing! Good luck!
My TT#9 contest thread