TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawn View Post
well i think what you are doing is awesome and what a way to start off this contest. i have no doubt you will accomplish amazing things this goround.
Gee thanks! I appreciate your support and wish you a successful and significant transformation yourself!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Well, Ramadhan is over and I can eat and drink during daylight hours again. Today is my start day as well as the second day of the Eid (pronounced 'eed', means 'feast' in Arabic) holiday. I must say, I'm rather proud of the way I've handled my eating over the last couple of days. Eating over Eid is lot like Thanksgiving and Xmas. There isn't any particular traditional food but there's lots and lots of it. What makes it even more challenging is that Eid is 3 days long - imagine a Thanksgiving or Xmas that goes on for 3 days! And also, people tend to visit each other during the holiday to wish each other well, so wherever you go, you will be offered sweet tea, nuts, baklava etc. It doesn't look or sound like much but after being to 4 or 5 houses...well you do the math. It can add up very quickly so it's important to pace yourself and be aware of how much you've eaten.

While I'd told myself that I was basically going to eat whatever I wanted, I just couldn't - and more importantly - didn't want to eat until I was stuffed. There was a time when I would eat until I would be close to exploding but this time, I was happy and satisfied with just one (and a half!) serving of my sister's and mother's excellent cooking. My wife noticed too and mentioned it to me when we got home. So with the family lunch out of the way, dinner was salad and fruit.

Lunch today was with at an Italian restaurant with my in-laws and it was the same again. I ordered a salad for the starter and a traditional personal pizza with topped with a good dose of spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms - and I was done. Dinner was a salad and fruit again and I feel just fine...no bloating, heartburn or any of the other signs of having eaten too much.

This is really encouraging and I hope the shape of things to come for the duration of the contest.

So, starting pictures have been taken and I am eager to get going. Today's activity was swimming with the kids as I'd promised them and I will be ready to start with my proper workouts from tomorrow.

I'm going to start with the workout I finished the last contest with - TT Big 6. I simply love this workout and I didn't do all 4 weeks last time so I want to see it through to the end. I'm not sure what'll I do after that so I'm going to take advantage of the extended holiday to go through the workout manuals and figure out my plan for the whole 12 weeks, so look for my starting picture and kick-off post in the next day or two.

Find me on Facebook

Last edited by wsarwani : 09-11-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:44 PM

Hi, Waleed, you did an awesome job with your nutrition for the first 2 days of the Eid!! I know that it's very hard to refrain from overeating when you are allowed to have a short break from a diet, so congrats again!! Can't wait to see your wkts!!
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 PM

Pace yourself Waleed!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Great job with your pacing/eating, Waleed!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-11-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
I'm going to start with the workout I finished the last contest with - TT Big 6. I simply love this workout and I didn't do all 4 weeks last time so I want to see it through to the end. I'm not sure what'll I do after that so I'm going to take advantage of the extended holiday to go through the workout manuals and figure out my plan for the whole 12 weeks, so look for my starting picture and kick-off post in the next day or two.
Congrats on a successful end to Ramadhan with excellent progress made on fat loss!

I love Big 6 too! I did that one during the last contest, followed by Big 5. Now I'm doing DB depletion. Next up is my first experience with a meatheads workout-4x4, the new one. It looks similar to the circuits I love in that it's a limited number of exercises, except done in supersets instead of circuits, but it does have intervals and bodyweight complexes. I love the short, super intense workouts! They are the best!!!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM

Waleed,
I answered your interval/bike question on my thread....Keep up your great work!!!..Rob
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Waleed,
I answered your interval/bike question on my thread....Keep up your great work!!!..Rob
Thanks Rob! I saw your reply. Still not sure how easy it is to change the resistance on a bike for such short interval times but like I said, maybe it's just an issue with my bike. I'll try short intervals on a bike next time I'm in a hotel gym with a Precor or Other decent exercise bike.