TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 AM

Cool In the words of MJ...

... THIS IS IT!

If I had a pound for every time in the last 14 years I've said "Right, this is it, I'm going to eat healthy and get fit", I could buy Microsoft.

How many Sunday nights I've vowed to be good starting the Monday, only to make absolutely no changes to my diet. Or how many different plans I've tried to stick to and failed. Or how many spreadsheets, notebooks, and wall charts I've made to try and chart my progress only to note down the same weight every week.

It is all a bit pathetic, and doesn't say much about my willpower.

So why is this time going to be different? Well, number 1, I'm paying for access to workouts so I'm going to bloody well use them! Number 2, I'm surrounded by success stories and really determind people on the forums, who can inspire me to make changes too. And number 3, YOU CAN WIN MONEY!

Yes, I'll be brutally honest; most days I want to be healthy, but other times I want to sit back and eat pizza. I don't have a natural drive to eat clean and exercise - I seriously envy the people who do! What I do have, is a natural instinct to shop. To buy clothes. Lots and lots of clothes. And unlike my desire to be healthy, this love of spending money NEVER goes away!

So there you have it; I really am that shallow! I want to buy nice clothes and this contest offers the chance to do this. I think the reason I have repeatedly failed in the past is that I want a flat stomach, but not enough to put down the biscuit.

I'm not medically overweight (just!), so I have no motivation due to ill health. I have a boyfriend who obviously has bad vision who says he loves my body, so no motivation there. I live in Scotland and spend most days in a cosy jumper, so no motivation to look good in a bikini.

I've not had enough motivation to make the tough changes needed to achieve a great figure. But an official contest with prizes?! Well, that's a different story!

Maybe after 12 weeks my mindset will have changed and I will have developed a drive to treat my body like a temple. But for now, good old fashioned competition will do just nicely.

So this time, definitely this time, THIS IS IT!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 AM

We've all been there: promises made in the morning, broken in the evening so don't beat yourself up too much on that front. The main thing is that you're doing it again and no, I don't think it's vain that you're entering the contest just to look good in nice clothes - if it makes you feel good, gives you confidence and helps your self-esteem, then why not?!

By the way, I'm a huge fan of your beautiful country (and Scottish culture) and have spent considerable time exploring it by train and car on family vacations with my parents...Edinburgh, Aviemore, Fort William, Mallaig, Inverness, Perth, Beaulieu....ah the memories...

I haven't been back for a long time but would love to take my own kids there some time.

Best of luck to you on the contest!

Find me on Facebook
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
We've all been there: promises made in the morning, broken in the evening so don't beat yourself up too much on that front. The main thing is that you're doing it again and no, I don't think it's vain that you're entering the contest just to look good in nice clothes - if it makes you feel good, gives you confidence and helps your self-esteem, then why not?!

By the way, I'm a huge fan of your beautiful country (and Scottish culture) and have spent considerable time exploring it by train and car on family vacations with my parents...Edinburgh, Aviemore, Fort William, Mallaig, Inverness, Perth, Beaulieu....ah the memories...

I haven't been back for a long time but would love to take my own kids there some time.

Best of luck to you on the contest!
Glad you like it! It has it's charms, in a cold, drizzly kind of way! Edinburgh is pretty awesome, and some of the scenery up North is quite stunning (if not a tad chilly!)

Good luck to you too I'm all excited right now, but two weeks in when I'm craving something sweet I might need a moral boost from you guys on here!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:47 PM

OMG, you are so funny! I can't wait to read your essay!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
OMG, you are so funny! I can't wait to read your essay!
Uh-oh... the pressure! Hope I don't get writer's block
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Good Luck, glad you took the plunge and joined, you will do great, behind all that humor I think there is a lot of get and go...........

Cheers
Ma
Old 09-02-2010, 04:11 AM

Hey Weeti

Im from the UK also so maybe we can do this together? this is my first contest so all the support and motivation i can get the better!

Sx
Old 09-02-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchocolate View Post
Hey Weeti

Im from the UK also so maybe we can do this together? this is my first contest so all the support and motivation i can get the better!

Sx
Deal! Where abouts are you from?

Last edited by weetamclan : 09-02-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Good Luck, glad you took the plunge and joined, you will do great, behind all that humor I think there is a lot of get and go...........

Cheers
Ma

Thanks Ma, your support is very much appreciated I'm sure there will be tough days during the contest when I will need all the good vibes I can get!

3 days to go! 3 days until my tastebuds get a nasty shock...
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Deal! Where abouts are you from?
Cool - Im from down South - Bournemouth!!