TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Default 5-week Contest Official Entries

That was quick, wasn't it?

You can submit your entry to the 5-week mini-contest here. Can't wait to see your results.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be deleted.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

And stay strong for those final 7 weeks.

Your friend,

Craig
Old 06-08-2010, 09:17 AM

Default Official Entry

I started this Transformation Contest with the hope of losing fat and gaining muscle. I’ve achieved that goal, however it’s just a start. With turbulence training I’ve been able to add weight lifting back into my workout regimen in an intelligent and balanced way. Turbulence Training has made me a more well rounded athlete with intense workout choices that fit my level as well as a multitude of choices for all other levels both above and below where I’m at. Before this contest I was simply a martial artist who hadn’t lifted weights in years, now I can see the results every time I fight and every time I train with my students, my strength has increased, my endurance has increased dramatically and losing weight has made me faster.

I’ve tried many exercise programs and this is by far the most well rounded and realistic. It’s scientifically backed, there are no wasted movements or exercises that look good but don’t accomplish anything. I don’t have free time, between my training, my family and my career, free time doesn’t exist. But this training takes what time I give it and makes the most of it in every session. There’s also a great amount of variety in training choices, with so many workout programs you can keep your body guessing and never let yourself stagnate. It’s the most efficient and logically driven program out there. Combined with a proper diet this exercise program will achieve results with less time spent at the gym than any other program I’ve ever tried. I would recommend Turbulence Training for anyone looking to lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time. My results speak for themselves, in 5 Weeks, I lost 10 lbs, I also lost 2” on my waist and gained 2” on my chest, that by itself means losing fat and gaining muscle.

Measurements
Pre
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 209.4

Neck : 15.5"
Shoulders : 50"
Chest : 41"
Upper Arm : 14"
Waist : 40"
Hip : 45"
Thigh : 23.5"
Calf : 15"

Weight : 199.2 - Lost 10.2 lbs

Neck : 15.5"
Shoulders : 50"
Chest : 43" - Gained 2"
Upper Arm : 14.5" - Gained .5"
Waist : 38" - Lost 2"
Hip : 45"
Thigh : 24" - Gained .5"
Calf : 16" - Gained 1"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 Week Pre and Post Front.JPG (84.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 5 Week Pre and Post Side.JPG (37.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Pre Newspaper.JPG (79.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 5 Week Post Newspaper 2.JPG (93.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 AM

Talking Charles Hiller 5 week Entry

I started this program with an open mind and set high goals. I first purchased the system about 3 years ago, skimmed over it and never got any further than that. I was looking for the easy way out, some magic trick to help me loose weight. I was looking for the lazy way out. I came to realize the lazy way is what got me to where I was in the first place.

During the last 5 weeks I have challenged many of my paradigms, and realized that I needed to make changes in the ways I perceived things and did things. I always wanted to have an active life style; I just lost the motivation to do it. So I cleared the slate, so to say, of all of the years of programs and systems and magazine articles that I have learned from and started fresh. I took the TT system as it was with no outside influence or modifications, and low and behold it works outstandingly.

I have gotten my diet under control, and did a lot of soul searching and self evaluation to figure out what triggered my binge eating and reckless attitude towards my health (most of this was done while getting through the interval training). I feel I have a better understanding of why I do things and definitely have come up with a set of tools to keep me from slipping. I have also realized how much the social support makes a difference, and have come to count on reading what everyone on here has to say and their individual journeys. I never would have thought it could make such a difference and I am glad I signed up for the website instead of just mailing my info in.

So in 5 short weeks I am on my way to healthier life. My quality of life has greatly improved and my emotional well being has not been this good or stable in at least 20 years. There isn’t a day that goes by where someone doesn’t compliment me and ask what I am doing to be successful with my transformation. I explain as best as I can then I refer them to the TT website and the total diet solution websites.

