TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Can't figure out how to get my pictures to show. For some reason my server isn't allowing it. Sorry! I had to email them to Craig. I finally figured out the picture thing. They are inserted below although they were emailed earlier.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!

Last edited by momof4 : 07-03-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM

Default Stan's Back

Like so many stories, mine is one of a body neglected an left to deteriorate over many years, until one day, one looks in the mirror and says “NO MORE”

The neglect started 25 years ago, just after I came out of the army, where I was in peak physical shape, being young and naďve, I would look at overweight people with disdain, of course I could live as I please, I am in top shape and that will never happen to me.
Being young and free, having just come out of the army, spending 3 years on the border in the bush war, it was time to party.
Within a year, too much food, beer and partying already started to show as the weight started packing on; I ignored it at first, looser clothes kept it “out of side, out of mind” so to speak.
Eventually one reaches a point where you can ignore it no longer, and so began a 25 year rollercoaster of fad diets, old wives remedies and even more ridiculous exercise routines, none of which lasted any substantial length of time.
With every new fad came the excitement and expectation of a transformation back to my old self, of course none of these “so called” fads delivered any results, so followed disappointment and disillusion, back to eating unhealthy, and sitting around, putting on even more weight, just to worsen the situation.
As a professional pilot and flight instructor, my job is only as secure as my next medical examination, passing these was now teetering on the brink, my blood pressure had risen through the roof, to 190/140 at one stage, I went onto hypertension protocol to control the blood pressure, had constant headaches and was going through headache tablets like sweet every day.
My cholesterol was way off the scale, and the doctor warned me, that I was a prime candidate for diabetes; this would have meant the loss of my medical immediately, and thus me without a job or income.
I was also suffering from chronic sleep apnea, leaving me exhausted and falling asleep during the day.
Being the proud father of a wonderful 5 year old son, it was time to take stock, as I did certainly not want to orphan him at such an early age, as he is everything in my life.

Enter Craig Ballantyne and his excellent “Turbulence Training” program, although I was immediately excited by what I saw and although I could not really afford it, I signed up, I figured it was cheaper than a funeral.

I can not even begin to describe how “Turbulence Training” has changed my life, after only five short weeks, I have lost 23lbs and 3% of my body fat, although, like an iceberg, this is only the tip, the bulk below the waterline is far more vast.
Since I started the “Turbulence Training” program, I have not had a headache or headache tablet in over a month, my sleep apnea has abated and I sleep well at night
My blood pressure has dropped, and I plan to be off the medication in 6 months.
My energy levels as well as my mental sharpness have increased dramatically.

“Turbulence Training” is a life changing program that incorporates not only diet and exercise but a solid background of encouragement and support that makes it easy to keep your headspace in the right frame of mind.
Thank you Craig, you have literally saved my life, and given me an out look on it that I have not known for 20 years.

Although I officially started the program on the 25 May, I could not get my hands on a newspaper until the 28th, by which time I had already lost 6.6lbs, so I will have to forego those.

Start
28 May 2010
Weight 336.16lbs
Body fat% 45.3
BMI 46

End
1 July 2010
Weight 319.44lbs
Body fat% 41.5
BMI 42

Score
Weight 16.72lbs loss
Body fat% 3.8% loss
BMI 4.5 decrease
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT Transformation1.JPG (37.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg TT Transformation2.JPG (43.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Default 5 weeks into my new life

Wow, 5 weeks already. I can't believe how time flies, even when you're not having fun. However, this time around I have to say that I'm having a blast.

I started this transformation as a last resort in my weight battle. I have literally felt crazy over the past 2 years, jumping from one diet/fad to another with no results. I was so caught up in trying to be perfect that I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. One extreme to another just made me heavier and heavier and I lost myself as a person. Food became the best friend that was literally ruining my life. I would abuse it like an alcoholic would abuse alcohol. I coulnd't get enough sugar in me either. I would binge so bad some days that I could barely roll off the couch to go to sleep. In bed my heart would thump as I tried to sleep, very uncomfortably.

I finally made the decision to attack my issue from the inside out. The day I signed up for this contest is also the day I began some councelling that is helping me deal with things that have happened to me in the past - the root of my troubles. My "shrink" is putting me through an emotional roller coaster but everyday is better. I can't believe I didn't face my problems years ago! I also consulted a nutritionist that has put together a fantastic plan for me. Turns out, I was severely undereating and that was shutting me down. Those two things in combination with TT have literally changed my life over these past 5 weeks. I'm being patient with changes that I want to see happen but most importantly, I am living a life not controlled by what I eat or don't eat. I no longer abuse food and myself for that matter. I feel as though I have purpose and control over myself and my life for the first time in years. For that I have all of you to thank. I wouldn't be here without your support. I haven't posted much but I always read what you all have to say and "listen" to the advise.

Good luck to all of you during the rest of your transformation. Stay strong and motivated. Without some failure along the way, you cannot succeed.

Agnes

Before weight 61.5 kg's
* I am currently out of town. My measurements are at my gym back home so I will post those in my thread on Monday.

After weight 58.5 kg's

My weight loss isn't stellar but I'm lifting heavy and have put on muscle. The number is really the least of my concern. I simply want to look great and in that respect, a picture says a thousand words.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02999(comp).jpg (42.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03017(comp).jpg (50.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 AM

These final days are so exciting! It is amazing to see pictures and look at stats and realize how much your body can change in 5 weeks. These past 5 weeks flew by, but yet changes were made. I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks which threw in challenges as far as eating and workouts, but it is so easy to do TT workouts wherever you are. And the workouts are not so hard to fit into a vacation schedule either.

As far as workout, I used Booty for Wife. I loved these workouts! I can tell that my legs and arms firmed up a lot. I did all of the workouts in my home. My boys did many of them with me. My 4 year old son just had swimming lessons this past week. The instructor told him that he couldn’t float because he had too much muscle! They called him muscle man. I wanted to tell her about all the bird dogs and bridges he does with me I love the fact that my children are learning the importance of good health by watching me workout.
I am using Cheat Your Way Thin for my diet. I really like this diet. You cycle your carbs, have cheat days and fast days.
After 5 weeks of TT and a healthy diet, I dropped a pants size, lost 6 1/2 pounds, and lost inches.

I will be honest and say that I would prefer to skip my workouts. It would be so easy for me to get out of the habit of exercising and eating healthy. But I know that I WILL see results. And the more I do TT, the more I find I enjoy it. If I didn't see results, I wouldn't do it. I have 4 boys who keep me busy, so my time is valuable. But every time I do TT, I see results, and I love GOOD RESULTS!!!

I can hardly wait to see how far TT can take me!

Starting weight: 177
Ending weight: 170.5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (70.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg side.jpg (56.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (65.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by shandajoy : 07-03-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:19 AM

I coldn't figure out how to do this earlier, so I emailed my photos. The sad thing is I wasn't even pushing my stomach out. My essay is the last on page one. Here are my before shots taken on May 31st.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front_Before May 31 2010.jpg (43.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg back_before may 31 2010.jpg (43.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg side_before May 31 2010.jpg (42.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg side2_before may 31 2010.jpg (45.0 KB, 10 views)
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Last edited by momof4 : 07-03-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:20 AM

Here are my after taken on July 2nd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front_after July 2 2010.jpg (48.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg back_after july 2 2010.jpg (43.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg side_after july 2 2010.jpg (46.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg side2_after July 2 2010.jpg (44.6 KB, 20 views)