TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalveg View Post
Hey Naomi! I like your philosophy for off days!! That's great!
You are looking awesome, keep up the great work!
Aw, thanks! Now to get back to Naomi's Philosphy of Sleep, which is: Do it! It is no coincidence that when I worked out how to overcome the stress in my life that was waking me with anxiety attacks, the fatloss finally fell into place. Right now, I fear I am fighting what my husband has. My brain hurts. Literally. I have been staving off a headache with water for 3 days now. I don't tend to take drugs of any sort (except homeopathy...hmmm...perhaps that is what I need to do now. Why do I always remember to treat everyone except myself?) My brain starts to feel like it's shrinking. Between the headache, thirst and trips to the bathroom, I'm not sleeping that well. The mind does tend to get noisy when I wake at night and my usual meditation tricks are not working now. It is so important for me to get sleep. Not only does the body restore and detox at night, but I am so useless when I don't. I have given up caffeine so without sleep, I can't seem to get up and going. And caffeine does not help as it just prolongs the bad sleep and restarts the cycle. So I'm hanging out, having some water, thinking about a snack, and knowing I'm going back to bed shortly for at least another hour. It's going to be a busy day and I need to be at my best. If I can't sleep now, I can fit in a nap at midday. I must get my sleep account balanced.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 AM

You are so right Naomi- sleep IS so important! I hope you got back to sleep and wake feeling much better!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 07-14-2010, 05:36 PM

Talking I quit!!!!

I totally quit! No need to go on. I've had a document called "Body fat down to 20%" that I started keeping body fat results in well over a year ago. Last test, 3 weeks ago, still over 23%. Discouraging; results were moving so slowly.

Today, I hit it! I'm done. Gonna put my feet up now. Hit my goals. All set.

Yeah. Right. Took me about a second to set my next goal at 18%. I am stoked! This is a major milestone for me and it hasn't really sunk in yet. I am thrilled at the progress in the last few weeks and clearly it's partly down to the tt workouts because that is just not what I was getting before.

Walking on air today!!!!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 PM

Buff Dudes hot chicks workout B
pullups slightly improving. Rested toes on stool and did 4 for warmup sets. Did 8 negatives X 3
flat bench 30 lb dumbbells w/spot. Can't get that 1st lift solo

row and incline press stuck with 30s, spot needed on 1st rep and asked for spot right the way thru because shoulder scares me a bit

1 arm shoulder press 20 lb. Got heavy by 3rd set. Was able to self spo and cheat 1st 2 sets but spot helped keep shoulder safe 3rd set
8/10/11 Reps decline pushups but am not going all that low, still need to baby that shoulder. Did incline pushups during warmup to take some weight off and all was good.
Curls were only 15 lbs. Too light but 20 too heavy for 10 reps. Wish there were weights between. So did not get much out of the curls but form was solid.

Interval workout B. Spin class using bikes so used the elliptical with handles. First time doing intervals on that. Not bad for these. Quick to change speed and I can hit an 8 out of 10 if I crank
up the arm work. Fun and quick workout. Some stretching for 5 minutes.

Goal was to push harder and request spot to push me and I did that. Solid workout. Up to 1500 calories so far. Will have some fruit and my fish oil and call it close enough.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-15-2010, 11:52 AM

I love my gym. It's the best gym in the world. It has classes for my kids, all included with our membership! So today, while my younger daughter was at a class, I did some long boring cardio while listening to Craig's podcasts.

Today, after the thing I call the escalator, I got on the treadmill just as Zack Evenesh was starting and suddenly, I could not just walk on an incline. With him going on about making a playground out of everything, I just had to mix it up. So the 10 minutes of walking turned into a 15 degree incline with giant steps, staying low the whole time.

After that, I did a machine my husband makes fun of. In fact, I've only ever seen old people use it, and they usually shuffle off wheel chairs. Whatever. I got the middle machine between two elderly people and arm pedaled away. Or whatever it's called. All I know is you can increase the resistance and change directions, and there is just not a lot of cardio equipment out there that does upper body.

So, my 30 minutes are done, would not say it was fun, but it beat sitting around while my daughter was in her gym class, and I got to listen to podcasts.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Congrats on hitting your goal. You had me scared for a second there lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
I totally quit! No need to go on. I've had a document called "Body fat down to 20%" that I started keeping body fat results in well over a year ago. Last test, 3 weeks ago, still over 23%. Discouraging; results were moving so slowly.

Today, I hit it! I'm done. Gonna put my feet up now. Hit my goals. All set.

Yeah. Right. Took me about a second to set my next goal at 18%. I am stoked! This is a major milestone for me and it hasn't really sunk in yet. I am thrilled at the progress in the last few weeks and clearly it's partly down to the tt workouts because that is just not what I was getting before.

Walking on air today!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalveg View Post
Congrats on hitting your goal. You had me scared for a second there lol!
Thanks for playing along! It's really kind of fun to post here. I normally post my workout stuff on FaceBook but I get met with blank stares and the sound of crickets chirping so I finally cut way back.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Thanks for playing along! It's really kind of fun to post here. I normally post my workout stuff on FaceBook but I get met with blank stares and the sound of crickets chirping so I finally cut way back.
Who needs Facebook when you have us as an audience? :-)
Old 07-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Late Congrats on taking 2nd place in the 5 week contest. You look great and I can tell you worked hard. Way to go!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Thanks, Shanda.

Just came back from a Mind over Matter workout. My plan for the end is to increase calories and work harder, so that's what I'm doing. Only, I didn't get enough sleep last night and I had a day full of errands so by the time my husband was ready to go to the gym, I was dragging.

It was workout C in the Buff Dudes Hot Chicks, followed by intervals.
My knees still bothered me a bit so I could not go deep on the lunges. For the last few weeks, they were good. But I've upped the weight so maybe it's related. No. It hurt during the warmup lunges. Anyway, I did 15 lb dumbbells for the warmup and then 30s for the lunges and RDL. 25 for the rows. Could probably have done 30 except my hands really just could not hold them any more. I am going to have to buy new straps. I can only find one.

I feel like my thighs are bulking. In my late 30s, I went totally into body building mode for legs. They were massive. I used to do legpress with every plate the machine could hold. Took me maybe a year to get there. I guess it was a personal challenge. Then I stopped doing legs altogether and they took a few years to shrink down. Maybe they remember this? I'd rather they stay slim so I am not sure what to do here. I don't want body builder legs again. I do want to let those nice large muscles burn off the rest of my belly fat.

Anyway, onto the intervals. The Friday intervals are all body weight stuff. I could not do it at all the 1st week because my shoulder was in agony. I did regular intervals instead at Craig's suggestion. Last week, I made up my own intervals. Did Tabata for about 10 minutes. Stuff like jump rope, shuttle sprints and kettlebell swings (with dumbbell). This week, I was determined to get thru the intervals as written but I knew I'd need some breaks. I took about 30 seconds after all the squats, another 30 after the planks, and I didn't do any of the pushups. I did swings instead. The side planks were more than enough for my shoulder. I could not do all the planks right through. Definitely need to work more there. One of Craig's podcasts, he said he did a 2 minute 40 second plank. Yeah. 30 seconds is still tough, thank you. I need to focus more on increasing my plank time.

The weights part of the workout was not fun. If I had not made an agreement with myself to really push it, I would have let myself off the hook with light weights today. The intervals were fine, but definitely harder than I can do without breaks at this point.

Tomorrow, one of my daughters has an hour long class at the gym so I'll be doing some light cardio with good music. I'd much rather walk outside but it's too humid this time of year. Then it's family pool time!
My TT#9 contest thread