START DATE 03MAY10
Weight:_363.6 lbs
% BF:_39.1
BMI:_46.7
Height:_6'2"

Neck:_50 cm
Shoulders:_179 cm
Chest:_ 156 cm
Waist +3:_ 148 cm
Waist:_ 142 cm
Waist -3:_ 133 cm
Hips:_127 cm
Thighs +9:_ 73 cm
Thighs +6:_ 63 cm
Thighs +3:_ 49 cm
Calf:_ 52 cm
Bicep:_ 42 cm
Forearm:_ 34 cm

FINISH DATE 06JUN10 Measurements

Weight: _338.2 lbs__-25.4
BF%_ 35.2__-3.9
BMI: _43.2__-3.5

Neck: _47.5 cm__-2.5 cm
Shoulders: _162.0 cm__-17 cm
Chest: _148.0 cm__-8 cm
Bicep: _38.0 cm__-4 cm
Forearm: _31.5 cm__-2.5 cm
Waist +3:_137.0 cm__-11 cm
Waist: _132.0 cm__-10 cm
Waist -3:_129.0 cm__-4 cm
Hips: _125.0 cm__-2 cm
Thighs +9:_73.0 cm__0 cm
Thighs +6:_66.0 cm__+3 cm
Thighs +3:_56.0 cm__+7 cm
Calf: _49.0 cm__-3 cm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06JUN10_Charles_Hiller_Back.JPG (87.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 06JUN10_Charles_Hiller_Front.JPG (92.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 06JUN10_Charles_Hiller_Left_Side.JPG (83.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-20-2010, 02:36 AM

Default Brian's 5 week entry

TT Transformation 8

__________Start_____Week5_____Change

Date______05/16_____06/19
Wgt.______199.5_____188.0_____-11.5 lbs.
Bf%______24.5%____20.0%_____-4.5%

Neck_____15.75_____15.50______-0.50
Chest_____43.75_____41.00______-2.75
Waist_____39.00_____37.50______-1.50
Hips_____39.00______38.50______-0.50
Thigh_____22.50_____22.00______-0.50

Until 6 months ago, I had not been exercising in several years and had allowed 25 years of poor eating and minimal exercise to add up to 60 lbs of weight gain. I decided toward the end of last year that this was the year I was going to change that, and I set a goal to be in the best shape of my life before I turn 50 in three years.

I started with my diet. At first I just cut back on my portions and sweets and lost about 20 lbs. Beginning the first of this year I began limiting myself to meat, vegetables, and a small amount of fruit and dairy. I started exercising a month later using the Tony Horton Power 90 dvds that I had bought several years earlier but quit using after a month or two. My goal was to reach 200 lbs by the end of March because I have a dive vacation scheduled then. I made it to within a few pounds of my goal.

When I came back from my trip I was ready for the next step. I knew the very low carb diet was probably not sustainable for a life time, yet without a plan I would likely gain back everything I lost and more. I found the Primal Blueprint, and felt like maybe I could stick with it, continue approaching my fitness goal. The primal blueprint preaches the evils of chronic cardio and promotes lifting heavy several times a week and doing intervals/sprints once or twice a week and then moving slowly/playing the rest of the week. I started search for a program that fit that theory. Several members of the Primal Blueprint family supported Turbulence Training so I looked at it, and decided to try it.

My wife and I work out together, although we have different nutrition plans. She can stay healthy eating all food groups by using portion control. I tend to eat to much and have found I am much better off just eliminating the foods that tend to become fat. We started at the beginning of Turbulence Training for Fat Loss with the beginners routine. Unlike many other posters on this site, we felt challenged and wondered if we would be ready for intermediate in 4 weeks and dreaded original in 8 weeks.

Two weeks into the beginner routine, Craig announced Transformation #8. At first my thoughts were: this is not for me, it is just good marketing to draw new clients. I thought there was no point in a 12 week competition, when I had accepted that my transformation would take several years to reach my fitness goal and then maintaining/improving for the rest of my life. Twelve weeks is just a flash in the pan. I have read interviews of past contestants/winners of other transformation programs and most have major improvement during the competition but then do not know how to continue and end up back where they started. This is when I realized the Turbulence Training Transformation was different. Craig had created programs for after the Transformation. The transformation was not just a start and end, but rather an incentive to stick with the program, jump start your life long transformation and keep you going strong for 12 weeks. So I decided to do it, with the hope that the competition would keep me a little bit more on the straight and narrow both exercising and eating.

Next Craig announced the five week transformation, and again I thought marketing. He does not want to lose clients to Joel’s extreme diet and exercise program so he developed Titans and the five week transformation. Again I saw the light a week later and realized that while 12 weeks was a flash in life’s plan, it was still long enough to allow thoughts of complacency. Adding the 5 week program would help keep the mind strong for the first weeks with an added incentive, and by then the 12 week transformation would be nearly half completed with the finish in sight.

