TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 PM

Not sore from yesterday. Disappointed I didn't push harder. Light workout today and pool on this killer hot day. Half the time spent doing maintenance but totally worth it. My younger daughter can finally swim under water and loves jumping in, diving for stuff, etc. Great fun! I brush the pool and call it not sitting on my butt. It counts, right?
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM

Anytime you're moving and not eating it counts. Welcome back, and isn't this fun?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 AM

I'm having a blast! Sort of sad it's ending so soon for me and everyone else still has weeks to go. I am not looking forward to the contest ending, not at all. My secret fear all along, as I have put away clothing that bags off of me and hunted down coupons for smaller sizes, is that it's all temporary and that without something hanging over my head, I'll revert to being over 170 pounds.

I love the new me! I want to stay this size and continue working towards my goals. I am a tad afraid of the no accountability thing, I guess. I wonder if I just need to always have some challenge that I've made publicly known in a safe place so I can keep moving forward. That does seem to be a winning formula!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-18-2010, 12:35 PM

dont put away those bags of too big clothes- git rid of them!!!!!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 07-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Did you get rid of yours? You are so bold. I am still mourning a dress I thought I'd never wear again, a designer dress from early in my career. A dress I could not afford and put across 2 credit cards. I apparently let it go just about a year ago after all these years.

I'm also mourning all the really cool clothing I bought from the last time I hit this size (which was then called a 6 and is now called a 4, isn't that interesting) for about a minute. For some reason, I ate only grapefruit and tuna for a month or two and lost a ton of weight but I had zero clue what I was doing and as soon as I went back to the way I was eating, well duh, that clothing stopped fitting. After a few years, I got rid of it all. I had money then so it was super nice clothing.

Also, I feel pretty darned poor if I get rid of everything that doesn't fit because that leaves me with only about $300 worth of clothing.

Baby steps, mama! LOL! Go easy on me!

I think I need thin therapy!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-18-2010, 07:46 PM

No gym workout today, just a ton of playing with the girls in the pool. That was in no way a workout but we all had fun.

Got my period yesterday and having a bit of trouble with food. Definitely more hungry than I have been so I've just gone right over my calories. I'd like to be done for the day but I am craving something so I might mix up this crazy emergency thing I do. I make tiny amounts so it's not a huge indulgence and it helps get me through rough patches like today.

Possible ingredients:
sunflower butter
coconut oil
dried coconut
xylitol and/or stevia
raw cacao powder
etc

I don't really like the sunflower butter that much so doctoring it up a bit helps me feel like I'm getting a treat and my husband eats it too. For my daughter, I blend raw almonds, honey and raw cacao powder. This is much healthier than the bars she used to eat. I have to stay away from it because of the honey right now but it is yummy.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Did you get rid of yours? You are so bold. I am still mourning a dress I thought I'd never wear again, a designer dress from early in my career. A dress I could not afford and put across 2 credit cards. I apparently let it go just about a year ago after all these years.

I'm also mourning all the really cool clothing I bought from the last time I hit this size (which was then called a 6 and is now called a 4, isn't that interesting) for about a minute. For some reason, I ate only grapefruit and tuna for a month or two and lost a ton of weight but I had zero clue what I was doing and as soon as I went back to the way I was eating, well duh, that clothing stopped fitting. After a few years, I got rid of it all. I had money then so it was super nice clothing.

Also, I feel pretty darned poor if I get rid of everything that doesn't fit because that leaves me with only about $300 worth of clothing.

Baby steps, mama! LOL! Go easy on me!
Sorry- didnt mean to be hard on you just thought getting rid of clothes too big would give you the accountability you were looking for.

YES - I do. I wore some capris to church Wednesday night and by the time I got home I could have fit another person in the back end. They are washed and in the give away pile.

If it doesnt fit what good will it do you in the closet anyway?

You are 5'11" and a size 4???? I cant imagine you having bulky thighs!!! I am 5' 7" and I could never wear a 4 unless i was very very sick. Just not the body type God made me with. A size 8 (todays) is as small as I need to go before I start to look bad.

That is what I love about when Catherin was talking about playing instead of competing. We are all so different- we all can strive for our own personal best!!!

I know ALL about those cravings!!!! uggggggg

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 07-18-2010, 10:32 PM

I have only been this small that once; I was always a size 8/10/12 and quite happy with that. I just have different ideals now. Partly, it's because of this belly fat that I want gone. And partly, it's just stubborn determination. I have it in my head to be ultra lean and really see what's going on once and for all. I have all these awesome photos of myself at 30. Only, I am no longer impressed. I thought that was my potential. My eyes have been opened. I'm not sure what my potential is but I am not even close. It's exciting, actually.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
I have only been this small that once; I was always a size 8/10/12 and quite happy with that. I just have different ideals now. Partly, it's because of this belly fat that I want gone. And partly, it's just stubborn determination. I have it in my head to be ultra lean and really see what's going on once and for all. I have all these awesome photos of myself at 30. Only, I am no longer impressed. I thought that was my potential. My eyes have been opened. I'm not sure what my potential is but I am not even close. It's exciting, actually.
It's good that you have so many goals. I have my immediate (today/tomorrow), my next week or the following week, my 1 month, etc. goals. I know we're supposed to put a date on each of our goals and I do my best, but some that I thought were long-term (down the line, 2 mos or more) were realized more quickly and others that I thought would be realized quickly are still in the works. But I'm learning how to gauge better. And I agree w/ your assertion (to paraphrase) that this is only the beginning of what WILL come in our transformations if we keep up the work that we've started here... I am also thinking that I will sign on for the next contest (as my time in this one is almost up - so sad). It really is a great motivator.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM

Yeah, nod, nod, already thinking about the next contest! I like being held accountable! I will be creating other challenges and deadlines for myself to keep on track. I don't have specific deadlines attached to goals like you do; that document I've had called "body fat down to 20%" is well over a year old and most of the progress happened in the last few weeks. I figured I was capable of this because a friend lost 100 pounds in 7 months and went right on down to 15% body fat within a year.
My TT#9 contest thread