While I believe I would have continued using Turbulence Training and reached my long term goals without the Transformations, the transformations have certainly added energy and drive to my plan. I will make it sooner now. I have also learned the importance of taking photos to document your changes. I knew I had advanced towards my goal during the five weeks, but without the photos I would not have thought it was very much.

I am a lifetime convert to Turbulence training. It works and should continue working as long as I follow it, and follow it I will. Thank you Craig, I found my nutritional ying and you are providing my fitness yang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT8Wk5 Front.jpg (14.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg TT8WK5Side.jpg (61.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg TT8WK5Back.jpg (76.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by taboo : 06-20-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added essay and measurements
Old 06-27-2010, 04:04 PM

I cant believe the changes on my body in 5 weeks! I started Turbulence Training at the end of May and decided to enter the 8th Transformation contest. For my before pictures I had to hunt and hunt for the only 2 piece swimsuit I owned, it was years old, as I no longer wore a two-piece anywhere. BUT thanks to TT I just bought my first real bikini in more than a decade- and I feel great in it!

Four years ago I turned 40 without too much fanfare. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was now a ‘middle aged’ woman. One day this year I woke-up and I took a long at myself in the mirror -at my now jigglly belly that wanted to hang over my jeans and my assets that were heading South, East, & West all at the same time. And worse than that, I had almost no energy and felt bad the majority of the time. I realized I needed to make some changes if I wanted to enjoy my life again.

I have never been much of a dieter, but I realized I needed to get processed food - especially sugar out of my diet. The problem was even though I knew what to do, I did not really have a plan. I also knew I needed to be exercising- regularly. Though I have always loved to workout, I have had a real problem with consistency in the last few years -especially since making the switch from ‘stay at home mom’ to the time demands of holding a job and getting out the door early in the mornings.

I ran across an add for Turbulence Training and decided to give it a try. I downloaded the manuals and started to read. One of the first things I learned from Craig was, “If you are going to accomplish anything -including loosing weight- you must set goals.” So I set out to write some goals - I thought I would make them reasonable and attainable for a 44 year old. I posted an introduction at the forum and stated my age and that I planed to be realistic- that I knew I was in my mid-40s, I couldn’t weigh what I did/ expect results like I had in my 30’s ect. and I would set my goals to reflect that. THEN came a reply from another TT member and she said that she was 45 and thanks to TT she was in the best shape of her life - actually better than she was in her 20’s and 30’s!!! Well that blew all my excuses out of the water and it challenged me! I remembered re-reading in Craig’s goal article, he said, “DON’T set your goal so low they don’t really mean anything to you! Go for the gold- what do you really want?” I thought -I want to be in the best shape of my life- but not just on the outside -inside and out! I knew it would be hard work- but I also was beginning to believe with Turbulence Training I could do it!!!!

The forums have been such a great help to me. Being able to keep a journal and knowing others are reading it gives me the accountability I need to stay consistent with my workouts and with my eating. Reading the other contestants journals inspires me to stay on track also.

There are other things that I knew to do, but was never able to implement until I started TT. I have started to plan my meals in advance, make sure I shop ahead of time and have the right foods in the house, or with me when I go out. I am journaling my foods and keeping up with my calories. These are all things I am still working on becoming consistent with. My eating has not been perfect for sure, I have given into temptations a few times -BUT as I make these mistakes I am determined to learn from them -and to get past them - not to let them stop me. I am working toward lifestyle changes that will include consistency.

Diet may be important to fat loss- but I have to workout to see results. I LOVE the TT workouts!!!! I have worked out at home off and on for years using workout videos -but I just couldn’t seem to get into them anymore. I LOVE having my workouts on paper so instead of watching someone else’s form I am able to really focus on my own form. And I love being able to use MY choice of music. I was NOT one of those former cardio lovers -but I LOVE the TT Intervals. They go by so quick -yet they are so very effective! I have also made some strength gains - I now do all of my push-ups on my toes and I can do 1 ½ chin-ups!

I started with the Intermediate Turbulence Training for Fat Loss which I really enjoyed and have now moved on to Booty 4 Wife to help shape up my largest assets. I have a 20 year wedding anniversary coming up in August and I thought the results might make a nice gift for my husband -though it wont be much of a surprise because he is already noticing the changes! I love the definition I am already seeing after only 5 weeks in my arms and my waist. My love handles are shrinking and all of my pants & shorts are looser in the thighs and butt !!!!I

I feel like a winner every time I look in the mirror and see my body transforming. I now believe its not about what age I am but how well I am taking care of myself by eating right and working out regularly. I no longer feel like a middle aged woman -I feel like a woman with a new lease on life! I have not reached my goals yet but I cant wait for the end of the 12 weeks to see how close I am to being in the best shape of my life!!!!!

Melody AKA Evergreen

Height 5' 7"

Before:
Weight 170 lbs
Chest 40”
lower abs 36”
waist 32“
hips 39”
thighs 24”
arms 19”

After 5 weeks:
Weight 166 lbs
chest 37”
lower abs 35”
waist 30.5”
hips 38.5”
thighs 24”
arms 12.75”

So - 4 lbs lost and 6 inches of fat loss!!! WHOOP!!!
(I did not count my arms since I believe the 19” was a mistake)

Before/After 5 weeks Front [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Before/ after 5 weeks side [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

I have close-ups of both news papers that show the dates if you need them

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 06-27-2010, 05:37 PM

I am adding these 'back' shots because they show my before love handles and also where I need the most work in the next 7 weeks.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 PM

Default Not Planning to do it all over again...

The last several months have been particularly stressful and emotional for me. I quit my job, started my own business, and my husband deployed to Kuwait. At first, I did not know how it was going to affect me. I thought the new business will keep me busy while my husband is away from home. I did not expect that stress will affect my eating habits. I never have turned to food for emotional reasons until I put myself in this situation. I ended up gaining back 15 lbs over the course of 9 months even with consistent exercise. I was in denial. I kept saying to myself that I still look good until reality hit me one day. I felt terrible about how I looked in clothes. I didn’t feel 100% in tuned with my body and my health.
When Craig announced the 5-week contest along with Joel Marion’s Extreme Fat Loss Diet, I knew this was my chance to jump start my way to fitness again. During these short 5 weeks, I was able to gain control of my eating habits more than I ever had in the past several months. Even though I only had a total of 22 days, I still ended up losing 7.2 lbs, 7.25 inches, and 4% body fat. I am happy that I did this 5 week contest and I plan to continue the 12 week transformation contest and really get my fitness back. I’ve forgotten how difficult this journey is until I had to do it all over again. The lesson I learned? Keep my stress levels under control at all times. I’ve also learned to do my best not to go back to where I started. In other words, I intend to move forward often and move backwards less often.

Measurements in inches (before/after):

Neck 12/12
Chest 36/34.5
Upper Arm 11.5/11.0
Abs (2" above belly button) 31.75/30.5
Abs (belly button) 32.75/32
Abs (2" below belly button) 36/35
Hips 39/38
Thigh 22/22
Calves 14.5/13.25

Weight in lbs: 138.8/132.6
% Body Fat: 25.8%/21.8%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT June 2010 front combine.jpg (80.3 KB, 40 views)

My Blog - Fat Loss Strategies
Primal Fit Bootcamp, East Bay, CA

"You are only as happy as you make your mind up to be."
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Talking

Here is my official entry for the 5 week mini contest:

Height- 1.79m

Before----------------------After------------Change
Weight- 95kg---------------87.5 kg----------7.5kg
Lower abs-102 cm----------98 cm------------lost 4 cm
No measurements--------Middle abs- 96.5cm
No measurements--------Upper abs- 94 cm
Chest -109cm---------------104 cm----------lost 5 cm!!!!!!! AUGH!!
L arm -38 cm----------------37cm-------------lost 1 cm
R arm- 39 cm----------------38 cm------------lost 1 cm
L thigh-58cm----------------56.5cm-----------lost 1.5 cm
R thigh-59cm----------------57.5cm-----------lost 1.5 cm
L calve- 40cm---------------39 cm------------lost 1 cm
R calve- 41cm---------------40.5cm-----------lost 0.5 cm

When I started TT almost 2 months ago, things were going pretty much in the same way like in the 2 previous transformation contests, with one big difference: back then I only knew what I had to do to get lean, but now I simply did it! No more excuses. End point.

It all started back in January when I looken into the mirror and saw that horrible thing that was my physique. Had to make a change. My 67 year old dad has diabetes, high blood pressure and a miocardial infarction and I, even if I’m a medical student and should know better, was heading the very same way! Unacceptable!

So I picked up one of my favourite TT workouts and moved my impressive physique to the gym. No problem with that, always loved intense training. But my 4 major improvements in this contest are the right mindset, nutrition, consistency and patience. 2 years ago I was thinking like this: “I hope this works...”, “I will try to avoid sugar” Well, that’s over now. No more hoping and trying. I’m just doing it. I’m simply not the guy who cheats on his fat loss plan anymore- I said it day after day in front of the mirror and sincerely believe in it.

As soon as I’ve removed all added sugar from my diet, I’ve started melting at a rate of 700-1300g per week. Again, patience and consistency made the difference. I’ve had good results before. But they weren’t awesome because I was expecting them too soon- like 2-3 weeks. After all, what if I’m stuck at the same weight for 4-5 days? I’ll lose more weight anyway in the next few. No more stressing out.

Can’t wait to see what I can achieve in the remaining 7 weeks, seeing my results so far. Ouups... Should put it differently: what I will achieve!!

Here are my before photos:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09758e.jpg (73.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09759e.jpg (66.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09761e.jpg (77.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09762e.jpg (66.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09765e.jpg (58.5 KB, 0 views)
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste

Last edited by antoheion : 07-02-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added my essay
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Talking

And my after photos. Don't get tricked by the side picture- I look better because of the blitz effect (I look as if I'm having a tan)- still having problems with my camera settings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1Ce.jpg (50.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2Ce.jpg (49.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3Ce.jpg (46.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 4Ce.jpg (36.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09915.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 views)
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 PM

Default Transformation 8 Five Week Mini Contest

Turbulence Training workouts have, once again, gotten me back on track with my fitness. Five weeks ago, I was disappointed in myself, moping around, sluggish, and a little depressed that I had let the weight I lost a year and a half ago creep back on. After I lost the weight, the holidays came, and I got lazy and slowly let bad foods slip back into my diet. When I realized I was losing ground, I made a feeble attempt to get back on track. But I made a huge mistake. I veered away from TT. Foolishly, I attempted many different exercise programs with little to no success. The lack of success caused me to be discouraged. In turn, that discouragement led to low motivation. Therefore, the pounds and fat continued flooding my body.
There I sat in my slough of despair wishing I could drink some magic potion that would get me out of the bog. Knowing that was a complete fairytale, something snapped inside me. I realized that if I wanted to see any progress and get back to a good level of fitness, I needed to quit my pity party and make some serious changes.
I hopped on my computer and went straight to the TT website. My ascent out of the bog began when I noticed that I still had a day left to enter the 8th transformation contest. “Yes!” I said to myself. “This is just the push I need.” And, it was the push I needed. I knew from a previous contest that the encouragement from the people on the forums and the goal of finishing a competition would motivate me to get back on the right track with my nutrition and fitness. So, I quickly renewed my membership and immediately put the pedal to the medal.
Over the past five weeks, I’ve been able to climb out of my bog with a renewed energy and motivation. I still have a long way to go before I reach my desired weight, but I’ve made excellent progress. In five weeks, I’ve lost 7 pounds and around 9 inches overall. I’m elated. Now, I must press on toward even better results at the end of twelve weeks. Thank you, Craig, for such a wonderful program.
Before: May 31, 2010
Weight: 153 lbs.
Body fat %: 28%
Chest: 33”
Belly Button: 38”
Waist: 39”
Right Arm: 12.25”
Left Arm: 12”
Right Leg: 24”
Left Leg: 23.5”

After: July 2, 2010
Weight:.146 lbs (-7 lbs)
Body fat %: 26% (-2%)
Chest: 32” (-1")
Belly Button: 34” (-4")
Waist: 37” (- 2")
Right Arm: 11.5” (- .75")
Left Arm: 11.5” (- .5")
Right Leg: 23.5” (-.5")
Left Leg: 23” (- .5")

It took me awhile to figure out how to post pictures. In the meantime, I emailed them, but I have now posted them at the end of the thread mainly for grins I guess.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!

Last edited by momof4 : 07-03-2010 at 01:18 AM.